Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....assume the Browns take a QB....then  Giants take Chubb....then Jets take QB.....and Browns do trade down to a team that wants/needs a QB  Bills/Dolphins whomever.

    Do you claim that the Broncos will nab him? 

    I don't know why keep going around with me.

    I feel the Browns should walk away with their QB and either Barkley or Chubb at 1 and four.

    I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

    If we take the QB and Chubb, and Barkley is sitting there, yes, I feel the Broncos would take him.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't know why keep going around with me.

    I feel the Browns should walk away with their QB and either Barkley or Chubb at 1 and four.

    I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally Retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

    If we take the QB and Chubb, and Barkley is sitting there, yes, I feel the Broncos would take him.

    Zombo

    Barkley at #1. One of the best QBs at #4 will still be there. None of the QBs have an edge, they are all equal odds. Barkley is the best player in the draft.

    By the way, I challenged Barkley to a fight and told him he has to fly to either Memphis or Vegas. He won't do either, He is afraid of me.

  • Zombo said:

    I don't know why keep going around with me.

    I feel the Browns should walk away with their QB and either Barkley or Chubb at 1 and four.

    I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally Retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

    If we take the QB and Chubb, and Barkley is sitting there, yes, I feel the Broncos would take him.

    Zombo

    Barkley at #1. One of the best QBs at #4 will still be there. None of the QBs have an edge, they are all equal odds. Barkley is the best player in the draft.

    By the way, I challenged Barkley to a fight and told him he has to fly to either Memphis or Vegas. He won't do either, He is afraid of me.

    @ghoolie said:

    Barkley at #1. One of the best QBs at #4 will still be there. None of the QBs have an edge, they are all equal odds. Barkley is the best player in the draft.

    By the way, I challenged Barkley to a fight and told him he has to fly to either Memphis or Vegas. He won't do either, He is afraid of me.

    Well...if you want to fight him....you won't be coming to Cleveland either..because he won't be here!!! 😆

  • If the Browns take Barkley #1...

    Who do the Giants take #2?

    Then who do the Jets take #3? 

    Who does that leave us with at #4?

  • If the Browns take Barkley #1...

    Who do the Giants take #2?

    Then who do the Jets take #3? 

    Who does that leave us with at #4?

    @poeticg said:

    If the Browns take Barkley #1... 

    Who do the Giants take #2? - I'm going to say they either trade down- could be with Cleveland or they take or Nelson/Chubb. I'm convinced they pass on a QB.  

    Then who do the Jets take #3? With All of the QBs still available, which one will they take. 

    Who does that leave us with at #4? Leaves us with our choice of QBs... Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen/Rudolph/Jackson minus one of them... a perfect place to be. 

  • Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition

    Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community
    1 browns.0.svg Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson
    2 giants.0.svg Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield
    3 jets.0.svg Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb
    4 browns.0.svg Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward
    5 broncos.0.svg Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley
    6 colts.0.svg Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson
    7 buccaneers.0.svg Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick
    8 bears.0.svg Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds
    9 49ers.0.svg Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport
    10 raiders.0.svg Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith
    11 dolphins.0.svg Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen
    12 bills.0.svg Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold
    13 redskins.0.svg Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James
    14 packers.0.svg Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry
    15 cardinals.0.svg Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen
    16 ravens.0.svg Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley
    17 chargers.0.svg Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea
    18 seahawks.0.svg Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes
    19 cowboys.0.svg Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez
    20 lions.0.svg Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan
    21 bengals.0.svg Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn
    22 bills.0.svg Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk
    23 patriots.0.svg Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller
    24 panthers.0.svg D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore
    25 titans.0.svg Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key
    26 falcons.0.svg Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne
    27 saints.0.svg Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter
    28 steelers.0.svg Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch
    29 jaguars.0.svg Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans
    30 vikings.0.svg Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey
    31 patriots.0.svg Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki
    32 eagles.0.svg Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams
    33 browns.0.svg Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst
    34 giants.0.svg Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice
    35 browns.0.svg Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard
  • I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

  • I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    @mike-h said:

    I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    I would love it if he would slide and somehow the Browns ended up with him..... that dude is going to be an absolute beast

  • I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    @mike-h said:

    I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.  

  • @mike-h said:

    I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    I would love it if he would slide and somehow the Browns ended up with him..... that dude is going to be an absolute beast

    @hx214 said:

    I would love it if he would slide and somehow the Browns ended up with him..... that dude is going to be an absolute beast

    It's just the opposite. His stock is going up. They are saying he's going top 10, no question

  • @mike-h said:

    I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

    Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.  

    @hoorta said:

    Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.  

    Well Phil Simms was really pushing for Allen today as the best of them all.

  • Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition

    Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community
    1 browns.0.svg Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson
    2 giants.0.svg Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield
    3 jets.0.svg Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb
    4 browns.0.svg Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward
    5 broncos.0.svg Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley
    6 colts.0.svg Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson
    7 buccaneers.0.svg Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick
    8 bears.0.svg Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds
    9 49ers.0.svg Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport
    10 raiders.0.svg Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith
    11 dolphins.0.svg Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen
    12 bills.0.svg Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold
    13 redskins.0.svg Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James
    14 packers.0.svg Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry
    15 cardinals.0.svg Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen
    16 ravens.0.svg Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley
    17 chargers.0.svg Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea
    18 seahawks.0.svg Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes
    19 cowboys.0.svg Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez
    20 lions.0.svg Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan
    21 bengals.0.svg Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn
    22 bills.0.svg Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk
    23 patriots.0.svg Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller
    24 panthers.0.svg D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore
    25 titans.0.svg Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key
    26 falcons.0.svg Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne
    27 saints.0.svg Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter
    28 steelers.0.svg Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch
    29 jaguars.0.svg Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans
    30 vikings.0.svg Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey
    31 patriots.0.svg Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki
    32 eagles.0.svg Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams
    33 browns.0.svg Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst
    34 giants.0.svg Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice
    35 browns.0.svg Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard

