Skip to content

Austin Corbett

The Browns Board
85 23 2.9k
  • Some sites have him listed as a center. I don't like this pick with so many higher rated players on the board. Can't complain too much I like 3 of the 4 picks

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Some sites have him listed as a center. I don't like this pick with so many higher rated players on the board. Can't complain too much I like 3 of the 4 picks

    Another need to pick Brown's really needed a back up help at center and guard and of course he could move to a starting job if Tretter or Zeitler failAnother need to pick Brown's really needed a back up help at center and guard and of course he could move to a starting job if Tretter or Zeitler fail

  • He started 2 seasons at LT at Nevada.. he's the first crack at replacing JT.

  • The draft guide I have compares him to former Browns OL John Greco...

    Corbett might compare to former John Greco, who played tackle for the Toledo Rockets but did so with a frame better suited to guard, leaving as a four-year standout just like Corbett. 

  • I do not know Sheet about the guy,but can he play ? if so we allways need o-lineman cause as some wise man said it all starts up front

  • Not sure why we reached on him.

  • Not sure why we reached on him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not sure why we reached on him.

    Curious move, fo shizzle. 

  • Not sure why we reached on him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not sure why we reached on him.

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not sure why we reached on him.

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    Corbett is more versatileCorbett is more versatile

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not sure why we reached on him.

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    They must see him as a C or OT is all I can figure, not a G.

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

  • HOU just took Rankins... smh

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    ExactlyExactly

  • @hoorta said:

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    Corbett is more versatileCorbett is more versatile

    @the-gipper said:

    Corbett is more versatile. 

    I hope he's better at versatility than Salt & Peppers...  

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    If you are right, it's a bad pick. 

  • Someone to unseat Tretter?

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    But like a kickàss guard? I mean, first pick of round 2 worthy? There was a bit of a run on interior O line guys in the first round, which l thought was surprising. 

    I get Nelson who is viewed as generational talent and all. But under normal circumstances, isn’t if your are going Guard p1 of r2, isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

  • @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    But like a kickàss guard? I mean, first pick of round 2 worthy? There was a bit of a run on interior O line guys in the first round, which l thought was surprising. 

    I get Nelson who is viewed as generational talent and all. But under normal circumstances, isn’t if your are going Guard p1 of r2, isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    @ibleedbrown said:

    isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

    @tour2ma said:

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

    We will see. Here is to hoping he will be the staple at lt for years to come.