Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nothing is more baffling to me (besides the Josh Allen love) than Baker Mayfield fans downgrading Rosen because of his "attitude". 😆

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    @mld-woody said:

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    If you say so?

    Basically, you are a Ford Escort owner making fun of a Chevy Cavalier owner with this argument. 😆

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I have legitimate concerns we're going to draft Allen. While I'm obviously not a pro scout, I feel like I've been right way more than wrong when diagnosing qb's. For instance, I hated every single QB we've drafted. No matter how many times I tried to convince myself otherwise. And what do you know? They all sucked. When watching Allen, my "he's going to be a colossal bust" alarm goes off. 

    The other 3, Baker, Rosen, Darnold, could make me happy after draft day. Baker is still the choice for me, and his firey attitude and precision accuracy make me believe he's got the goods. Baker is fast enough to run read-option, strong enough to throw everything, and has the moxie to elevate us from the toilet bowl. 

    If it wasn't for 3 facts I would draft Rosen in a  heartbeat.

    1. 2 concussions in HS

    2. 2 concussions in college

    3. Father is a doctor and you can bet Josh will give up football in a NY minute if his father advises him to do so once he's made a few  $Mil. That might be only a season if we take him first overall.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If it wasn't for 3 facts I would draft Rosen in a  heartbeat.

    1. 2 concussions in HS

    2. 2 concussions in college

    3. Father is a doctor and you can bet Josh will give up football in a NY minute if his father advises him to do so once he's made a few  $Mil. That might be only a season if we take him first overall.

    I've said exactly what you've said for a while. You don't mess with your freaking brain. He's not in a situation where he's trying to financially support 4 generations of poverty like so many other players. I'd definitely take him if not for concussion history, and it doesn't help that he doesn't have the wheels to avoid pressure. 

  • Rosen looks like an a ss.

    I bet he wears a scarf. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nothing is more baffling to me (besides the Josh Allen love) than Baker Mayfield fans downgrading Rosen because of his "attitude". 😆

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    @mld-woody said:

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    I think I agree with this really, well, as much as I can without knowing either of them

  • I think Mayfield is my second favorite QB prospect now.

    I went into the offseason .1 Rosen 2. Darnold 3. Mayfield. 4. Allen/Rudolf 

    I came out of the offseason 1. Darnold. 2, Mayfield, 3, Rosen. 4. Allen 5. Rudolf

    That's all just off of "talk" and pedestrian research ... When games were actually being played I had a different mindset ... Interesting what all this draft chatter does ...

    By the way, I think Mayfield passed Rosen (In my head) based on how I hear other people who know them, evaluated them, got close to them ... describe their personalities. I can see Mayfield covered in mud screaming at his receivers directing his team down the field for a late November divisional win. I can see Rosen kinda indifferent to Cleveland, not always playing hurt, leaving when the first contract is done ... Tell me I'm wrong Tour, I wanna like this guy because he sure throws a pretty pass.

    Zombo

  • Rumor has it, he is in the mix for #1 now. 

    This draft is going to be awesome. Dorsey has absolutely everyone guessing!!

  • If Sashi was still GM the pick at 4 would be Chubb ...... supposed to of been Bradley but the mix up meant we got Nick ....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Fair point.  I guess it boils down to drive and as highlighted, Aaron Rodgers is pretty well off yet hasn't thrown in the towel. 

    If the neurologist gives the OK though, it's going to be a bitter pill for me to swallow should we take any other QB. 

    I'll let Tour expound on where he saw that info, but supposedly the Browns Medical Staff red flagged Rosen on those concussions and injuries...  

    @hoorta said:

    I'll let Tour expound on where he saw that info, but supposedly the Browns Medical Staff red flagged Rosen on those concussions and injuries...  

    That was the guy who knew a guy who posts over at Football's Future. And it was just for concussions.

    BTW in a poll that "the guy" put together for our first two picks, he's the only one to cast a vote for the combo of Mayfield/Ward...

    @hoorta said:

    Was that a vote Tour? I'm not on Twitter, and it's sort of hard to follow...   BTW according to Nathan (besides what Hue already said)   That being said NO ONE knows anything except Dorsey. He is in complete command of situation and all info, which is great.

    Not a vote... just Zegura handicapping the race to be Browns QB.

    @mld-woody said:

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    You've made less ignorant posts.

  • I think Mayfield is my second favorite QB prospect now.

    I went into the offseason .1 Rosen 2. Darnold 3. Mayfield. 4. Allen/Rudolf 

    I came out of the offseason 1. Darnold. 2, Mayfield, 3, Rosen. 4. Allen 5. Rudolf

    That's all just off of "talk" and pedestrian research ... When games were actually being played I had a different mindset ... Interesting what all this draft chatter does ...

