Denzel Ward
-
-
Hmmm. Looks like Dorsey knew what he was doing. I said earlier in this but I expect him to make a similar impact of our defense is Marshon Lattimore did to the Saints and it's looking pretty good right now
Hmmm. Looks like Dorsey knew what he was doing. I said earlier in this but I expect him to make a similar impact of our defense is Marshon Lattimore did to the Saints and it's looking pretty good right now
Myles Garrett had 2 sacks and Denzel Ward had 2 INTs; but some people were all asss hurt because we didn't draft THE Bradley Chubb blazing up ACC Football with 10 sacks as his personal best. Step aside Lawrence Taylor...
I don't care what anyone says - I'm proud of this defense for taking on a 13-3 team and overcoming a 3rd quarter 21-7 deficit while causing 5 turnovers to knot the score and give us a chance to kick the game winning FG in OT at the end...
-
Hmmm. Looks like Dorsey knew what he was doing. I said earlier in this but I expect him to make a similar impact of our defense is Marshon Lattimore did to the Saints and it's looking pretty good right now
Totally agree, Flugs...
Hmmm. Looks like Dorsey knew what he was doing. I said earlier in this but I expect him to make a similar impact of our defense is Marshon Lattimore did to the Saints and it's looking pretty good right now
Yup... and as impressive as his two INTs were (especially the first one) the TD "he allowed" to Brown really impressed me. His position was perfect. Just got beat by a better throw and a really strong catch.
-
Totally agree, Flugs...
Hmmm. Looks like Dorsey knew what he was doing. I said earlier in this but I expect him to make a similar impact of our defense is Marshon Lattimore did to the Saints and it's looking pretty good right now
Yup... and as impressive as his two INTs were (especially the first one) the TD "he allowed" to Brown really impressed me. His position was perfect. Just got beat by a better throw and a really strong catch.
Totally agree, Flugs...
Yup... and as impressive as his two INTs were (especially the first one) the TD "he allowed" to Brown really impressed me. His position was perfect. Just got beat by a better throw and a really strong catch.
Yeah he a great position on that and even put his hand up in between Antonio Brown's hands the guy just made a great catch
He also made some nice sticks on some runs
-
Man, the kid will never forget this game. Helluva way to start his career. Even the TD he gave up was because of a perfect throw and great catch. He literally had perfect coverage on Brown.
-
The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown, well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions.
Unbelievable.
-
The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown, well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions.
Unbelievable.
The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown, well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions.
Unbelievable.
..... Neither of those two things happened....
Williams didn't call Ward stupid. He said he did "stupid things" in reference to how he tackled.
I just read Hue's postgame. He was very complimentary of Ward. All he said was that he gave up a TD, but he kept fighting.
.......
-
The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown, well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions.
Unbelievable.
..... Neither of those two things happened....
Williams didn't call Ward stupid. He said he did "stupid things" in reference to how he tackled.
I just read Hue's postgame. He was very complimentary of Ward. All he said was that he gave up a TD, but he kept fighting.
.......
..... Neither of those two things happened....
.......
like we don't deal enough with this fake news at the "other" place...
-
..... Neither of those two things happened....
.......
like we don't deal enough with this fake news at the "other" place...
like we don't deal enough with this fake news at the "other" place...
Like I get everyone loves Denzel but I don't think he needs their help painting false narratives making him look like a victim.
The guy was a fantastic pick and he's gonna be a hell of a player.
-
The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown, well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions.
Unbelievable.
..... Neither of those two things happened....
Williams didn't call Ward stupid. He said he did "stupid things" in reference to how he tackled.
I just read Hue's postgame. He was very complimentary of Ward. All he said was that he gave up a TD, but he kept fighting.
.......
..... Neither of those two things happened....
Williams didn't call Ward stupid. He said he did "stupid things" in reference to how he tackled.
I just read Hue's postgame. He was very complimentary of Ward. All he said was that he gave up a TD, but he kept fighting.
.......
"Stupid tackling got him hurt". I wasn't saying he was questioning his intelligence just that Gregg Williams called his play stupid. I'm glad you read his presser. I watched it. Maybe it wasn't a full transcript you read? Multiple people lashing out at hue on Twitter also for calling ward out the way he did also.
And everyone loves Denzel? Read this thread and tell me how everyone loved when we picked him or the numerous other times he's been criticized. Like people calling him a bust just because hard knocks didn't pay him any attention.
-
His hand was right in there on the touchdown catch to (Steelers WR) Antonio Brown. He had a chance to get that ball out, but against a really good player, the guy made that play on him. He came back and kept fighting, kept competing. I think Denzel is made out of the right stuff. He keeps going even though he gave up that touchdown. He put his head down and said, ‘Come on, let’s go.’ He made plays there at the end so that is good to see, but we can’t let them in the end zone on the one.”
-
Your post:
"Gregg Williams calling him stupid"
"Head coach criticizing"
Neither of those things happened. Hue didn't say anything wrong, are you really counting that as "criticizing"?. What's he supposed to say? "Nothing could have possibly been done there. Nothing for Ward to work on. Brown is just too good and we shouldn't even bother. Oh well."
Geez
-
Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.
#DontBeScared
Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.
-
Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.
#DontBeScared
Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.
Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.
#DontBeScared
Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.
He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage.
Looks to be a great pickup. Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome. I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon.
Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....
-
Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.
#DontBeScared
Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.
He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage.
Looks to be a great pickup. Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome. I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon.
Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....
He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage.
Looks to be a great pickup. Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome. I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon.
Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....
Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.
-
He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage.
Looks to be a great pickup. Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome. I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon.
Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....
Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.
Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.
Maybe we will tie them too. Also not so sure I'd pin that loss on Brees unless he has started playing defense in his old age. Not much you can do when your defense gives up 48 points.
Still leaning towards picking the Browns.
-
Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.
Maybe we will tie them too. Also not so sure I'd pin that loss on Brees unless he has started playing defense in his old age. Not much you can do when your defense gives up 48 points.
Still leaning towards picking the Browns.
Maybe we will tie them too. Also not so sure I'd pin that loss on Brees unless he has started playing defense in his old age. Not much you can do when your defense gives up 48 points.
Still leaning towards picking the Browns.
I have him and Ryan from Atlanta that I have too chose from in my league this week. I would be happy to sacrifice Brees to MG for the Browns win, even if it meant I lose the $$. ?
-
Michael Thomas presents a whole different set of issues for Ward. I actually think this might be the worst game of his season. Good news is it'll be out of the way early.
-
Michael Thomas presents a whole different set of issues for Ward. I actually think this might be the worst game of his season. Good news is it'll be out of the way early.
Michael Thomas presents a whole different set of issues for Ward. I actually think this might be the worst game of his season. Good news is it'll be out of the way early.
I like Thomas but he is NOT Antonio Brown who is near the top of all fantasy league drafts at the start of every season. Ward took on the most difficult assignment possible already and I am sure he has a jump on fellow OSU player Thomas. He has already seen all the moves.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
