Skip to content

The number #1 pick

The Browns Board
151 38 8.0k 1
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #14

    No need to wait on Barkley, he should be an IMPACT player from Day 1 of OTAs. Pushing guys to reach their full potential. Winners are made in the offseason. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

  • Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @poeticg said:

    Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    what are you gonna do when we pass on him twice

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Hide your guns, hide your knives...... 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I think it would be funny if we picked Rosen, simply because he has been linked the least to the Browns. It would also mean that Dorsey has done a hell of a job hiding the pick. 

  • I think it would be funny if we picked Rosen, simply because he has been linked the least to the Browns. It would also mean that Dorsey has done a hell of a job hiding the pick. 

    B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nero said:

    I think it would be funny if we picked Rosen, simply because he has been linked the least to the Browns. It would also mean that Dorsey has done a hell of a job hiding the pick. 

    That's exactly my point from earlier. He's the only one that you have not heard a peep about being connected to the Browns. Last year, whom had any idea the Bears loved Trubs that much and KC loved Mahomes that much? Absolutely no one. Dorsey has kept this thing so close to the vest, i swear he has sent smoke signals out on everyone else just to try and get a feel for the rest of the draft. 

  • Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #20

    @poeticg said:

    Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    The poll just goes to show how far out of touch you are in your Saquon fantasy zone. 

    WE NEED A FREAKING FRANCHISE QB FIRST PO. The last time the Browns drafted a qb higher than #20 was Tim Couch in 1999, and our last franchise qb Bernie Kosar was before that. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    The poll just goes to show how far out of touch you are in your Saquon fantasy zone. 

    WE NEED A FREAKING FRANCHISE QB FIRST PO. The last time the Browns drafted a qb higher than #20 was Tim Couch in 1999, and our last franchise qb Bernie Kosar was before that. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    The poll just goes to show how far out of touch you are in your Saquon fantasy zone. 

    WE NEED A FREAKING FRANCHISE QB FIRST PO. The last time the Browns drafted a qb higher than #20 was Tim Couch in 1999, and our last franchise qb Bernie Kosar was before that. 

    Fair enough. Although drafting a QB #4 overall would still be a huge jump higher than 20, right?

  • F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by Furious Styles
    #22

    My Barkley pick is more SHOULD than WILL. 

  • sydS syd

    @poeticg said:

    Guys, let's get Saquon Barkley some votes, he's easily the most explosive player in the draft. 

    We need guys that can take a 5 yard pass to the house or turn a routine 1st/2nd down run into a footrace to the endzone. 

    what are you gonna do when we pass on him twice

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @syd said:

    what are you gonna do when we pass on him twice

    I would laugh and laugh and laugh. 

    PatheticG could then follow Barkley to whatever team drafted him. 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I think they are going to draft Baker Mayfield.

    I hope they take Lamar Jackson.

    I can live with Rosen but he is soft.

    I'm officially off of the Darnold bandwagon. He reminds me of Blaine Gabbert the more I watch his tape.

    If we draft Allen I'll be blackout drunk before the 4th pick

  • @syd said:

    what are you gonna do when we pass on him twice

    I would laugh and laugh and laugh. 

    PatheticG could then follow Barkley to whatever team drafted him. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would laugh and laugh and laugh. 

    PatheticG could then follow Barkley to whatever team drafted him. 

    There you go again, calling me out my name. In order for you to be better than me, you actually have to be better than me. You have to actually call out your picks... you want to bet? I'm confident Barkley is the guy for Cleveland- who do you got?  

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

  • I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @poeticg said:

    I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

    Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Duke is coming up on a contract year, the best way to check that is to have Saquon on the team. He's an all around better RB than Duke is. If Duke takes a homegrown discount to remain on the team then it's likely that he resigns.. 

    Barkley Hyde and Duke

    Taylor (Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen) and Stanton 

    Gordon Landry and Coleman

    Njoku and DeValve

    Decent OL 

    We have a legitimate offense right there, wouldn't you agree? 

  • @poeticg said:

    I request that if the Browns take Saquon #1 that Dutch gets a "Poet's Bitch" tag beside his name.

    Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @dutch-oven said:

    Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

    Call out your bet and put some meat to it homey... you can't just say Barkley doesn't go #1- back your Sheet up. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Since you don't have the balls to take my or anyone else's bet on this, you don't get any requests. 

    Call out your bet and put some meat to it homey... you can't just say Barkley doesn't go #1- back your Sheet up. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @poeticg said:

    Call out your bet and put some meat to it homey... you can't just say Barkley doesn't go #1- back your Sheet up. 

    That's exactly what me offering you a $100 bet that Barkley won't be the Browns #1 pick is doing.

    You don't have the balls to take me up on it, PatheticG. 

    And I've said numerous times on here that I think the #1 pick will be Sam Darnold.

    I'm not you, I don't feel the need to repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #31

    Then the bet is your taking Darnold #1 and I'm taking Barkley #1.

    If Darnold goes forth or the Browns draft Mayfield #1 it's a wash. You have to actually hit on your pick. 

    I should get odds just because I'm taking the tougher bet. But I'm confident in my assessments. 

    The bet will be for signature and not money. 

    We must both agree before hand the signature we'll add to the bottom of every post.

    The signature will be displayed until the conclusion of the first Pre-season game.

    Do you want to bet? 

    *Edit* 

    - Due to the "odds" I should be receiving for taking the tougher bet, I want you to accept signature display for 1 complete season.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #32

    The bet is 100 American dollars.

    I know you won't do it, because I know you know the Browns aren't taking Barkley. 

  • The bet is 100 American dollars.

    I know you won't do it, because I know you know the Browns aren't taking Barkley. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dutch-oven said:

    The bet is 100 American dollars.

    I know you won't do it, because I know you know the Browns aren't taking Barkley. 

    There will be no money bet. Signature bet only. If you want some dutchy come get some. Bet that signature for a season.