Skip to content

2018 DRAFT - DAY TWO - some good talent available for the BROWNS. 

The Browns Board
128 30 3.6k
  • I will pass on Key as well. I don't think he's that good of a player and his head jacked up. Landry is a beast, he was just hurt last year. Hurst is a baller, but I wonder if some teams are going to be nervous about his heart even though he has been cleared. I would be ok with it in the second round and on his first contract as opposed to his big money deal. I think they can wait for the RB until 64 or later depending on what tackles are on the board at that spot. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded down from one or two of their top 2nd round picks to try and grab a 3rd rounder. I would pass on Nick Chubb. It's not that he wasn't a productive player, but his knee injury from a few years ago was nasty. I don't think it is going to hold up over time in the nfl. I also don't think the browns need to draft a WR in the second round. I like Coleman as the third option and I feel they can find value a little later, perhaps ESB. 

  • gumby-here's to hoping they have Jim Brown doing the announcement BECAUSE the plan has been all along a RB starting on Day 2, Pick #33.

    @texasag1969 said:

    gumby-here's to hoping they have Jim Brown doing the announcement BECAUSE the plan has been all along a RB starting on Day 2, Pick #33.

    Cheers! to hoping.. imo. it totally depends on how "they" value Duke..Duke got his a$$ kicked running between tackles.Than the plan was to kick him to slot position 😕..Matt Dayes cost them less than Duke after this season..Dorsey has his missle to fire at position right now..if he holds his cards to #64? Am not seeing a K.Hunt will be left..We need a physical banger.. I also like the  Auburn kid K.Johnson if his knee checks out. Northwestern has a kid(name?) leaving Bo Scarboro or ASU kid Ballage. No 3rd rounders at this point..tick tock..Edit-your rant watching your post on Bill getting his next Dion Lewis was priceless😆

  • List of my top targets for the three picks in the 2nd:

    DE Rasheem Greene

    DE Harold Landry

    DE Sam Hubbard

    DE Josh Sweat

    DE Lorenzo Carter

    DT Maurice Hurst

    CB Josh Jackson

    CB Isaiah Oliver

    CB Carlton Davis

    S Justin Reid

    S Ronnie Harrison

    S Jesse Bates

    RB Nick Chubb

    RB Darrius Guice

    RB Ronald Jones

    RB Kerryon Johnson

    WR Christian Kirk

    WR Anthony Miller

    WR DJ Chark

    WR Courtland Sutton

    As much as we need a LT, hoping they don't pick Crosby, C.Williams or Orlando Brown over any of these guys.

  • Apparently Landry sliding due to medical issues 

  • From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

    CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150)

    I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

    Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

  • We still need a big bodied WR 

    I say we go Derrius Guice and Courtland Sutton in the second.

  • From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

    CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150)

    I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

    Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

    @mjp28 said:

    From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

    CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150

    Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

    thanks 28,but tell Gil when Chris Hubbard got paid he stated he got paid as a RT..thats where he will play. Not Left..drafting OL coming off injury is truly a risky business..

  • We still need a big bodied WR 

    I say we go Derrius Guice and Courtland Sutton in the second.

    @domcucch1994 said:

    We still need a big bodied WR 

    I say we go Derrius Guice and Courtland Sutton in the second.

    You hate to have all of your chips on Flash Gordon as your main 16 game man.....even with Landry as more receiving help.

    Back to too many need holes even for the BROWNS and all their good picks. OL, RB, DB, another DE?

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    We still need a big bodied WR 

    I say we go Derrius Guice and Courtland Sutton in the second.

    You hate to have all of your chips on Flash Gordon as your main 16 game man.....even with Landry as more receiving help.

    Back to too many need holes even for the BROWNS and all their good picks. OL, RB, DB, another DE?

    @mjp28 said:

    You hate to have all of your chips on Flash Gordon as your main 16 game man.....even with Landry as more receiving help.

    Back to too many need holes even for the BROWNS and all their good picks. OL, RB, DB, another DE?

