Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • If the rumor is true they are taking mayfield one well they brownsed the draft again.  They just can’t get out of there own way.  If true the front office need fired the coach and Haslem should be made to sell the team or run him out of the city.  Absolutely pathetic, because short running qbs work out so great. 

  • Short running QB's don't grade as PFF's best passer.

    Moar trolling!

  • Shefter said there's belief among coaches and other teams we're taking Mayfield?  That's all fine and dandy, but it's not like any of OUR management people said we were, LOL.  I still don't think we can believe anything we read.  Don't get me wrong, he's who I want, but thank goodness we don't have to wait much longer.  I'm so stoked!  

    Any chance we DON'T trade the #4?  I honestly don't see us keeping it.  The scuttlebutt is that we're looking to add a first rounder NEXT year above all else.  Would Buffalo give the 12, 22, AND their 2019 1ST rounder for the #4??  I'm guessing no way in HECK, but it's worth a shot, LOL.  Maybe we throw in Corey Coleman to sweeten the deal?  They need WR's, no?  Something tells me Corey won't be on our team after the draft.

  • If Giants take Darnold .......options are

    Barkley at 4 and a pass rusher in the 2nd round like Turay

    Chubb at 4 and a RB in the 2nd

    Denzel Ward at 4 and BPA in 2nd round

    Derwen James at 4 and BPA in 2nd Round

    Trade Out, pick up 12 and 22 from the Bills and draft BPA

  • Shefter said there's belief among coaches and other teams we're taking Mayfield?  That's all fine and dandy, but it's not like any of OUR management people said we were, LOL.  I still don't think we can believe anything we read.  Don't get me wrong, he's who I want, but thank goodness we don't have to wait much longer.  I'm so stoked!  

    Any chance we DON'T trade the #4?  I honestly don't see us keeping it.  The scuttlebutt is that we're looking to add a first rounder NEXT year above all else.  Would Buffalo give the 12, 22, AND their 2019 1ST rounder for the #4??  I'm guessing no way in HECK, but it's worth a shot, LOL.  Maybe we throw in Corey Coleman to sweeten the deal?  They need WR's, no?  Something tells me Corey won't be on our team after the draft.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Any chance we DON'T trade the #4?  I honestly don't see us keeping it.  The scuttlebutt is that we're looking to add a first rounder NEXT year above all else.  Would Buffalo give the 12, 22, AND their 2019 1ST rounder for the #4??  I'm guessing no way in HECK, but it's worth a shot, LOL.  Maybe we throw in Corey Coleman to sweeten the deal?  They need WR's, no?  Something tells me Corey won't be on our team after the draft.

    I don't get trading down if you can have your pick between Barkley and Chubb. In a less Qb-driven year these guys would be #1 and #2.

    Everybody always says BPA, but no one ever means BPA?

    Zombo

  • Short running QB's don't grade as PFF's best passer.

    Moar trolling!

    @unsympathetic said:

    Short running QB's don't grade as PFF's best passer.

    Moar trolling!

    Corey Coleman was PFF's top ranked WR his class.  Stat nerds need context.

  • If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

  • If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

    @darren15 said:

    If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

    Me? Barkley.

    Zombo

  • If the rumor is true they are taking mayfield one well they brownsed the draft again.  They just can’t get out of there own way.  If true the front office need fired the coach and Haslem should be made to sell the team or run him out of the city.  Absolutely pathetic, because short running qbs work out so great. 

    @babernakle said:

    If the rumor is true they are taking mayfield one well they brownsed the draft again.  They just can’t get out of there own way.  If true the front office need fired the coach and Haslem should be made to sell the team or run him out of the city.  Absolutely pathetic, because short running qbs work out so great. 

    Like Russell Wilson you mean ?

  • I have a question then if we take anyone other than Darnold. Then the Giants likely take him, Jets take a QB and we have a choice to make.

    Why have we lined up Jim Brown to announce our pick starting  @ #33 if we are then taking Barkley @ #4?

    If Barkley is there for us at #4 and Jim Brown walks out.....................................

  • That's the NFL. They are having former players of all the teams announce 2nd and 3rd round picks.

    I just don't understand the value of Mayfield at #1. I think he can easily be had at picks #3 or #4. I'm not against drafting him (although I have my reservations), I just don't see him as the top qb. After all of this analysis, my final Rankings are: 1) Rosen 2) Darnold 3) Allen 4) Mayfield. This is why I am having a hard time drafting mayfield at 1. If the browns really want mayfield, i think they could easily trade with the Jets for whatever compensation it is that they want and they will still land him there. 

    The browns are going to Browns this thing, aren't they? Looks like the, "hold my beer" texts are going to be hot and heavy

  • If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

    @darren15 said:

    If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

    hard to pass on a physical 4 down back that can score on any 4 downs in our division. It's us that can't score.The rest of the RB class we can't control like pick #4. Mo Hurst/Oliver/DE's Hubbard all in reach top of 2nd..even OT 

  • @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

    Pair Barkley with him.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

    Pair Barkley with him.

    Zombo

    That's where I'm at today unless the wind currents pick up.  Darnold is my 1A, Mayfield is my 1B, Rosen is my 1C, Josh Allen is my UH-O. 

    Keep in mind, Shefter was the guy that was hurrying to tell everyone Andy Reid was just about signed, sealed and delivered in Arizona before he signed with KC shortly thereafter.

  • @babernakle said:

    If the rumor is true they are taking mayfield one well they brownsed the draft again.  They just can’t get out of there own way.  If true the front office need fired the coach and Haslem should be made to sell the team or run him out of the city.  Absolutely pathetic, because short running qbs work out so great. 

    Like Russell Wilson you mean ?

    @darren15 said:

    Like Russell Wilson you mean ?

    Russ wasn’t take number 1

  • Stay away from Manziel 2.0

    Short and Socky.....

    Answer me this... for someone who loves the attention and being on camera...  he isnt going to the draft... nor has he told anyone (media) where he is going to be.

    this guy is a headache who wants the attention at the wrong time, and avoids it when it is important?

  • im no judge of talent... but I know people and this mayfield kid is a headcase no question.

  • Also this isn’t college he can’t run out of trouble the linemen are bigger the lanes smaller and his attitude towards other teams higher in the draft that looked at him 

  • One Spanish journalist said that he doesn:t see the Browns picking Mayfield because he is ready to play now and it wouldn't make sense as we have a bridge QB in Tyrod. He said that Darnold would make more sense in this context. Your thoughts?

  • Every step of the draft process from senior bowl,combine to Pro Days is a job interview..We were not there..Trips to Berra may include mingling with some locker room players. not there either.Bet the guy at choice #1, has earned it. In the eyes of the People that Matter..