Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • R ronfu wrote on last edited by

    Sashi wasn’t the biggest idiot after all

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Trash. 

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    The numbers and the metrics say Baker Mayfield was the right pick. What are we basing this off of? He got arrested once? Sam Darnold (Who looked like a total doofus to me, but time will tell) is two inches taller?

    Fu<k it. I'm willing to give it a chance.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

  • All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

    I don't think the coaches would want that.. I'm sure he'll get an ear full on that.. But yeah.. I would love it too...

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

    I don't think the coaches would want that.. I'm sure he'll get an ear full on that.. But yeah.. I would love it too...

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I don't think the coaches would want that.. I'm sure he'll get an ear full on that.. But yeah.. I would love it too...

    Somehow I think Todd Haley, who has a good chance of being head coach by week 8, would go for it.

  • @nickers said:

    I don't think the coaches would want that.. I'm sure he'll get an ear full on that.. But yeah.. I would love it too...

    Somehow I think Todd Haley, who has a good chance of being head coach by week 8, would go for it.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Somehow I think Todd Haley, who has a good chance of being head coach by week 8, would go for it.

    LOL.. Nothing would surprise me...

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

  • By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

    He's probably on the Giants fan board sucking up to them...

  • By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

    He may be shooting up heroinHe may be shooting up heroin

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by

    I'm sure poetic is taking a giant bukkake

  • bamwaB bamwa wrote on last edited by

    Yup. Austin Powers it is. Way above other qb's available say the football people.

  • Trash. 

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Trash. 

    Says the trash can.

  • Earlier ESPN showed a clip of Baker taking a snap under center in a Goal line situation.

    Looked like a dog with a broke hind leg. It was hilarious.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @tour2ma said:

    Earlier ESPN showed a clip of Baker taking a snap under center in a Goal line situation.

    Looked like a dog with a broke hind leg. It was hilarious.

    You don't have sympathy for sick dogs?  

    @tour2ma said:

    Not thrilled, but we shall see...

    Cautiously optimistic Tour. Baker was one of my guys from the get-go. I don't hate the Ward pick. YOU should be very happy on calling it.  🙂  Dorsey obviously decided a healthy Oghbah was good enough on d-line, but getting a shut down corner was a higher priority. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

    LOL, Saquon IS GONE...  Should we start a Go Fund Me page to buy Po a Giants Barkley jersey? 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    First.... lay off Po.... his h=guy went #2

    Second...

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by

    Did someone say Baker Mayfield ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

  • I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

    I want everyone to consider the "personality traits" that Mayfield has exhibited for a moment...

    Then consider what people would be saying about them if someone like Lamar Jackson acted this way. Somehow I doubt that there would be a dismissive "well he's a competitor with a chip on his shoulder" if Jackson had done it. 

    The Browns drafted Tanner Boyle. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

    I want everyone to consider the "personality traits" that Mayfield has exhibited for a moment...

    Then consider what people would be saying about them if someone like Lamar Jackson acted this way. Somehow I doubt that there would be a dismissive "well he's a competitor with a chip on his shoulder" if Jackson had done it. 

    The Browns drafted Tanner Boyle. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns drafted Tanner Boyle. 

    The Bad News Browns

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    well, no Josh Allen, lol. I know Dorsey and co did their homework. My opinion - Dorsey and co would have picked Wentz, flat out.

    But Allen isn't as good as Wentz was (might be a year away?). I think they KNOW Mayfield  is ready to be a pro - and will act like a pro.

       Mayfield has the tenacity, the fire, love for the game, arm, mobility and smarts, accuracy that Allen didn't have, and ball security

    that Darnold didn't have. He's only 6'1"...well, so was Brian Sipe - and sometimes, at certain angles, he kinda looks like Brian Sipe.

    So, there ya go - I hope he doesn't disappoint. I'm good with it.

      (oh, did I mention that Allen was drafted ahead of rosiebum?)😁