Skip to content

The number #1 pick

The Browns Board
151 38 8.0k 1
  • @poeticg said:

    The very first time I saw Barkley in a game I said to myself. That is the guy we need to get at any and all costs. We are so close to greatness...

    Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

    @nickers said:

    Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

  • As we sit here three and a half hours away from the Browns making their first overall pick, my feelings have changed a bit from several weeks ago. I had Darnold ahead of Rosen after the combine (influenced by media reports if I'm being honest), but now I'm going back to what I have felt for the last couple of years watching every snap of both dudes...... Rosen will have the best NFL career between the two - and beyond that, of any of the top quarterbacks being discussed for the first overall pick.

    With that being said, I'm still worried that the Browns are reaching and trying to make something out of any of these quarterbacks that really isn't there, and if they shock the world by taking the two best players available at 1 and 4 - simply because they believe they have their quarterback for the foreseeable future already on the roster, then I wouldn't hate that at all......  I know that is not a popular opinion, but that's where I stand.

    I'll root for whoever they select,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it........ until he starts to win anyway.  
     

  • @nickers said:

    Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

    @poeticg said:

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

    He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

  • @poeticg said:

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

    He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

    @nickers said:

    He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

    There's plenty of video evidence here that proves that he can indeed run between the tackles. 

  • @nickers said:

    He can't run between the tackles you numbskull!

    There's plenty of video evidence here that proves that he can indeed run between the tackles. 

    @poeticg said:

    There's plenty of video evidence here that proves that he can indeed run between the tackles. 

    Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile... color me unimpressed.. Defenses are a whole lot bigger and faster in the NFL Dufus!

  • "The Cleveland Browns have traded the first pick to the New England Patriots, and with the first pick New England selects..."

    Trade: Pats get: Browns #1

    Browns get: Tom Brady's diet book

    Jimmy Haslam: the homeless drunk told me to do it.

  • @nickers said:

    Barkley is a terrible runner on the inside.,.. Watch how one dimensional he becomes in the NFL.. We passed enough times on the QB.. fuk Barkley!

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

    @poeticg said:

    This opinion you have is false and not true. The issue of running inside is a construct of the poor offensive line Penn State had- it's not indicative of Barkley's ability to run inside. 

    Carlos Hyde can run inside.

    Barkley can run all over the place, catch 70 balls and score a bunch of TDs.

    It's kind of a good thing.

    Zombo

  • Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

    Reports from other GMs: Baker.

    Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

    Browns fans still: Darnold

    poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

    @mike-h said:

    Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

    Reports from other GMs: Baker.

    Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

    Browns fans still: Darnold

    poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

    Vegas odds has Mayfield at -300.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    This guy finally gets it: https://sports.theonion.com/should-the-browns-use-the-first-overall-pick-on-a-once-1825569053

    Kinda funny, but this article's title made me lol....

    Is It Time For The NCAA To Start Paying The Coaches?

    @d-bone said:

    1. As we sit here three and a half hours away from the Browns making their first overall pick, my feelings have changed a bit from several weeks ago. I had Darnold ahead of Rosen after the combine (influenced by media reports if I'm being honest), but now I'm going back to what I have felt for the last couple of years watching every snap of both dudes...... Rosen will have the best NFL career between the two - and beyond that, of any of the top quarterbacks being discussed for the first overall pick.
    2. With that being said, I'm still worried that the Browns are reaching and trying to make something out of any of these quarterbacks that really isn't there, and if they shock the world by taking the two best players available at 1 and 4 - simply because they believe they have their quarterback for the foreseeable future already on the roster, then I wouldn't hate that at all......  I know that is not a popular opinion, but that's where I stand.
    1. Better late than never? NO! You took too long and it cost us Rosen. I blame you! No Soup for You!
    2. Two non-QBs would trump the wrong QB...
  • Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

    Reports from other GMs: Baker.

    Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

    Browns fans still: Darnold

    poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

    @mike-h said:

    Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

    Reports from other GMs: Baker.

    Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

    Browns fans still: Darnold

    poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

    And Ghoolie has us trading the pick for Paxton Lynch

  • Oh wait.. is that today?

  • Do these things have a long intro before the clock starts? Like a warm-up with lots of blah blah blah?

  • zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzzZZZzz....😴

  • The Browns select... Baker Mayfield

  • @mike-h said:

    Reporters embedded with Browns: Baker.

    Reports from other GMs: Baker.

    Kiper and Zegura: Baker.

    Browns fans still: Darnold

    poeticG on an island without an Internet connection: Saquon Barkley

    Vegas odds has Mayfield at -300.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Vegas odds has Mayfield at -300.

    Never bet against Vegas.

  • Not what I would've chosen, but I'll support it. 

  • Shmuck this.  

    Shmuck Mayfield

    Shmuck all you that want him. 

  • Called it

  • ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????