Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    @bjh2130 said:

    I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    I wanted to add that I do think that Baker's trash talking or yelling is and more of a fun way that rallies your teammates whereas Rivers seems to be more in a whiny way that could wear on your teammates

  • I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    @bjh2130 said:

    Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership

    Phillip is a one of a kind QB. When he gets hot, he is among the best ever with deadeye like accuracy. 

    Baker reminds me of Russell Wilson(not tall,quick feet, good footwork, great arm) .. Brees even said before the Browns Saints game that Mayfield is more gifted with a bigger arm then he has. 

    And yes?, Baker doesn’t seem like the guy who yells at teammates..

  • I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    @bjh2130 said:

    I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    I'm surprised this many of my fellow Browns fans 

     It's not even a clever lie, which is the worst part.

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Playing fortnight isn't a big deal. Getting arrested and grabbing stuff on the sidelines and taunting coaches is. Grow up. 

     Grow up and get over it 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Playing fortnight isn't a big deal. Getting arrested and grabbing stuff on the sidelines and taunting coaches is. Grow up. 

    Nah, get over it

  • Get off my thread...  Ya Bag of Dicks

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Playing fortnight isn't a big deal. Getting arrested and grabbing stuff on the sidelines and taunting coaches is. Grow up. 

    Just admit it, you’re a closet Stooler fan.

  • Zero doubt in my mind he or she is a Steelers fan. 

    Baker has got them running scared 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

    I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    No you’re the one that has to fucking grow up and get over it. I imagine you were one fucking piece of shit when you were that age so are you expecting no want to get over the things that you probably did then. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

    Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

    Because Rivers is a religious sort of guy, just doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Tebow and Warner. I could pull up some of Phil's comments from those sort of Forums, but I won't.  

    Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. I can assure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    Just get over it, as others have already said. Football isn't the Holy Roller League. If every player was miked up and uncensored on every play, I'd damn bet you 70% of the trash talking is profanity. You want your quarterback to be a saint, or win football games? 

    Mayfield thinks Hue Jackson is a shitty coach. I think Hue Jackson was a shitty coach for the Browns. A lot of fans wouldn't only have stared down Hue if given the chance, they would have flipped him off & mooned him on top of it. Baker showed remarkable restraint.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

    Because Rivers is a religious sort of guy, just doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Tebow and Warner. I could pull up some of Phil's comments from those sort of Forums, but I won't.  

    Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. I can assure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    Just get over it, as others have already said. Football isn't the Holy Roller League. If every player was miked up and uncensored on every play, I'd damn bet you 70% of the trash talking is profanity. You want your quarterback to be a saint, or win football games? 

    Mayfield thinks Hue Jackson is a shitty coach. I think Hue Jackson was a shitty coach for the Browns. A lot of fans wouldn't only have stared down Hue if given the chance, they would have flipped him off & mooned him on top of it. Baker showed remarkable restraint.  

    @hoorta said:

    Mayfield thinks Hue Jackson is a shitty coach. I think Hue Jackson was a shitty coach for the Browns. A lot of fans wouldn't only have stared down Hue if given the chance, they would have flipped him off & mooned him on top of it. Baker showed remarkable restraint.  

    In fact I'm thinking of starting a gofundme for a truckload of Moonpies for Huey.??

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

    I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    Ok, then just an asshole..

  • I have no doubt you're a Ratbirds fan. You included Lamar Jackson in the group of quarterbacks that will be better than Mayfield. How is that looking?

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

    I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

    You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Huh?

    Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

    I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

    To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

    You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

    You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

    I'm assuming he's just your average cork soaker.

    WSS

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Nope. I've never been arrested or got into trouble. 

    Maybe. 

    You can makeup whatever false accusations you want about my fandom. I know the truth and God knows the truth and that's all that really matters. 

    Cool but God hasn't told me directly.   If you show up to the muni next year and say hi along with 3 forms of ID...  You might be ok.  

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Nope. I've never been arrested or got into trouble. 

    That does not make you less of an asshat.

    Maybe. 

    You can makeup whatever false accusations you want about my fandom. I know the truth and God knows the truth and that's all that really matters. 

    Being a Browns fans has not helped be any less of a turd gobbler.

  • He certainly has a lot of attention, which is troll food.

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    The very thought! 

    A Brit???