    By the way, I think Mayfield passed Rosen (In my head) based on how I hear other people who know them, evaluated them, got close to them ... describe their personalities. I can see Mayfield covered in mud screaming at his receivers directing his team down the field for a late November divisional win. I can see Rosen kinda indifferent to Cleveland, not always playing hurt, leaving when the first contract is done ... Tell me I'm wrong Tour, I wanna like this guy because he sure throws a pretty pass.

    Zombo

    I love the compassion on display here as represented by a greater comfort level with poor kids playing their way to CTE.

    Zombo said:

    I can see Rosen kinda indifferent to Cleveland, not always playing hurt, leaving when the first contract is done ... Tell me I'm wrong Tour, I wanna like this guy because he sure throws a pretty pass.

    Disagree on one fine point, Z... I've no doubt Rosen would play thru hurt.

    Also no doubt he'd play muddy...

    As for a one and done contract? I don't see it unless a legitimate medical concern developed. I think the kid loves the game.

    Those that think because he doesn't need money and has a Neuro-Daddy he'll cut and run, need to ask themselves why he doesn't (or his Dad doesn't make him) quit now?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nothing is more baffling to me (besides the Josh Allen love) than Baker Mayfield fans downgrading Rosen because of his "attitude". 😆

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    @mld-woody said:

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    download.jpeg

  • It's just like the QB in Draft Day

  • I have a feeling that Mayfield is the pick at 1 ...... I can feel the force

  • I have a feeling that Mayfield is the pick at 1 ...... I can feel the force

    @darren15 said:

    I have a feeling that Mayfield is the pick at 1 ...... I can feel the force

    Listening to Eisen\ Rapoport today, there is some buzz it could be Baker at #1. Dorsey isn't telling anyone yet, though with the all day conference yesterday, I'd bet the decision has been made. 🙂 

  • @darren15 said:

    I have a feeling that Mayfield is the pick at 1 ...... I can feel the force

    Listening to Eisen\ Rapoport today, there is some buzz it could be Baker at #1. Dorsey isn't telling anyone yet, though with the all day conference yesterday, I'd bet the decision has been made. 🙂 

    @hoorta said:

    Listening to Eisen\ Rapoport today, there is some buzz it could be Baker at #1. Dorsey isn't telling anyone yet, though with the all day conference yesterday, I'd bet the decision has been made. 🙂 

  • I’m down with Baker.

    Pat-a-ball, pat-a-ball Baker man

    Torch a DB as fast as you can

    Hand it, sling it, for a TD

    Bring home a win for Cleveland and me

  • @hoorta said:

    I'll let Tour expound on where he saw that info, but supposedly the Browns Medical Staff red flagged Rosen on those concussions and injuries...  

    That was the guy who knew a guy who posts over at Football's Future. And it was just for concussions.

    BTW in a poll that "the guy" put together for our first two picks, he's the only one to cast a vote for the combo of Mayfield/Ward...

    @hoorta said:

    Was that a vote Tour? I'm not on Twitter, and it's sort of hard to follow...   BTW according to Nathan (besides what Hue already said)   That being said NO ONE knows anything except Dorsey. He is in complete command of situation and all info, which is great.

    Not a vote... just Zegura handicapping the race to be Browns QB.

    @mld-woody said:

    Baker is the type of prick you want on your team. Rosen is the type of prick you don't want to play with

    You've made less ignorant posts.

    @tour2ma said:

    BTW in a poll that "the guy" put together for our first two picks, he's the only one to cast a vote for the combo of Mayfield/Ward...

    I can live with that.. speaking of polls, here's the national poll Eisen put out today on Twitter- who should the Browns take at #1?  Means to me 44% of NFL fans are doofuses. 🙂 

    Darnold 35%

    Barkley 21%

    Allen 17%

    Rosen 11%

    Mayfield 9%

    Chubb 6% 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Go suck on some weed fag.

    what you queer for me ? 

  • sydS syd

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Go suck on some weed fag.

    what you queer for me ? 

    @syd said:

    what you queer for me ? 

    Don't drop the soap in front of him, fo sho. 

  • jesus says - Jesus say You guys are both homos

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    jesus says - Jesus say You guys are both homos

    But you are the guy that tries so, so hard to make people think you are such a bad butt. Almost like you are overcompensating to cover up something...

    I mean, a real bad butt wouldn't have to run to a message board moderator because he got his butt handed to him and he got his snowflake feelings hurt so, so bad, but you keep doing you, Sparky.