Skip to content

Austin Corbett

The Browns Board
85 23 2.9k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not sure why we reached on him.

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    They must see him as a C or OT is all I can figure, not a G.

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

  • HOU just took Rankins... smh

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    ExactlyExactly

  • @hoorta said:

    Hernandez went one pick later....  🙁  

    Corbett is more versatileCorbett is more versatile

    @the-gipper said:

    Corbett is more versatile. 

    I hope he's better at versatility than Salt & Peppers...  

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    If you are right, it's a bad pick. 

  • Someone to unseat Tretter?

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    But like a kickàss guard? I mean, first pick of round 2 worthy? There was a bit of a run on interior O line guys in the first round, which l thought was surprising. 

    I get Nelson who is viewed as generational talent and all. But under normal circumstances, isn’t if your are going Guard p1 of r2, isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

  • @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    But like a kickàss guard? I mean, first pick of round 2 worthy? There was a bit of a run on interior O line guys in the first round, which l thought was surprising. 

    I get Nelson who is viewed as generational talent and all. But under normal circumstances, isn’t if your are going Guard p1 of r2, isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    @ibleedbrown said:

    isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    isn’t that guy at minimum the second best Guard in the draft?  

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Joe Thomas has 33" arm length as well. Not saying he is Joe or he will be a good left tackle. He was not over drafted, hell from what I have  been reading, he is a beast and is a diamond im the rough. We will see. If anything, he can play 5 spots.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

    @tour2ma said:

    No... that honor was Will Hernandez's (UTEP)...

    And third in my book was Isaiah Wynn (UGA).

    4th? Getting warm, but I thought it was close between Corbett and  Auburn's Braden Smith.

    There are always exceptions... I don't see Corbett being one of them.

    Top of the 2nd is a place to draft starters. Corbett ain't starting at OT or OG. Center? Maybe he competes there, but Tretter really came on last year.

    We will see. Here is to hoping he will be the staple at lt for years to come.

  • We all seem to think Corbett was drafted to possibly be the LT of the future, but a lot of people seem to think that while he was a tackle in college, he probably projects as a guard in the pros. (Just like fellow Nevada player Joel Bitonio) 

    Maybe he wasn't brought in to replace Thomas, but instead one of the existing guards? Dorsey holds no allegiance to either. 

  • Why would Bitonio and Zeitler even be thought of as potential replacements? 

    Both excellent players on big contracts 

  • Why would Bitonio and Zeitler even be thought of as potential replacements? 

    Both excellent players on big contracts 

    @londonbrown said:

    Why would Bitonio and Zeitler even be thought of as potential replacements? 

    Both excellent players on big contracts 

    I agree, but I'm not John Dorsey.

    Hell, Corbett played center at the Senior Bowl. Maybe Dorsey doesn't care for Tretter?

    The scouting theme on Corbett is that he projects as an interior lineman in the pros, even if he played tackle in college. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Why would Bitonio and Zeitler even be thought of as potential replacements? 

    Both excellent players on big contracts 

    I agree, but I'm not John Dorsey.

    Hell, Corbett played center at the Senior Bowl. Maybe Dorsey doesn't care for Tretter?

    The scouting theme on Corbett is that he projects as an interior lineman in the pros, even if he played tackle in college. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I agree, but I'm not John Dorsey.

    Hell, Corbett played center at the Senior Bowl. Maybe Dorsey doesn't care for Tretter?

    The scouting theme on Corbett is that he projects as an interior lineman in the pros, even if he played tackle in college. 

    Eliot Wolf said he's a tackle and a guard and the coaches will work out where to put him...

    Maybe they will get out of Zeitler's contract in 2019 where they have an out, he will be 30 then

  • We all seem to think Corbett was drafted to possibly be the LT of the future, but a lot of people seem to think that while he was a tackle in college, he probably projects as a guard in the pros. (Just like fellow Nevada player Joel Bitonio) 

    Maybe he wasn't brought in to replace Thomas, but instead one of the existing guards? Dorsey holds no allegiance to either. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    We all seem to think Corbett was drafted to possibly be the LT of the future, but a lot of people seem to think that while he was a tackle in college, he probably projects as a guard in the pros. (Just like fellow Nevada player Joel Bitonio) 

    Maybe he wasn't brought in to replace Thomas, but instead one of the existing guards? Dorsey holds no allegiance to either. 

    Whadayamean... we?

  • This pick very much makes me think they are moving Bitonio to LT. I cant see another reason for this pick that high in round 2.  It is either that or they truly believe this kid can play LT. 

  • This pick very much makes me think they are moving Bitonio to LT. I cant see another reason for this pick that high in round 2.  It is either that or they truly believe this kid can play LT. 

    @jcam222 said:

    This pick very much makes me think they are moving Bitonio to LT. I cant see another reason for this pick that high in round 2.  It is either that or they truly believe this kid can play LT. 

    Bitonio himself is on record saying he is a guard in the NFL, not a tackle. He is not moving to LT. 

    So the Browns must think Corbett can stay at tackle, when scouts seem to think he should move to guard. (Like Bitonio did)

  • I said it elsewhere. Could it be Coleman is definitely going to LT and Corbett is slated for RT? I suspect so.