Skip to content

Which Player/Team Are Best "Fit"?

The Browns Board
16 8 576
  • L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by LionOfBuddha
    #6

    The first one that comes to mind is Rosen falling to Arizona. Arians, even though gone, seemed like a perfect personality match for a guy like Rosen. Hopefully the coaches there now have stuck with some Arians philosophies on life. Also, I’ve heard Arizona has one of the best off the field programs in terms of healthy lifestyles and community involvement, something Rosen holds very dear to him. 

  • Could not believe Josh Rosen fell right into Zona's lap.Zona moved 5 slots(15 to 10) giving up a 3rd & 5th..Bills moved 5 slots from #12 to #7 with 2 2nds(53/56) to hope on Allen 🥷..Rosen & Lamar are carrying a large chip into 2 locker rooms..RG3 in Balt. makes sense now..never can count assignments on defense for a running QB.. 

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @gumby73 said:

    Could not believe Josh Rosen fell right into Zona's lap.Zona moved 5 slots(15 to 10) giving up a 3rd & 5th..Bills moved 5 slots from #12 to #7 with 2 2nds(53/56) to hope on Allen 🥷..Rosen & Lamar are carrying a large chip into 2 locker rooms..RG3 in Balt. makes sense now..never can count assignments on defense for a running QB.. 

    Lol I watched the Bills press conference after the draft, and remember the GM saying something along the lines of “I mean Allen is a big, strong kid. This is Buffalo we’re talking about” 

    I LOLed

    If that’s the best they can say about him then good luck

  • Pure fit? Two jump out at me...

    • Roquan Smith to the Bears MLB tradition, and
    • Derwin James to fill Weddle's shoes with LAC.

    @gumby73 said:

    Could not believe Josh Rosen fell right into Zona's lap.Zona moved 5 slots(15 to 10) giving up a 3rd & 5th..Bills moved 5 slots from #12 to #7 with 2 2nds(53/56) to hope on Allen 🥷..Rosen & Lamar are carrying a large chip into 2 locker rooms..RG3 in Balt. makes sense now..never can count assignments on defense for a running QB.. 

    Ozzie's last stand... Pick has a chance of working out well, but is a big change from Flacco the statue.

    AZ's O-line needs to up their game. They had been mired in the middle of the league prior to 2017 after which they took a big step.... in the wrong direction. But they have weapons and if Johnson stays healthy that will help a great deal.

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    Pure fit? Two jump out at me...

    • Roquan Smith to the Bears MLB tradition, and
    • Derwin James to fill Weddle's shoes with LAC.

    Ozzie's last stand... Pick has a chance of working out well, but is a big change from Flacco the statue.

    AZ's O-line needs to up their game. They had been mired in the middle of the league prior to 2017 after which they took a big step.... in the wrong direction. But they have weapons and if Johnson stays healthy that will help a great deal.

    Yeah Derwin was a steal for the Chargers

  • The first one that comes to mind is Rosen falling to Arizona. Arians, even though gone, seemed like a perfect personality match for a guy like Rosen. Hopefully the coaches there now have stuck with some Arians philosophies on life. Also, I’ve heard Arizona has one of the best off the field programs in terms of healthy lifestyles and community involvement, something Rosen holds very dear to him. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @lionofbuddha said:

    The first one that comes to mind is Rosen falling to Arizona. Arians, even though gone, seemed like a perfect personality match for a guy like Rosen. Hopefully the coaches there now have stuck with some Arians philosophies on life. Also, I’ve heard Arizona has one of the best off the field programs in terms of healthy lifestyles and community involvement, something Rosen holds very dear to him. 

    Yuck it up fuzzball.   I see what you did there:

    Arians (Aryans) philosophy on life....to be a match for Rosen (the non Arian/Aryan).

    Cute.

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I have to say Jackson because the ravens did almost exactly what I wanted us to do.

    Hired Greg Roman (the guy who saved Alex Smith's career and made Colin Kapernick a household name)

    Sign Tyrod Taylor to give Jackson a year to learn. They have Flacco so no need

    Draft Lamar and wreck the league.

    I think another great fit is Nick Chubb. It's not hard to see him being this years Kareem Hunt. Our off-season was built around the power run game and Chubb is the perfect back for what we are trying to do.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Just occurred to me that Chubb, being the more versatile "big back", has a good chance to be the starter with Hyde spelling him and being the short-yardage hammer.

  • Just occurred to me that Chubb, being the more versatile "big back", has a good chance to be the starter with Hyde spelling him and being the short-yardage hammer.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    Just occurred to me that Chubb, being the more versatile "big back", has a good chance to be the starter with Hyde spelling him and being the short-yardage hammer.

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just occurred to me that Chubb, being the more versatile "big back", has a good chance to be the starter with Hyde spelling him and being the short-yardage hammer.

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @jrb12711 said:

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

    I expect maybe to see him in the slot on plays that Landry is on the sidelines. He has the right kind of hands and is great in open space.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I think getting Jarvis Landry in the 4th round was a good pick. He is a good fit.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just occurred to me that Chubb, being the more versatile "big back", has a good chance to be the starter with Hyde spelling him and being the short-yardage hammer.

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jrb12711 said:

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

    He'll still be the king of 3rd down for us.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I just worry what that may mean for Duke. Hue had a terrible time giving the right guy the ball in the backfield last year, at least IMO. Duke is a legit butt play-maker, and I'm worried he's not going to the get the snaps he should.

    He'll still be the king of 3rd down for us.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    He'll still be the king of 3rd down for us.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I expect maybe to see him in the slot on plays that Landry is on the sidelines. He has the right kind of hands and is great in open space.

    I definitely hope you're both right. I just have my sincere doubts based on what I saw last year.