Baker Mayfield Thread
-
If the Browns take Barkley #1...
Who do the Giants take #2?
Then who do the Jets take #3?
Who does that leave us with at #4?
If the Browns take Barkley #1...
Who do the Giants take #2? - I'm going to say they either trade down- could be with Cleveland or they take or Nelson/Chubb. I'm convinced they pass on a QB.
Then who do the Jets take #3? With All of the QBs still available, which one will they take.
Who does that leave us with at #4? Leaves us with our choice of QBs... Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen/Rudolph/Jackson minus one of them... a perfect place to be.
-
Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition
Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community 1 Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson 2 Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield 3 Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb 4 Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward 5 Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley 6 Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson 7 Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick 8 Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds 9 Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport 10 Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith 11 Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen 12 Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold 13 Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James 14 Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry 15 Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen 16 Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley 17 Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea 18 Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes 19 Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez 20 Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan 21 Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn 22 Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk 23 Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller 24 D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore 25 Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key 26 Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne 27 Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter 28 Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch 29 Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans 30 Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey 31 Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki 32 Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams 33 Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst 34 Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice 35 Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard -
I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.
-
I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.
I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.
Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.
-
-
I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.
Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.
Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.
Well Phil Simms was really pushing for Allen today as the best of them all.
-
Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition
Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community 1 Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson 2 Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield 3 Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb 4 Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward 5 Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley 6 Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson 7 Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick 8 Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds 9 Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport 10 Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith 11 Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen 12 Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold 13 Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James 14 Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry 15 Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen 16 Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley 17 Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea 18 Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes 19 Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez 20 Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan 21 Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn 22 Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk 23 Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller 24 D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore 25 Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key 26 Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne 27 Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter 28 Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch 29 Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans 30 Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey 31 Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki 32 Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams 33 Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst 34 Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice 35 Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition
Well, the DBN Community has a draft I'd be excited over. Lamar, Ward and Mo? Haha that would be some entertaining Sheet.
-
Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent
https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om
Shared from my Google feed
-
Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent
https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om
Shared from my Google feed
Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent
https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om
Shared from my Google feed
Good for Baker. That agent obviously did little to no homework to learn about Baker & didn't deserve to represent him.
Mike
-
If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......
If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......
Read the same thing. Then the possible trade down from #4 goes off the board because one extra QB off the board decreases the price for #4. Dorsey then has to take either Chubb or Barkley.
-
Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent
https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om
Shared from my Google feed
Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent
https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om
Shared from my Google feed
That is great, I’d have no problem if Dorsey called his name at #1 tonight
-
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
-
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
It may very well be - Tyrod and Mayfield - about the same size. and leadership. and playmaking on the move ability...
accurate, smart, ...etc. If you don't worry about Mayfield's height, and figure he won't have maturity issues in the NFL...
it does make sense.
*************************
“I loved Tyrod coming out of college, I always did,” Dorsey said at the time. “I thought there was a dynamic set about him, not only his athleticism [and his] ability to extend a play, but he had — as coach [Frank] Beamer would always say, ‘He’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around.’ He’s got enough arm talent with accuracy to get the ball downfield, and he doesn’t turn the ball over.” -
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.
Pair Barkley with him.
Zombo
-
Like other young QBs like Mitch L. Trubisky and Jameis Winston are finding out - the NFL doesn't provide the same give-me's the ACC did. That being the case a 19 TD:8 INT in just 7 games was a pretty good start.
The defense at UCLA and USC won't be what Darnold and Rosen are being evaluated by so they don't matter to me.
I just think your competitive side that only has eyes for Rosen looks harder for flaws in others than it is willing to do with him. I could be wrong with that though.
I like the way you closed strong above Tour. That being the case, I'll make sure I give your right knee a better warning next time I go piggyback.
Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...
- I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.
- I don't see discussions here as a "competition"... just point/counterpoint... and I have no stake in one QB over another.
Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...
- I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.
If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time. For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23.
Lashley led UCLA with 10 rec for 204 yds and 3 TDs on a day Rosen went 32 of 52 for 421 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT. In comparison, S. Mitchell Jr led USC with 4 rec 56 yards on a night Darnold went 17 of 28 for 264 yards and 1 INT. Most viewers concluded Rosen outplayed Darnold with no mention of UCLA's defense killing Rosen's draft stock that night. I've seen a lot of people pointing out the difference in competitive value between Rosen and Allen in the games they lost was UCLA's offense continued to amass a lot of yardage and score a lot of points via their passing games.
If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage. For example, in 2005 Vandy's defense wasn't good enough to stop SEC opponents - so Cutler got into a bunch shootouts that earned him the SEC Offensive Player of the Year honors. They were never Bowl eligible throughout his tenure at Vandy. That said, he's the only Vandy QB I've seen in drafted as high as #11 overall.
In the end, the biggest hurdle Rosen is facing doesn't have anything to do with UCLA's defense. Fair or not, it will be his concussion inventory and in some instances his attitude (which I like by the way).
-
Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.
Pair Barkley with him.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.
Pair Barkley with him.
Zombo
And if we take Mayfield it's better than 50% odds the Giants then take Darnold leaving Barkley for us. Tough choice then for our later round RB picker Dorsey.
-
If the rumor is true they are taking mayfield one well they brownsed the draft again. They just can’t get out of there own way. If true the front office need fired the coach and Haslem should be made to sell the team or run him out of the city. Absolutely pathetic, because short running qbs work out so great.
-
Short running QB's don't grade as PFF's best passer.
Moar trolling!
-
Shefter said there's belief among coaches and other teams we're taking Mayfield? That's all fine and dandy, but it's not like any of OUR management people said we were, LOL. I still don't think we can believe anything we read. Don't get me wrong, he's who I want, but thank goodness we don't have to wait much longer. I'm so stoked!
Any chance we DON'T trade the #4? I honestly don't see us keeping it. The scuttlebutt is that we're looking to add a first rounder NEXT year above all else. Would Buffalo give the 12, 22, AND their 2019 1ST rounder for the #4?? I'm guessing no way in HECK, but it's worth a shot, LOL. Maybe we throw in Corey Coleman to sweeten the deal? They need WR's, no? Something tells me Corey won't be on our team after the draft.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login