Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    @buckigeorge said:

    Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    Yes, Mayfield ?

  • Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    @buckigeorge said:

    Please god.....not Mayfield. 🙁

    I second that pleases god .... not mayfield 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mayfield fits Haley well, best deep ball thrower in the draft 

    Hahahahaha yeah right he scored the lowest of all the qbs at the combine 

    @babernakle said:

    Hahahahaha yeah right he scored the lowest of all the qbs at the combine 

    errr what

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/3/15517982/mock-draft-nfl-2017-results

  • Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    The oven is heating up for Baker. I think the word will be out by 6PM...  

  • Only thing I can add is that Jeremiah’s mocks are based on what he hears and not what he thinks. 

    He also used to scout for the Browns. 

  • Austin Powers baby. Allen's racist tweets will assure a fractured locker room wherever he ends up. Also Allen hates Lebron while BM loves the cavs now apparently. 

  • So baker might last two years maybe and the browns are going to pick him over darnold who will be around for twenty years 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...

    • I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.

    If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23. 

    Lashley led UCLA with 10 rec for 204 yds and 3 TDs on a day Rosen went 32 of 52 for 421 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT.    In comparison, S. Mitchell Jr led USC with 4 rec 56 yards on a night Darnold went 17 of 28 for 264 yards and 1 INT.   Most viewers concluded Rosen outplayed Darnold with no mention of UCLA's defense killing Rosen's draft stock that night.   I've seen a lot of people pointing out the difference in competitive value between Rosen and Allen in the games they lost was UCLA's offense continued to amass a lot of yardage and score a lot of points via their passing games. 

    If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage. For example, in 2005 Vandy's defense wasn't good enough to stop SEC opponents - so Cutler got into a bunch shootouts that earned him the SEC Offensive Player of the Year honors. They were never Bowl eligible throughout his tenure at Vandy.  That said, he's the only Vandy QB I've seen in drafted as high as #11 overall. 

    In the end, the biggest hurdle Rosen is facing doesn't have anything to do with UCLA's defense. Fair or not, it will be his concussion inventory and in some instances his attitude (which I like by the way).

    @flugel said:

    If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23.

    If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage.

    First, c'mon... you don't have to spend time on the tape looking at a given D to figure out why they give up tons of points, just note the QBs role, if any, in contributing to their poor showing. And that can be noted from the study of the QB. A poor D simply puts added pressure on a QB before he ever steps onto the field. So again I say that once you bring in considerations other than the QB, you cannot ignore the D.

    Agree that bad D can force a QB into hero role... but it also sets him up to be the "goat"... not to be confused with the G.O.A.T.

  • Austin Powers baby. Allen's racist tweets will assure a fractured locker room wherever he ends up. Also Allen hates Lebron while BM loves the cavs now apparently. 

    @bamwa said:

    Austin Powers baby. Allen's racist tweets will assure a fractured locker room wherever he ends up. Also Allen hates Lebron while BM loves the cavs now apparently. 

    Well if that's the main concern of our front office when it comes to selecting a quarterback and potential face of the team for the next 15 years with the number one pick in the draft I'm more worried about our future that I was with any GM in recent history.

    ?

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    WSS

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/3/15517982/mock-draft-nfl-2017-results

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/3/15517982/mock-draft-nfl-2017-results

    That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing. I could easily see a similar situation with the giants this year if they aren't in love with Barkley for someone like the Bills or the Broncos assuming we're going Mayfield.

  • @darren15 said:

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
    More

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

    @the-gipper said:

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

    From Who ? that dumb **MASK** mkc ?

  • I have a question then if we take anyone other than Darnold. Then the Giants likely take him, Jets take a QB and we have a choice to make.

    Why have we lined up Jim Brown to announce our pick starting  @ #33 if we are then taking Barkley @ #4?

    If Barkley is there for us at #4 and Jim Brown walks out.....................................

    @texasag1969 said:

    Why have we lined up Jim Brown to announce our pick starting  @ #33 if we are then taking Barkley @ #4?

    Because the Commish does the 1st Round announcements and Jim Brown can still walk?

    @kvoethe said:

    im no judge of talent... but I know people and this mayfield kid is a headcase no question.

    And this is where I've landed... again...

    After working hard to get comfortable with him over the past few weeks, I watched some of his recent interviews yesterday and was appalled.

    Also got comfortable with Darnold yesterday...

    My timing sucks.

    Rosen or Bust!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Why have we lined up Jim Brown to announce our pick starting  @ #33 if we are then taking Barkley @ #4?

    Because the Commish does the 1st Round announcements and Jim Brown can still walk?

    @kvoethe said:

    im no judge of talent... but I know people and this mayfield kid is a headcase no question.

    And this is where I've landed... again...

    After working hard to get comfortable with him over the past few weeks, I watched some of his recent interviews yesterday and was appalled.

    Also got comfortable with Darnold yesterday...

    My timing sucks.

    Rosen or Bust!

    @tour2ma said:

    After working hard to get comfortable with him over the past few weeks, I watched some of his recent interviews yesterday and was appalled.

    Uh oh, why's that may I ask Tour?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Smokescreen?

    giphy.gif

    Groovy, psychedelic cauliflower!!!!

    @kennel-club said:

    Groovy, psychedelic cauliflower!!!!

    My thought as well...

    @westside-steve said:

    Jeremiah mock draft 4.0: Browns pick Baker Mayfield No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4ex8U

    Shared from my Google feed

    So Mel Kiper and now him. How accurate are these guys been over the years?

    So yesterday Hue saw our Board and today everyone is jumping to Mayfield. Coincidence?

  • @tour2ma said:

    After working hard to get comfortable with him over the past few weeks, I watched some of his recent interviews yesterday and was appalled.

    Uh oh, why's that may I ask Tour?

    @londonbrown said:

    Uh oh, why's that may I ask Tour?

    Absolutely zero humility... absolutely zero genuineness.

    Plenty of "smug"...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Uh oh, why's that may I ask Tour?

    Absolutely zero humility... absolutely zero genuineness.

    Plenty of "smug"...

    @tour2ma said:

    Absolutely zero humility... absolutely zero genuineness.

    Plenty of "smug"...

    Sounds like Tom Brady 😉

  • @londonbrown said:

    Uh oh, why's that may I ask Tour?

    Absolutely zero humility... absolutely zero genuineness.

    Plenty of "smug"...

    @tour2ma said:

    Absolutely zero humility... absolutely zero genuineness.

    Plenty of "smug"...