Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    CONGRATS BAKER ....Professional Writers Of America

    Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and football

  • @the-gipper said:

    So...when John Dorsey called  Baker  "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?

    Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid. 🙂 As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.

    I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid. 🙂 As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.

    I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.

    Mexican word of the day:  chicken finger

    My girlfriend say she no longer need me chicken finger herself.

  • Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @canton-dawg said:

    Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .

    Per who you believe 😉..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still 2Vz.gif "winning"!!   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/     

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Watching some of his early pre-season stuff and finally some of the tape from the last couple games of the regular season - one of the things I drilled home was Baker's need to improve his ball fake.    Not only from the extension itself but the footwork coupled with it.      

    Week 1 out the gate, from his first play.  The two handed grasp, the questionable footwork coming from under center, the poor extension...    the attention to detail is what makes good become great.    In this clip, Baker was nothing near great in that regard.

    Last home game.     

    Go to 1:31 for me and freeze it.    The footwork from his initial step has shortened, it's tighter, good plant and a quick, deliberate turn...  notice the one arm and full extension?  THAT is development right there.  THAT is how you sell a ball fake. The devil is in the details, my friends.  Baker can still change some things from his initial step, speed and shoulder drop.  But from pre-season to the final home game, you see improvement with the little things that help you become a better QB.  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .

    Per who you believe 😉..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still 2Vz.gif "winning"!!   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/     

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Per who you believe 😉..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still 2Vz.gif "winning"!!   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/     

    According to ESPN he appealed his fine to the NFL, and it was reduced to $1700. (which is still too much)

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25803019/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-fine-gesture-significantly-reduced

  • @tour2ma said:

    Bullshit, h...

    He can still run down the field, jumping and yelling and clapping, in celebration of a TD pass...

    He can still "jaw" with defenders in the moment after a big hit or nearly missed one...

    That's the good stuff. That's how he channels 95+% of his emotion as it is.

    Just can the brat-shit. That last couple percent will never be missed.

    LOL, are you sure you're not related to Colin Cowherd somehow? I'm positive if you took a poll of Browns fans, that opinion would be way in the minority.  We just have a different opinion of what's acceptable on field behavior Tour. Bratty? Well, he's our brat. When he starts kicking guys like Suh did, you've got something to complain about.  🙂

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I'm positive if you took a poll of Browns fans, that opinion would be way in the minority. 

    Not the first time... and won't be the last...

    Doesn't make me wrong.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    By going to Taco Bell...I learned what “No más” means.

    Taco, enchillada, you're learning.  Este burrito es muy caliente.  "this burrito is very hot."  

    Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class.  LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.  Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.  😁   Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....   

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    @hoorta said:

    Taco, enchillada, you're learning.  Este burrito es muy caliente.  "this burrito is very hot."  

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    just on fox pre game they had a segment with cooper manning of course in a kitchen so cooper ask's baker if he likes kitchens and he replied I love kitchens and then something about jackson and baker replied anything is better than hue I mean you so cooper ask's baker to grab those nut's and baker replied that the nfl doesn't like that

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    That was funny.  He is doing allot of shows.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
  • @hoorta said:

    Taco, enchillada, you're learning.  Este burrito es muy caliente.  "this burrito is very hot."  

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @nero said:

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    My way of learning the difference was whether something is temporary or permanent. Su cuca esta' muy caliente.- does not mean this a permanent stay for her.???

    I realize that cuca may be just a Venezuelan term.?

  • @nero said:

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    My way of learning the difference was whether something is temporary or permanent. Su cuca esta' muy caliente.- does not mean this a permanent stay for her.???

    I realize that cuca may be just a Venezuelan term.?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    My way of learning the difference was whether something is temporary or permanent. Su cuca esta' muy caliente.- does not mean this a permanent stay for her.???

    I realize that cuca may be just a Venezuelan term.?

    It is, though I understood it. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

  • Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    I can speak Basque. Weird enough for you?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    I can speak Basque. Weird enough for you?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I can speak Basque. Weird enough for you?

    No Thai Sanskrit

  • @hoorta said:

    Taco, enchillada, you're learning.  Este burrito es muy caliente.  "this burrito is very hot."  

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    LOL, I forgot that little distinction, been a long time since I actually had to use my Spanish.....  

    Sort of like Alaskan Eskimos have 20 different words for "snow".   

  • Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    No, but you can tag- along in our Spanish conversations.  Kimosabe...  

  • Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    No but I use to know a little Pinay...

  • @nero said:

    I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

    English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

    If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

    The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

    If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

    LOL, I forgot that little distinction, been a long time since I actually had to use my Spanish.....  

    Sort of like Alaskan Eskimos have 20 different words for "snow".   

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, I forgot that little distinction, been a long time since I actually had to use my Spanish.....  

    Sort of like Alaskan Eskimos have 20 different words for "snow".   

    I thought they had for "white" and not "snow".

  • @the-gipper said:

    Now can anyone speak Tagalog

    No, but you can tag- along in our Spanish conversations.  Kimosabe...  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    No, but you can tag- along in our Spanish conversations.  Kimosabe...  

    Now you want to talk Navajo