Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • Just don't play ... Sandbox gets lonely by yourself

  • I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

  • I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    @nero said:

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

  • @nero said:

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

    @mark-o said:

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

    And there's a reason why I don't bring up what I think about Mayfield. I've enjoyed watching him, enjoyed watching the Browns this season, and frankly enjoyed seeing other Browns fans having fun being Browns fans again.  

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

    You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

    @mark-o said:

    You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

    In regard to Baking up Turnovers, Mayfield had a pretty good td\int ratio, especially for a rookie. Yo, CleveFan he's on my radar, 90% of Baking is 1\2 baked, and it's already been shot down. Isn't getting the message apparently. 

    @mark-o said:

    I don't have the power to do that or I would. 

    I do Mark, and if he keeps it up, he's going to get kicked off for a week...  You just don't come barging in here spewing crap about a guy who's up for Rookie of the Year, just because you don't like his past or attitude. Make that moxie. Only reason I didn't delete the original thread out of hand is because, well- everyone is entitled to an opinion- regardless of how far fetched.  Yo Baking- you want to rag? Pick an easier target like Jamie Collins. 

    Remember Ghoolie's flamebaiting "Art Modell is a great man"? I don't have a big enough handle on this guy yet to banish him as a troll.  If he turns out to be a one trick pony, it will come to pass- trust me.   

  • I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉

  • Do ya choose a username as such with designs other than trolling?

    ?

    ETA: Dutch got me

  • I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉

    @dutch-oven said:

    I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉

    Like I posted- if that's all he's got- h'es going to be gone in a hurry.  

  • Are you saying Baker is good?  Must of missed that as I was so focused on the defense.  ?

  • I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉

    @dutch-oven said:

    I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉

    Maybe he just fucked up and thought this was the barbershop page where they swap recipes.

    WSS

  • lol... this is hilarious...

    Meanwhile...

    Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-named-pffs-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

    Quarterback

    Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns

    Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.

    MAYFIELD-1024x576.png

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

     Tell you what, of Baker closes up the turnover bakery and plays better football next season, I will request the admins change it to something more accurate. 

    You must have hated that Peyton Manning rookie season with 28 or whatever interceptions.   

    You're clearly just a troll since you continue to ignore the fact that he's one of only two QB's to throw for over 300 yards against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.   How does that fit your claim that he plays lousy against good defenses?   Last chance before you end up in the ignore bin till Larry boots your sorry ass for being lame.

  • that should end the trolling.

    maybe.

    Video for joe thomas on baker mayfield▶
    4 days ago
    Would Joe Thomas like to play for the Browns now that Baker Mayfield is under center? Thomas weighs in ...
    Nov 13, 2018 - Baker Mayfield is coming off of his most impressive victory as an NFL quarterback, and Cleveland Browns great Joe Thomas believes it's a sign ...
    Nov 14, 2018 - Cleveland Browns legend Joe Thomas said it's clear the franchise made the right decision to select Baker Mayfield over fellow quarterback ...
  • lol... this is hilarious...

    Meanwhile...

    Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-named-pffs-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

    Quarterback

    Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns

    Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.

    MAYFIELD-1024x576.png

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... this is hilarious...

    Meanwhile...

    Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-named-pffs-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

    Quarterback

    Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns

    Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.

    MAYFIELD-1024x576.png

    But but but but but....colin cowhead doesn't like him or his personality so he must suck right?   Skip Blowme has been saying for years that Lebron is over rated and he's on tv so it must be true right??? 

    Finally have a QB who wins games and this is how the offseason starts?  

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    You're putting too much stock into yards. Passer rating and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators of how a QB is really playing. In 2 games he had 4 touchdowns 4 picks and an 80.4 rating. Not very good in today's game where all the rules favor the offense. 

    And yet only one other QB did it all season so I guess all the QB's  that the Ravens faced suck right?  

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Wow finally someone who gets it. Baker has duped most everyone in The Land and the country. Good thing there's a few folks like you, me and Colin Cowherd who still see things the way they truly are. 

    Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.

    The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    The first Ravens game went for 5 quarters so that inflated his stats. He baked up one pick and had only 1 touchdown and put up only 12 points in 5 quarters. 79.1 rating. Not really impressive. 

    Last game he baked up 3 more picks and lost. 81.7 rating. 

    You're putting too much stock into yards. Passer rating and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators of how a QB is really playing. In 2 games he had 4 touchdowns 4 picks and an 80.4 rating. Not very good in today's game where all the rules favor the offense. 

    I suppose you loved Deshone Kizer. Choir boy. Could not play 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Wow finally someone who gets it. Baker has duped most everyone in The Land and the country. Good thing there's a few folks like you, me and Colin Cowherd who still see things the way they truly are. 

    Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.

    The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.

    @hoorta said:

    Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.

    The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.

    Baker set a league record for touchdown passes by a rookie, and he did it 14.5 games. The previous record holders played 15 and 16 I believe. Additionally, he was only sacked 5 times in his last 7 or 8 games. Obviously some of that is a testament to his offensive line, but it's also an indication of knowing his offense, progressing through reads, and getting the ball out quickly. Furthermore, Baker Mayfield threw 20 touchdown passes in the red zone and had ZERO interceptions. Think about THAT for a moment. And he was either ranked 1 or 2 in red zone efficiency in the LEAGUE, so if a person wants to speak negatively about Baker Mayfield, that's fine, but they're just going to look foolish. 

    Screenshot_20190104-134543_Twitter.jpg