    @mike-h said:

    Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition

    Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community
    1 browns.0.svg Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson
    2 giants.0.svg Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield
    3 jets.0.svg Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb
    4 browns.0.svg Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward
    5 broncos.0.svg Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley
    6 colts.0.svg Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson
    7 buccaneers.0.svg Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick
    8 bears.0.svg Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds
    9 49ers.0.svg Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport
    10 raiders.0.svg Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith
    11 dolphins.0.svg Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen
    12 bills.0.svg Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold
    13 redskins.0.svg Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James
    14 packers.0.svg Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry
    15 cardinals.0.svg Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen
    16 ravens.0.svg Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley
    17 chargers.0.svg Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea
    18 seahawks.0.svg Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes
    19 cowboys.0.svg Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez
    20 lions.0.svg Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan
    21 bengals.0.svg Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn
    22 bills.0.svg Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk
    23 patriots.0.svg Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller
    24 panthers.0.svg D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore
    25 titans.0.svg Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key
    26 falcons.0.svg Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne
    27 saints.0.svg Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter
    28 steelers.0.svg Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch
    29 jaguars.0.svg Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans
    30 vikings.0.svg Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey
    31 patriots.0.svg Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki
    32 eagles.0.svg Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams
    33 browns.0.svg Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst
    34 giants.0.svg Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice
    35 browns.0.svg Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard

    Well, the DBN Community has a draft I'd be excited over. Lamar, Ward and Mo? Haha that would be some entertaining Sheet.

  • Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

    https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

    Shared from my Google feed

  • Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

    https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

    Shared from my Google feed

    @westside-steve said:

    Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

    https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

    Shared from my Google feed

    Good for Baker. That agent obviously did little to no homework to learn about Baker & didn't deserve to represent him.

    Mike

  • If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......

    @darren15 said:

    If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......

    Read the same thing. Then the possible trade down from #4 goes off the board because one extra QB off the board decreases the price for #4. Dorsey then has to take either Chubb or Barkley.

  • Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

    https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

    Shared from my Google feed

    @westside-steve said:

    Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

    https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

    Shared from my Google feed

    That is great, I’d have no problem if Dorsey called his name at #1 tonight 

  • Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

  • Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    It may very well be - Tyrod and Mayfield - about the same size. and leadership. and playmaking on the move ability...

    accurate, smart, ...etc. If you don't worry about Mayfield's height, and figure he won't have maturity issues in the NFL...

    it does make sense.

    *************************

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/24/does-john-dorseys-assessment-of-tyrod-taylor-point-to-baker-mayfield/


    “I loved Tyrod coming out of college, I always did,” Dorsey said at the time. “I thought there was a dynamic set about him, not only his athleticism [and his] ability to extend a play,  but he had — as coach [Frank] Beamer would always say, ‘He’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around.’  He’s got enough arm talent with accuracy to get the ball downfield, and he doesn’t turn the ball over.”

  • Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

    Pair Barkley with him.

    Zombo

  • @flugel said:

    Like other young QBs like Mitch L. Trubisky and Jameis Winston are finding out - the NFL doesn't provide the same give-me's the ACC did.  That being the case a 19 TD:8 INT in just 7 games was a pretty good start. 

    The defense at UCLA and USC won't be what Darnold and Rosen are being evaluated by so they don't matter to me. 

    I just think your competitive side that only has eyes for Rosen looks harder for flaws in others than it is willing to do with him.  I could be wrong with that though.

    I like the way you closed strong above Tour.  That being the case, I'll make sure I give your right knee a better warning next time I go piggyback. 

    Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...

    • I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.
    • I don't see discussions here as a "competition"... just point/counterpoint... and I have no stake in one QB over another.

    @tour2ma said:

    Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...

    • I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.

    If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23. 

    Lashley led UCLA with 10 rec for 204 yds and 3 TDs on a day Rosen went 32 of 52 for 421 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT.    In comparison, S. Mitchell Jr led USC with 4 rec 56 yards on a night Darnold went 17 of 28 for 264 yards and 1 INT.   Most viewers concluded Rosen outplayed Darnold with no mention of UCLA's defense killing Rosen's draft stock that night.   I've seen a lot of people pointing out the difference in competitive value between Rosen and Allen in the games they lost was UCLA's offense continued to amass a lot of yardage and score a lot of points via their passing games. 

    If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage. For example, in 2005 Vandy's defense wasn't good enough to stop SEC opponents - so Cutler got into a bunch shootouts that earned him the SEC Offensive Player of the Year honors. They were never Bowl eligible throughout his tenure at Vandy.  That said, he's the only Vandy QB I've seen in drafted as high as #11 overall. 

    In the end, the biggest hurdle Rosen is facing doesn't have anything to do with UCLA's defense. Fair or not, it will be his concussion inventory and in some instances his attitude (which I like by the way).

  • @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

    Pair Barkley with him.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

    Pair Barkley with him.

    Zombo

    And if we take Mayfield it's better than 50% odds the Giants then take Darnold leaving Barkley for us. Tough choice then for our later round RB picker Dorsey.