Nick Chubb
-
oh, hell yeah. Chubb isn't a plodder power back like a fullback. Underestimating him is a big mistake. His lateral movement and balance, instinctive running - oh, he's going to help rock the Browns running game.
-
not a fan of chubb....sony so much better and only a pick higher
However you have to remember Chubb was the starter and pretty well softened up defenses at the start of every game for Sony to work on when they were a little tired. I like Sony better too, but Chubb was just about equal in most mocks/ratings and Sony was already gone so there's that.
EDIT: Both are light years better than Crow of the blind bird tribe. And he will keep those LBs honest so Landry can work the short game.
-
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
-
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.
A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.
Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
-
I like chubb. He's a good player. That knee injury from a few years ago is what scares me. I don't think people realized how bad it was and the fact he was able to come back is super impressive. I think he is a one contract guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
does tj also work on boners
-
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
does tj also work on boners
-
I don't get the people who are say we could have traded back 10 spots and still picked player x. Maybe, but did we land a good player? I think most of us agree that Chubb and Ward are great prospects so I dont consider then reaches. Thomas and Corbett on the other hand look like bad picks.
The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.
A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.
Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!
The real issue is could you have made better use of your #1 and #4 picks IF you knew for sure you were going for Mayfield and Ward. Two top 5 picks are rare and valuable and no team would ever jump ahead of you to grab those two players UNLESS you just could not take the chance.
A #1 pick in the draft alone is worth a LOT to a motivated team, just see trades throughout draft history.
Mayfield and Ward might be good picks, those two plus more R1 and top R2 is better. This will be debated for years now as the best/worst moves in the 2018 NFL Draft.....you can bet on that!
You think Ward would have made it past Tampa? I don't. You only have 2 teams to negotiate with if that's your guy. I don't think Indy was wanting to give up picks this draft and Denver was trying to move back until Chubb fell to them. It just had to be done this way if they wanted him to wear brown and orange. Imho.
-
Modern medical care is amazing compared to even a few decades ago, players are rehabbing stronger than they were before their what used to be catastrophic injuries.
Other sports too, TJ surgery is now almost routine and expected and pitchers can come back better.
does tj also work on boners
-
remember to tell Duke to Hyde his Chubb
-
To those who think "reach" on Chubb, by the time our next pick came up the only back available near that first group of RBs was Freeman from Oregon. All the others including the fallen Guice were gone. We only traded up once in this draft, so would we have done so to get one of the best in an area of such high need? I don't know but based on Dorsey's history, I doubt it.
Just thank your lucky stars we got a really serious RB. He and Hyde have improved the RB room better than any other position on this team. That can only help our other majorly improved QB position. Between those two positions and some competition to push the WR's, we have helped this team start winning games on a more regular basis. I'm calling it now 5-8 wins. The off season and the draft are putting something on the field we can get behind for a change.
-
To those who think "reach" on Chubb, by the time our next pick came up the only back available near that first group of RBs was Freeman from Oregon. All the others including the fallen Guice were gone. We only traded up once in this draft, so would we have done so to get one of the best in an area of such high need? I don't know but based on Dorsey's history, I doubt it.
Just thank your lucky stars we got a really serious RB. He and Hyde have improved the RB room better than any other position on this team. That can only help our other majorly improved QB position. Between those two positions and some competition to push the WR's, we have helped this team start winning games on a more regular basis. I'm calling it now 5-8 wins. The off season and the draft are putting something on the field we can get behind for a change.
He and Hyde have improved the RB room better than any other position on this team.
Hope that's not true... cause QB...
-
Maybe I should have used the words "immediately improved". QB will take some time with the new guy and the "transfers". Those RBs will be getting those 1st downs from day one.
-
RBs can both play on down 1 game 1. Mayfield will not likely do so. So we have 1 QB playing right away far better than those 3, but we have two new RBs far better than that unproductive group last year. Two guys who can consistently move the chains and help the QBs hit the short passes by keeping LBs honest. And they both have the vision to see the lateral holes that Crow was incapable of seeing. That combination will keep the defense off the field enough so they don't lose their edge in the latter part of the game. We have the line to play keepaway and now the backs running behind them to execute it. This season is gonna be fun to watch.
-
I knew what he meant - the rb's can be stars from game one.
It will take time for Mayfield to see the field - not sure he can beat out Taylor for a while.
-
Chubb will beat out Hyde quickly, just needs to make sure he is not a liability on 3rd down passing. Not saying he is, just hope he will be goos at it. With our stable of rbs and wrs now, where does that leave Duke? He played slot alot last year and now we have Landry. Going to be interesting.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
