Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • I want the Browns to draft Di ck Hammer's grandson

    But Mayfield does wear a headband....

    LeBron used to wear a headband....

    LeBron is the greatest of all time

    Mayfield greatest of all time?

    @hx214 said:

    I want the Browns to draft Di ck Hammer's grandson

    But Mayfield does wear a headband....

    LeBron used to wear a headband....

    LeBron is the greatest of all time

    Mayfield greatest of all time?

    Oh Yeah!!😆

  • Man, why do I hate Mayfield's footwork so much? Dude looks so slow and choppy on a simple 5/7 step drop..... maybe it's just me. 

    @d-bone said:

    Man, why do I hate Mayfield's footwork so much? Dude looks so slow and choppy on a simple 5/7 step drop..... maybe it's just me. 

    I think he does it right most of the time but gets lazy and relies on alternate release points sometimes. 

  • If the Browns take Barkley #1...

    Who do the Giants take #2?

    Then who do the Jets take #3? 

    Who does that leave us with at #4?

    @poeticg said:

    If the Browns take Barkley #1...

    Who do the Giants take #2?

    Then who do the Jets take #3? 

    Who does that leave us with at #4?

    It doesn't matter...the Browns will never take Barkley #1.   So the supposition is useless.

  • Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

  • @darren15 said:

    If they are both there at 4 do you take Chubb or Barkley ?

    Me? Barkley.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Me? Barkley.

    Zombo

    Me?  Chubb

    Gipper

  • One Spanish journalist said that he doesn:t see the Browns picking Mayfield because he is ready to play now and it wouldn't make sense as we have a bridge QB in Tyrod. He said that Darnold would make more sense in this context. Your thoughts?

    @nero said:

    One Spanish journalist said that he doesn:t see the Browns picking Mayfield because he is ready to play now and it wouldn't make sense as we have a bridge QB in Tyrod. He said that Darnold would make more sense in this context. Your thoughts?

    Your Spanish journalist don't know Bo Diddley.   Mayfield is no more ready to play now than any of these other QBs.  He played in a system completely unlike the pro system.

    If one guy is ready to play now it may be Rosen....because of the system he ran.

  • Mayfield fits Haley well, best deep ball thrower in the draft 

    @londonbrown said:

    Mayfield fits Haley well, best deep ball thrower in the draft 

    Hahahahaha yeah right he scored the lowest of all the qbs at the combine 

  • @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

    @the-gipper said:

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

    Groovy, psychedelic cauliflower!!!!

  • That's the NFL. They are having former players of all the teams announce 2nd and 3rd round picks.

    I just don't understand the value of Mayfield at #1. I think he can easily be had at picks #3 or #4. I'm not against drafting him (although I have my reservations), I just don't see him as the top qb. After all of this analysis, my final Rankings are: 1) Rosen 2) Darnold 3) Allen 4) Mayfield. This is why I am having a hard time drafting mayfield at 1. If the browns really want mayfield, i think they could easily trade with the Jets for whatever compensation it is that they want and they will still land him there. 

    The browns are going to Browns this thing, aren't they? Looks like the, "hold my beer" texts are going to be hot and heavy

    @bigalow80 said:

    That's the NFL. They are having former players of all the teams announce 2nd and 3rd round picks.

    I just don't understand the value of Mayfield at #1. I think he can easily be had at picks #3 or #4. I'm not against drafting him (although I have my reservations), I just don't see him as the top qb. After all of this analysis, my final Rankings are: 1) Rosen 2) Darnold 3) Allen 4) Mayfield. This is why I am having a hard time drafting mayfield at 1. If the browns really want mayfield, i think they could easily trade with the Jets for whatever compensation it is that they want and they will still land him there. 

    The browns are going to Browns this thing, aren't they? Looks like the, "hold my beer" texts are going to be hot and heavy

    It's if he's "the guy" you just take him. If you think he's worth #3, he's worth #1. Don't try and get cute. Like last year with Trubisky. Bears almost certainly could have stayed put and got him, they weren't taking the chance. I have Darnold and Mayfield ranked the same, no preference.

  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    @buckigeorge said:

    Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    Yes, Mayfield ?

  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    @buckigeorge said:

    Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    I second that pleases god .... not mayfield 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mayfield fits Haley well, best deep ball thrower in the draft 

    Hahahahaha yeah right he scored the lowest of all the qbs at the combine 

    @babernakle said:

    Hahahahaha yeah right he scored the lowest of all the qbs at the combine 

    errr what

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/3/15517982/mock-draft-nfl-2017-results

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    The oven is heating up for Baker. I think the word will be out by 6PM...  

  • Only thing I can add is that Jeremiah’s mocks are based on what he hears and not what he thinks. 

    He also used to scout for the Browns. 

  • Austin Powers baby. Allen's racist tweets will assure a fractured locker room wherever he ends up. Also Allen hates Lebron while BM loves the cavs now apparently. 

  • So baker might last two years maybe and the browns are going to pick him over darnold who will be around for twenty years 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...

    • I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.

    If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23. 

    Lashley led UCLA with 10 rec for 204 yds and 3 TDs on a day Rosen went 32 of 52 for 421 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT.    In comparison, S. Mitchell Jr led USC with 4 rec 56 yards on a night Darnold went 17 of 28 for 264 yards and 1 INT.   Most viewers concluded Rosen outplayed Darnold with no mention of UCLA's defense killing Rosen's draft stock that night.   I've seen a lot of people pointing out the difference in competitive value between Rosen and Allen in the games they lost was UCLA's offense continued to amass a lot of yardage and score a lot of points via their passing games. 

    If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage. For example, in 2005 Vandy's defense wasn't good enough to stop SEC opponents - so Cutler got into a bunch shootouts that earned him the SEC Offensive Player of the Year honors. They were never Bowl eligible throughout his tenure at Vandy.  That said, he's the only Vandy QB I've seen in drafted as high as #11 overall. 

    In the end, the biggest hurdle Rosen is facing doesn't have anything to do with UCLA's defense. Fair or not, it will be his concussion inventory and in some instances his attitude (which I like by the way).

    @flugel said:

    If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23.

    If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage.

    First, c'mon... you don't have to spend time on the tape looking at a given D to figure out why they give up tons of points, just note the QBs role, if any, in contributing to their poor showing. And that can be noted from the study of the QB. A poor D simply puts added pressure on a QB before he ever steps onto the field. So again I say that once you bring in considerations other than the QB, you cannot ignore the D.

    Agree that bad D can force a QB into hero role... but it also sets him up to be the "goat"... not to be confused with the G.O.A.T.