Nick Chubb
-
Agree... but maybe 45th-ish?
Our haul so far just feels "reachy"... some more than others, but bottom line is it feels like our value is modest at best. With some minor maneuvering value would have increased considerably.
Of course not being in the room, can't know what calls came in from other teams.
Value is subjective sir! Especially after the first round. The consensus you think exist is shattered year after year. I’m trying to be more open about it and not overreacting with a “reach” and “steal” mentality based on rankings not published by NFL teams. Media draft analysts do a heck of a job sorting through all this mess, arguably better than teams, but they aren’t making the picks and don’t have all of the info/priorities or mindset of every team’s decision makers.
Have seen two analysts with Chubb as RB1. Ahead of Barkley. Pick 35? Steal! ?
Value is subjective sir! Especially after the first round.
... and every one of the various Draft Value Charts out there show the shrinking differential of successive picks with each passing round. However, Picks 33 and 35 are just a whisper away from Round one.
Subjective? Of course... times two: player evaluation and importance of the relative positions
Just right now feels "reachy" to me.
-
Chubb a nice pick.
With Tyrod, Chubb, Landry, the offense has improved by leaps and bounds.
Chubb a nice pick.
With Tyrod, Chubb, Landry, the offense has improved by leaps and bounds.
Without a doubt. Pieces are fitting together very well.
Mike
-
I love the picks. Mostly, because the Browns didn't draft from the cheapest draft magazine and
combine results. They drafted based on criteria that some of us have talked about for years.
Character/love for the game/intelligence/fight throught adversity - etc, right down the line.
I believe that Shaquill Griffin fits that criteria - and his speed would help make him a star on special teams,
and situations on defense.
The only player I got right in my early mock draft was Chubb, same round, I think it was.
Corbett - already has a big link to the Browns offensive line - Joel Bitonio.
http://fox8.com/2018/04/27/austin-corbett-already-has-connection-to-browns-offensive-line/
And Chubb is more the quick feet power back the Browns needed. Sony is terrific - but he is more
speed. They are different rb's.
http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2018/04/nick_chubb_fits_what_the_brown.html
-
oh, hell yeah. Chubb isn't a plodder power back like a fullback. Underestimating him is a big mistake. His lateral movement and balance, instinctive running - oh, he's going to help rock the Browns running game.
-
not a fan of chubb....sony so much better and only a pick higher
However you have to remember Chubb was the starter and pretty well softened up defenses at the start of every game for Sony to work on when they were a little tired. I like Sony better too, but Chubb was just about equal in most mocks/ratings and Sony was already gone so there's that.
EDIT: Both are light years better than Crow of the blind bird tribe. And he will keep those LBs honest so Landry can work the short game.
-
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
-
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.
A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.
Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
does tj also work on boners
-
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
does tj also work on boners
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login