Baker Mayfield Thread
-
I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft?
I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft?
Well, Sam Darnold did fumble the first snap from center on Day 1 of rookie camp...then he managed to repeat that first snap fumble again on Day 2.
-
He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st
I'd prefer another J starting month... Like January.
-
Still going to be cold as hell.
I believe the lake temp as of yesterday was 44 degrees (that's 6.6 celsius to the rest of the world).
Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic?
-
Still going to be cold as hell.
I believe the lake temp as of yesterday was 44 degrees (that's 6.6 celsius to the rest of the world).
Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic?
Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic?
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
-
Still going to be cold as hell.
I believe the lake temp as of yesterday was 44 degrees (that's 6.6 celsius to the rest of the world).
Let him freeze his tits off.
-
Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic?
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for those who are fans of the metric system. Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100. Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third of it: like 20 Below zero to about 37 above. We live more on a 0-100 F scale.
-
Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic?
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold.
So I guess people ice skate on the lake?
-
He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st
I'd prefer another J starting month... Like January.
-
Setting up QB battles: Who's leading, where rookies stand
https://search.app.goo.gl/7L8iX
Shared from my Google feed
-
Setting up QB battles: Who's leading, where rookies stand
https://search.app.goo.gl/7L8iX
Shared from my Google feed
Setting up QB battles: Who's leading, where rookies stand
https://search.app.goo.gl/7L8iX
Shared from my Google feed
I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season.
Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield with a staggering 43 college starts?
-
Setting up QB battles: Who's leading, where rookies stand
https://search.app.goo.gl/7L8iX
Shared from my Google feed
I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season.
Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield with a staggering 43 college starts?
I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season.
Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield?
Of course not. But how bad would that suck? I mean if problem was quarterback.
WSS
-
I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season.
Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield?
Of course not. But how bad would that suck? I mean if problem was quarterback.
WSS
Of course not. But how bad would that suck? I mean if problem was quarterback.
WSS
It's a rough schedule, for sure.
-
That would be awfully close to suicide.
..... I think that's why Nero said it!
-
Hue Jackson should keep his promise and jump in the f u c k i n g Lake.
He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st
He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st
... jumping in the lake JUNE 1st... wtf Hue? I smell pussy.
-
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for those who are fans of the metric system. Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100. Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third of it: like 20 Below zero to about 37 above. We live more on a 0-100 F scale.
This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for those who are fans of the metric system. Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100. Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third of it: like 20 Below zero to about 37 above. We live more on a 0-100 F scale.
MABS. America's always been stupid. (when it comes to metric) Gipper, just give it up- American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric. I have to have metric tools to work on my bike. And if you forgot- the mile race isn't even a recognized distance in the Olympics anymore- it's the 1500. Which, using a handy dandy calculator is 93% of a mile.
So here's your primer. 32F = 0C, 68F= 20C, 212F= 100C. LOL, us medical people know damn well 98.6F= 37C. 1 liter is a tad over 1 Us quart. kilogram = 2.2 pounds. kilometer= .62 miles, ergo 100 kilometers per hour = 62 mph.
Only in the USA with foot dragging. If your doing work on damn near any car of late, and you don't have metric tools, you're SOL pal.
Sh!t, 1\2 the kids working in stores are damn near on the moron level when it comes to decimal equivalents- go ask for 1\3 of a pound of ham at the meat counter, at watch the blank stares. Tooooo tough for Americans to realize 500 grams of ham are 1.1 pounds. 4 liters of gas are about a gallon, 150kph will get you a speeding ticket about anywhere.
But don't worry Gip, when the US finally goes metric, you'll probably be dead.
-
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold.
So I guess people ice skate on the lake?
I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold.
So I guess people ice skate on the lake?
Ice fish, yes, ice skate, no. LOL, safety issues, and you get snow on top of the ice. Doesn't freeze all nice and smooth like a skating rink. Though, at times the ice is plenty thick enough you can drive a car or an ATV out on to it. Just DON'T break through. You do, 15 minutes or less to get out, or you're going to die. LOL, it's why us guys wanted Hue to jump in right before it froze over- you deserved a life changing experience for that 0-16. Me and Tex Ag have had adventures out in the Rockies with glacial runoff that was damn near freezing- and your body about instantly goes numb when water is that cold.
-
He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.
I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold.
So I guess people ice skate on the lake?
I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold.
So I guess people ice skate on the lake?
21 C is like 70 degrees in real temperature. So, while that would be a bit chilly to jump in.....Lake Erie can get down to just above freezing yet not freeze. Say 35 degrees. That is what it should have been when Hue jumped in...the gutless wonder.
-
That would be awfully close to suicide.
Polar Bear clubs jump in Lake Erie all the time in January and survive. The point is to jump in and get out....not to linger so as to get hypothermia.
-
This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for those who are fans of the metric system. Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100. Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third of it: like 20 Below zero to about 37 above. We live more on a 0-100 F scale.
MABS. America's always been stupid. (when it comes to metric) Gipper, just give it up- American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric. I have to have metric tools to work on my bike. And if you forgot- the mile race isn't even a recognized distance in the Olympics anymore- it's the 1500. Which, using a handy dandy calculator is 93% of a mile.
So here's your primer. 32F = 0C, 68F= 20C, 212F= 100C. LOL, us medical people know damn well 98.6F= 37C. 1 liter is a tad over 1 Us quart. kilogram = 2.2 pounds. kilometer= .62 miles, ergo 100 kilometers per hour = 62 mph.
Only in the USA with foot dragging. If your doing work on damn near any car of late, and you don't have metric tools, you're SOL pal.
Sh!t, 1\2 the kids working in stores are damn near on the moron level when it comes to decimal equivalents- go ask for 1\3 of a pound of ham at the meat counter, at watch the blank stares. Tooooo tough for Americans to realize 500 grams of ham are 1.1 pounds. 4 liters of gas are about a gallon, 150kph will get you a speeding ticket about anywhere.
But don't worry Gip, when the US finally goes metric, you'll probably be dead.
MABS. America's always been stupid. (when it comes to metric) Gipper, just give it up- American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric. I have to have metric tools to work on my bike. And if you forgot- the mile race isn't even a recognized distance in the Olympics anymore- it's the 1500. Which, using a handy dandy calculator is 93% of a mile.
So here's your primer. 32F = 0C, 68F= 20C, 212F= 100C. LOL, us medical people know damn well 98.6F= 37C. 1 liter is a tad over 1 Us quart. kilogram = 2.2 pounds. kilometer= .62 miles, ergo 100 kilometers per hour = 62 mph.
Only in the USA with foot dragging. If your doing work on damn near any car of late, and you don't have metric tools, you're SOL pal.
Sh!t, 1\2 the kids working in stores are damn near on the moron level when it comes to decimal equivalents- go ask for 1\3 of a pound of ham at the meat counter, at watch the blank stares. Tooooo tough for Americans to realize 500 grams of ham are 1.1 pounds. 4 liters of gas are about a gallon, 150kph will get you a speeding ticket about anywhere.
But don't worry Gip, when the US finally goes metric, you'll probably be dead.
All you have done is to convince me that I am right. As far as a system of weather temperature, Fahrenheit is better. It uses pretty much a full zero to 100 scale. It is not truncated like Celsius (and beyond that...Fahrenheit isn't schizo....C....does not know if it is supposed to be known as Celsius or Centigrade). Fahrenheit also uses more increments of temperature. I mean, I can tell you right now that there is a difference when I set my thermostat at 68 versus if I set it at 72. With C...there is hardly a difference....but there damned well is a difference.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login