A Prudent Solution
-
Hey, remember that time 5 months ago where Gipper saw an article stating that Rudolph was the top QB, and welded his opinion to it without any independent research?
That article is the CBS Prospect report......which by the way STILL has him listed.....as of about an hour ago....as the #1 QB prospect out there.
Besides, I did do "independent research".....which...you apparently missed....or ignored....or were so stupefied by that it went over your head.
I.e. I did as much "research" as any of us can do: watched game film, read reports, researched his stats.
What else did you want me to do.....as a mere Joe Schmo fan?
That article is the CBS Prospect report......which by the way STILL has him listed.....as of about an hour ago....as the #1 QB prospect out there.
Besides, I did do "independent research".....which...you apparently missed....or ignored....or were so stupefied by that it went over your head.
I.e. I did as much "research" as any of us can do: watched game film, read reports, researched his stats.
What else did you want me to do.....as a mere Joe Schmo fan?
Does that mean we have a bet then? The bet would be just that Rudolph goes somewhere in the first round...to any team, not just the Browns.
Lets see if you are a town goose or a country goose.
(and I too have always loved that scene....only just one thing....how the hell can you tell the difference between a town bred goose and a country bred goose? Never could figure that one out.)
You are still hung up on CBS. Some time back you questioned me about Calvin Ridley, that he wasn't listed as a top prospect by CBS sports. Have they figured out who he is at this point?
-
That article is the CBS Prospect report......which by the way STILL has him listed.....as of about an hour ago....as the #1 QB prospect out there.
Besides, I did do "independent research".....which...you apparently missed....or ignored....or were so stupefied by that it went over your head.
I.e. I did as much "research" as any of us can do: watched game film, read reports, researched his stats.
What else did you want me to do.....as a mere Joe Schmo fan?
Does that mean we have a bet then? The bet would be just that Rudolph goes somewhere in the first round...to any team, not just the Browns.
Lets see if you are a town goose or a country goose.
(and I too have always loved that scene....only just one thing....how the hell can you tell the difference between a town bred goose and a country bred goose? Never could figure that one out.)
You are still hung up on CBS. Some time back you questioned me about Calvin Ridley, that he wasn't listed as a top prospect by CBS sports. Have they figured out who he is at this point?
You are still hung up on CBS. Some time back you questioned me about Calvin Ridley, that he wasn't listed as a top prospect by CBS sports. Have they figured out who he is at this point?
That CBS still has Rudolph as their #1 qb is ludicrous. I've yet to see their rationale making Rudolph the #1 prospect, or did they just pull names out of a hat? Every other ranking I looked at has Mason around #5 or #6 as a qb prospect. Saying there's no drop off in the talent level 1-6 is crazy.
EDIT: After meditating on this one, here you go Gipper- the CBS ranking is what's called a "contrarian" ranking. They think they'll get more clicks by being stupid instead of ranking the prospects the same as everyone else.
Here's a prospect ranking that in my book that carries a lot more weight- Daniel Jeremiah's http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20
Rudolph isn't even listed in his top 50 prospects. BTW, DJ has Darnold as his #7 prospect- so projecting him at #4 is hardly a "reach", Considering every one ahead of him is a position player, not crazy at all to take Darnold at #1.
-
Of course, that could be true. But if you were a decision maker, and you were wrong like Sashi...then you wouldn't be the decision maker any more. (DePodesta still has a job though)
But....if I ended up getting the Drew Brees or Russell Wilson of this draft.....I would be employed.
Notice I did not say to draft Rudolph with #1 or 4. Sure, by indications that would be seen as a reach. I said take Chubb and Barkley with 1 and 4. No one would profess those to be reaches...given their pre draft evaluations. Some few may disagree with those evaluations....and I may be one of them with Barkley. But as a rule, no one would claim those to be reaches.
I think taking any one of THESE QBS at 1 or 4 may in fact be the reach. I have seen a number of views to that effect.
But I would wager that Rudolph does go in round one.
I already have a few "wagers" out there. Stan still owes me a pitcher of Margaritas because I wagered him that Trubisky would be taken Top 10...and he said he would not (taken #2)
From my Pick Six challenge I will owe the person that wins that lunch. We shall see how that goes. Are you in on that?
And here, I am willing to make a minor wager.....hot fudge sundae? Lunch at Al's? $5.00 McDonalds Gift Cert....that Rudolph goes in round one. Are you a taker?
Rudolph goes in round one. Are you a taker?
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
-
Rudolph goes in round one. Are you a taker?
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
LOL, want to bet Gip at least three QBs get picked before Rudolph?
-
You are still hung up on CBS. Some time back you questioned me about Calvin Ridley, that he wasn't listed as a top prospect by CBS sports. Have they figured out who he is at this point?
That CBS still has Rudolph as their #1 qb is ludicrous. I've yet to see their rationale making Rudolph the #1 prospect, or did they just pull names out of a hat? Every other ranking I looked at has Mason around #5 or #6 as a qb prospect. Saying there's no drop off in the talent level 1-6 is crazy.
