Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    And it was long overdue....   

    Yup, Kathy's in charge now, and paying the bills...   One too many Black Tarkenton rags...  His MO has never changed, nice for a couple weeks, and then out of control.   Best that he's gone...  

    i never had a problem with the ghoul I could all ways see a rant coming and would just scroll through it and move on to the next topic that said for what ever reason I would not be surprised if he asked Kathy to be jettisoned 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @atom said:

    i never had a problem with the ghoul I could all ways see a rant coming and would just scroll through it and move on to the next topic that said for what ever reason I would not be surprised if he asked Kathy to be jettisoned 

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

  • @atom said:

    i never had a problem with the ghoul I could all ways see a rant coming and would just scroll through it and move on to the next topic that said for what ever reason I would not be surprised if he asked Kathy to be jettisoned 

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    I remember Z's banning of ghoul and the shock and horror of some here when he was allowed back(sorry,but it made me laugh)as for other boards dawg talkers is the worst(been banned there myself) so i am sure if not all ready it would not take long to get banned by them as far as the political board I don't use it but it doe's get really old when it pours over into the others,there is one main culprit to be remained nameless that rank's at the top of that

    anyway thanks for the heads up appreciate it

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I can only imagine what a complete wasteland the political forum is on here. 

    You couldn't pay me to go on that. 

  • @atom said:

    i never had a problem with the ghoul I could all ways see a rant coming and would just scroll through it and move on to the next topic that said for what ever reason I would not be surprised if he asked Kathy to be jettisoned 

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

    He was the human version of herpes.

    Even when a person who has herpes isn't experiencing a flare-up, they still have herpes.

    That is a perfect analogy for Ghoolie and this board. 

  • I can only imagine what a complete wasteland the political forum is on here. 

    You couldn't pay me to go on that. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can only imagine what a complete wasteland the political forum is on here. 

    You couldn't pay me to go on that. 

    How many posters opinions on the football side do you actually find knowledgeable,  valuable and worth the read?  Cut that number by about 90% in the poli board.    It's a barren,  light less place where even the mods troll. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I can only imagine what a complete wasteland the political forum is on here. 

    You couldn't pay me to go on that. 

    How many posters opinions on the football side do you actually find knowledgeable,  valuable and worth the read?  Cut that number by about 90% in the poli board.    It's a barren,  light less place where even the mods troll. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    How many posters opinions on the football side do you actually find knowledgeable,  valuable and worth the read?  Cut that number by about 90% in the poli board.    It's a barren,  light less place where even the mods troll. 

    I've never read it...posted there and have only been on it when I clicked on it by accident.   Sounds like a total lifesuck...

  • @hoorta said:

    Nope, Ghoul got reported, and Kathy sees all the complaints now... It wouldn't shock me if he sees her in Vegas, he'll beg to be let back on again.  Me and Kathy had to intervene on the Political Board a few weeks ago, because the mudslinging and personal attacks were getting out of hand. 

    Here's the real story, and not some Ghoolie fabrication...  If you don't know the history, Z permanently banned him (twice). First time Z relented and let him back on- with restrictions that he couldn't follow.  So after a couple months, Z kicked him off for good a second time.  Then Ghoul met up with his drinking & gambling buddy Stan in Las Vegas, and begged to be let back on. Z got overruled. FWIW, I took Stan to a game with me a couple months before he died, and we had a long talk about Tom. Stan was well aware Ghoolie was being an asshole here, but he let it persist. I suppose we'll never know exactly why.  Before the final exit, us Mods did get the green light to delete any of his BS if we though it was over the top. When Stan passed, it shook Tom up pretty bad- and he behaved- for a month, maybe two. But then it was right back to the same old, same old. Enough already... 

    BTW, you may not have had a problem with him, but according to that poll that was posted, 90% of the folks here wanted him gone...  80%+ of the stuff he posted was pure flamebait to draw attention to himself.  And as the official Ghoolie Tracker, dating back to 1995, I'm pretty confident this was the last football Board he was allowed to post on. Permanently banned on at least two others, and if he tries any of the others I know are out there, he won't last a week on them, if he pulls the same crap. 

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

    I would agree with that. I always appreciate the board villains and the role they play. They spark interest and activity. I’m sure those that track numbers here see an upspike when they post. Sometimes it’s therapeutic to have a sparring partner to let off some steam, and they willingly lend themselves to that end. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta to do it.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

  • I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

    I didn't see any racism in his posts...ever. Then, again....I'm not analyzing every word to see if I can find a shred of possibility that it could be race related.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

    I didn't see any racism in his posts...ever. Then, again....I'm not analyzing every word to see if I can find a shred of possibility that it could be race related.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    I didn't see any racism in his posts...ever. Then, again....I'm not analyzing every word to see if I can find a shred of possibility that it could be race related.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifocals

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    Black tarkenton? ?

  • @lodilobo said:

    I didn't see any racism in his posts...ever. Then, again....I'm not analyzing every word to see if I can find a shred of possibility that it could be race related.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifocals

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
  • Black tarkenton? ?

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Black tarkenton? ?

    Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

  • @lodilobo said:

    Well....that sucks. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely added some spice to this board. I didn't see the poll, but I would have voted he stay. I've been here since '95...off and on, and that 90% was most likely the newer posters here. Yeah....he may not have been politically correct all the time, but even when I argued with him I laughed my ass off. 

    I would agree with that. I always appreciate the board villains and the role they play. They spark interest and activity. I’m sure those that track numbers here see an upspike when they post. Sometimes it’s therapeutic to have a sparring partner to let off some steam, and they willingly lend themselves to that end. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta to do it.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I would agree with that. I always appreciate the board villains and the role they play. They spark interest and activity. I’m sure those that track numbers here see an upspike when they post. Sometimes it’s therapeutic to have a sparring partner to let off some steam, and they willingly lend themselves to that end. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta to do it.

    That was Ghoolie's rationale for being an asshole- that he "livened things up around here". When in reality all he was doing was being a flamebaiting jerk drawing attention to himself.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

    Yeah, Joe Thomas sucks. And other BS like Hue was never gonna get fired because he was the right color...   I pointed out his "see I'm always right with my predictions everything about the Browns sucks."  Because we were so bad for so long it was about as difficult as predicting water runs downhill....  

    @lodilobo said:

    Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

    See above regarding Hue...  Our Head Honcho, along with many others took his continual "Black Tarkenton" comments as sort of racist- and it was the straw that finally broke the camel's back and got him sent packing.  Never mentioned a White Tarkenton. Oh, I'm still friends with him on Facebook, and if you ever take a look at his page,  all I'll say is- form your own opinion about the guy who was hiding behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.....  

  • @choco said:

    Black tarkenton? ?

    Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

    do i really need to explain this?

  • @lodilobo said:

    Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

    do i really need to explain this?

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    do i really need to explain this?

    You don't have to explain a thing to me....I've already determined where you're coming from.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Baking up Turnovers said:

    Good call getting rid of that troll. 

     Be careful what you ask for you might get it. 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Good call getting rid of that troll. 

     Be careful what you ask for you might get it. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Baking up Turnovers said:

    Good call getting rid of that troll. 

    Better look in a mirror guy... Those that espouse contrary opinions without backing them up get shown the door around here...  

    @the-gipper said:

     Be careful what you ask for you might get it. 

    Sure enough Gipper.  

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    is baking up turnovers ghoolie?