Denzel Ward
-
Plus Joe Haden is 5 foot 11 inches and 190 lb.
?
WSS
And before he got his contract re-newed, AJ Green will be the first guy to tell you that once upon a time in Cleveland no corner frustrated him more than Haden. And to be honest, he used to be a damn good tackler in spite of that size especially in the open field. I like the highlight of Ward lighting up that TE.
After Haden got his dream contract here - he could never stay healthy which invited skeptics and mistrust from fans that once appreciated the earlier Joe.
As for Ward, that was a pretty awesome highlight of him lighting up that TE. I'm kind of stunned at the negative response he's getting especially considering how often some of our fans have complained about us avoiding promising prospects from The Ohio State.
And before he got his contract re-newed, AJ Green will be the first guy to tell you that once upon a time in Cleveland no corner frustrated him more than Haden. And to be honest, he used to be a damn good tackler in spite of that size especially in the open field. I like the highlight of Ward lighting up that TE.
After Haden got his dream contract here - he could never stay healthy which invited skeptics and mistrust from fans that once appreciated the earlier Joe.
As for Ward, that was a pretty awesome highlight of him lighting up that TE. I'm kind of stunned at the negative response he's getting especially considering how often some of our fans have complained about us avoiding promising prospects from The Ohio State.
The negativity is because the Browns took a guy at #4 that they thought should have maybe gone at #7.....and passed on a guy that some thought could be gone at #2.........even though the guy we took played at a much bigger need than the guy we passed on.
-
While I would’ve gone with Chubb, it’s a win-win in my book and I’m not gonna complain about bringing in a guy like Ward.
While I would’ve gone with Chubb, it’s a win-win in my book and I’m not gonna complain about bringing in a guy like Ward.
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
-
Read an interesting comment earlier that players don’t put on weight during the season so he could be around 175 lbs in October/November. That’s a bit of a worry for me.
-
Read an interesting comment earlier that players don’t put on weight during the season so he could be around 175 lbs in October/November. That’s a bit of a worry for me.
Read an interesting comment earlier that players don’t put on weight during the season so he could be around 175 lbs in October/November. That’s a bit of a worry for me.
Can't really put on weight in-season. It's asking a lot. That's what the off-season is for.
-
While I would’ve gone with Chubb, it’s a win-win in my book and I’m not gonna complain about bringing in a guy like Ward.
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
If he plays like #4 overall I'll be elated!
-
There are many in here defending the pick. I think many of the sunshine pumpers called Joe Haden a shutdown corner, how many games did we win with him and how long was his shelf life?
The rules in the NFL are designed to allow the passing game to flourish and when you can’t pressure the QB it really doesn’t matter how good the DBs are. And if I’m not mistaken Baker threw for 330 against OSU’s defense.
Never understood this argument.
If we had Aaron Donald and won all of maybe one more game with him in the same time frame, you could still say the same thing and be all BUT HOW MANY GAMES HE WIN US BRUH!?!? Losing doesn't preclude us from having a quality player at any given position. It's a team game and we addressed a position of need with a top rated player. A bit higher than I'd like, but addressed none-the-less.
Let's not make this harder than it has to be.
Never understood this argument.
If we had Aaron Donald and won all of maybe one more game with him in the same time frame, you could still say the same thing and be all BUT HOW MANY GAMES HE WIN US BRUH!?!? Losing doesn't preclude us from having a quality player at any given position. It's a team game and we addressed a position of need with a top rated player. A bit higher than I'd like, but addressed none-the-less.
Let's not make this harder than it has to be.
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
-
While I would’ve gone with Chubb, it’s a win-win in my book and I’m not gonna complain about bringing in a guy like Ward.
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
That's what your girlfriend said.......
-
Never understood this argument.
If we had Aaron Donald and won all of maybe one more game with him in the same time frame, you could still say the same thing and be all BUT HOW MANY GAMES HE WIN US BRUH!?!? Losing doesn't preclude us from having a quality player at any given position. It's a team game and we addressed a position of need with a top rated player. A bit higher than I'd like, but addressed none-the-less.
Let's not make this harder than it has to be.
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
Being the founder of the Chubb Train around here. I can tell you Bradley wasn't going to be "dominant". He was a complimentary piece to Myles. The exact same idea that The Donkeys have for him and Von. This isn't a loss that can't be overcome with quality DB play.
I get your point, but there is still room for DB's in this league. Plenty of young elite ones to prove my point.
-
Totally agree.
I would have preferred Chubb, possibly Fitzpatrick, but I'm fine with Ward - even if I think he's a bit of a reach at #4. (He's a tad on the smallish side if I were to nitpick)
That's what your girlfriend said.......
That's what your girlfriend said.......
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
-
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
Being the founder of the Chubb Train around here. I can tell you Bradley wasn't going to be "dominant". He was a complimentary piece to Myles. The exact same idea that The Donkeys have for him and Von. This isn't a loss that can't be overcome with quality DB play.
I get your point, but there is still room for DB's in this league. Plenty of young elite ones to prove my point.
Being the founder of the Chubb Train around here. I can tell you Bradley wasn't going to be "dominant". He was a complimentary piece to Myles. The exact same idea that The Donkeys have for him and Von. This isn't a loss that can't be overcome with quality DB play.
I get your point, but there is still room for DB's in this league. Plenty of young elite ones to prove my point.
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
-
Being the founder of the Chubb Train around here. I can tell you Bradley wasn't going to be "dominant". He was a complimentary piece to Myles. The exact same idea that The Donkeys have for him and Von. This isn't a loss that can't be overcome with quality DB play.
I get your point, but there is still room for DB's in this league. Plenty of young elite ones to prove my point.
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping. Hubbard is still on the board.
-
That's what your girlfriend said.......
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
Girl, you have some serious issues. Take it up with the Amish.
-
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
Girl, you have some serious issues. Take it up with the Amish.
Girl, you have some serious issues. Take it up with the Amish.
Just stop.
You are just embarrassing yourself now.
I mean, more that normal.
-
Girl, you have some serious issues. Take it up with the Amish.
Just stop.
You are just embarrassing yourself now.
I mean, more that normal.
Just stop.
You are just embarrassing yourself now.
I mean, more that normal.
Sure thing luke.
-
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping. Hubbard is still on the board.
-
Just stop.
You are just embarrassing yourself now.
I mean, more that normal.
Sure thing luke.
Sure thing luke.
You aren't going to run to the moderators with your boyfriend cal and tell on me again, are you?
-
Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate. If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
-
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping. Hubbard is still on the board.
-
Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate. If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada
-
I’m and Obo kinda guy ?
I like the flexibility of a 3-4 DE rotation.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login