    They can add a T with their 3rd 2nd rounder. 

    I think we go RB, WR, OL.

    3rd round and on is when we will add LBers, DBs, and Dline

  • Looking forward to seeing where Desmond Harrison ( OT ) and Kemoko Turay ( EDGE ) go ...... both sleepers and undervalued

  • Being reported that Nick Chubb is the choice at 33 ......... various twitter accounts and NFL Network reporting it ...... we shall see

  • From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

    CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150)

    I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

    Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

    @mjp28 said:

    From Gil Brant, NFL Senior Analyst:

    CONNOR WILLIAMS, OL, Texas (No. 22 on my Hot 150)

    I invited Williams to the draft, so obviously I'm surprised he went undrafted in Round 1. Good things happen to those who wait. Williams missed seven games in 2017 due to a knee injury suffered against USC, but he had an excellent 2016. He came back for the final two games last season and played well. He's very athletic but might make for a better guard than tackle.

    Ideal fit: Browns. Any offensive lineman worth his salt views Joe Thomas as the model tackle, and while Williams might be better suited for guard, he could step in right away and give Chris Hubbard a run for the starting job vacated by Thomas when he retired.

    Seems like everyone is saying Connor Williams should make the move to Guard.  Would be disappointed if they went with any of the available LT's in the 2nd round with all the other talent available. 

  • Being reported that Nick Chubb is the choice at 33 ......... various twitter accounts and NFL Network reporting it ...... we shall see

    @darren15 said:

    Being reported that Nick Chubb is the choice at 33 ......... various twitter accounts and NFL Network reporting it ...... we shall see

    Either one would be fine with me (Guice being the other).

  • @londonbrown said:

    Names I’m looking at now for #33 and #35

    Harold Landry

    Conor Williams

    Nick Chubb

    Maurice Hurst

    Derrius Guice

    Anthony Miller

    I'd be looking at Landry and Chubb at #33 and #35, but the others aren't too bad either.  Except for Maurice Hurst, didn't he have a heart issue?

    @dawg2fan said:

    I'd be looking at Landry and Chubb at #33 and #35, but the others aren't too bad either.  Except for Maurice Hurst, didn't he have a heart issue?

    Yes....but he went to see The Wizard. 

    cheneyheart-1.jpg

  • Names I’m looking at now for our picks in the second round:

     Running back

    Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice

    Wide Receiver

    Anthony Miller or Eq. St. Brown

    Offensive Tackle

    Ohukwuma Okorafor or Tyrell Crosby orJamarco Jones

     

    @calfoxwc said:

    Names I’m looking at now for our picks in the second round:

     Running back

    Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice

    Wide Receiver

    Anthony Miller or Eq. St. Brown

    Offensive Tackle

    Ohukwuma Okorafor or Tyrell Crosby orJamarco Jones

     

    Oh O.?

  • I would like:  Chubb (a Chubb of SOME kind please),  Conner Williams and/or Courtland Sutton

  • The Browns need weapons. They have none.

    @ghoolie said:

    The Browns need weapons. They have none.

    We just drafted a qb, you miss that?  Jarvis Landry is a pro-bowl level wr. That Gordon feller is an OK wr too.   Draft isn't over yet.  🙂  

  • @ghoolie said:

    The Browns need weapons. They have none.

    We just drafted a qb, you miss that?  Jarvis Landry is a pro-bowl level wr. That Gordon feller is an OK wr too.   Draft isn't over yet.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    We just drafted a qb, you miss that?  Jarvis Landry is a pro-bowl level wr. That Gordon feller is an OK wr too.   Draft isn't over yet.  🙂  

    we still need more offensive weapons for Taylor/Mayfield to thrive 

  • I would like:  Chubb (a Chubb of SOME kind please),  Conner Williams and/or Courtland Sutton

    @orion said:

    I would like:  Chubb (a Chubb of SOME kind please),  Conner Williams and/or Courtland Sutton

    So, you say you are a Chubby Chaser.  That can't always be bad.