EDIT: After meditating on this one, here you go Gipper- the CBS ranking is what's called a "contrarian" ranking. They think they'll get more clicks by being stupid instead of ranking the prospects the same as everyone else.
Here's a prospect ranking that in my book that carries a lot more weight- Daniel Jeremiah's http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20
Rudolph isn't even listed in his top 50 prospects. BTW, DJ has Darnold as his #7 prospect- so projecting him at #4 is hardly a "reach", Considering every one ahead of him is a position player, not crazy at all to take Darnold at #1.
That CBS still has Rudolph as their #1 qb is ludicrous. I've yet to see their rationale making Rudolph the #1 prospect, or did they just pull names out of a hat? Every other ranking I looked at has Mason around #5 or #6 as a qb prospect. Saying there's no drop off in the talent level 1-6 is crazy.
EDIT: After meditating on this one, here you go Gipper- the CBS ranking is what's called a "contrarian" ranking. They think they'll get more clicks by being stupid instead of ranking the prospects the same as everyone else.
Here's a prospect ranking that in my book that carries a lot more weight- Daniel Jeremiah's http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20
Rudolph isn't even listed in his top 50 prospects. BTW, DJ has Darnold as his #7 prospect- so projecting him at #4 is hardly a "reach", Considering every one ahead of him is a position player, not crazy at all to take Darnold at #1.
Except that he is 3 to 4 inches taller than Mayfield. So what you call country and I simply call accurate Maybe what CBS saw was what I saw. He's very mediocre bunch of quarterbacks that are vastly overrated. In Rudolph fits in there with them and has produced every bit as much as any of them have except perhaps Mayfield
-
Rudolph goes in round one. Are you a taker?
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinionProblem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
-
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
LOL, want to bet Gip at least three QBs get picked before Rudolph?
LOL, want to bet Gip at least three QBs get picked before Rudolph?
Hello McFly I have said all along that the other QBs " rated higher" than Rudolph will likely get drafted before he will. My bet is that he'll be taken in round one. Are you in on that particular bet?
See....this bet, never accepted.
-
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinionProblem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
In premise...but I'd prefer to have the one that Dorsey thinks is the best this time.
I've wanted Rosen....but I don't like his number. We used to have a guy that wore #14 that won some games for us.........
-
Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
In premise...but I'd prefer to have the one that Dorsey thinks is the best this time.
I've wanted Rosen....but I don't like his number. We used to have a guy that wore #14 that won some games for us.........
-
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinionProblem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion. Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my opinion that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
So we keep going for lower rated (by the experts) qbs just like we have since Couch.
-
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion. Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my opinion that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
So we keep going for lower rated (by the experts) qbs just like we have since Couch.
-
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion. Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my opinion that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
So we keep going for lower rated (by the experts) qbs just like we have since Couch.
-
Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my pin that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion. Problem is they're really has no clue as to who is the best one. And my opinion that Rudolph me in the long run long run prove to be the best is just as viable as any other opinion
So we keep going for lower rated (by the experts) qbs just like we have since Couch.
-
Most of you focused on the second clause of my "solution".......while ignoring the first....more important perhaps part of it:
What about the idea of picking both Chubb and Barkley with 1 and 4? (without consideration to whom they may take later at QB). After all, most people put those 2 actually above the QBs....on a pure talent level.
-
Clearly you haven't seen the bargain QB thread
Sure I did Woody. Of course, great QBs have been found lower in the draft or FA, like the grocery bagging Kurt Warner or Tony Romo. There are zillions of stats the lower you pick a player (not just a QB) the worse your odds he's going to be a stud. For every 6th round Tom Brady, there's 20 Spergon Wynn's.

I did a little research, first round QBs since 2000. The hit rate is about 8\41 to get a great QB, then every thing in the middle, and around 14\41 busts. That's the reason top QB prospects get drafted high in the first round, and not the sixth. Way better odds.
-
He's a big kid QB. And QB's are rated on a curve. He could go in round 1 I guess.
We have the #1 overall pick....in a draft where 4 QB's may go pretty high in round 1. May I please have the best one in the draft for once? Please?
Teams have been jockeying around to get in position to draft one of the four. Let's not try and outsmart the league again this year ok?
LOL, want to bet Gip at least three QBs get picked before Rudolph?
-
Most of you focused on the second clause of my "solution".......while ignoring the first....more important perhaps part of it:
What about the idea of picking both Chubb and Barkley with 1 and 4? (without consideration to whom they may take later at QB). After all, most people put those 2 actually above the QBs....on a pure talent level.
Most of you focused on the second clause of my "solution".......while ignoring the first....more important perhaps part of it:
What about the idea of picking both Chubb and Barkley with 1 and 4? (without consideration to whom they may take later at QB). After all, most people put those 2 actually above the QBs....on a pure talent level.
Just NO to Barkley. If he's still there in the second round (like Rudolph) ok. We may well take a developmental QB like Benkert in the 4th- 5th round.
-
-
So....are you in on the bet?
That 4 QBs will be taken before Rudolph? Done for $100!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login