Skip to content

Austin Corbett

The Browns Board
85 23 2.9k
  • @bob806 said:

    I heard on the radio that this kid fits into Haley's run blocking/zone blocking schemes perfectly; we shall see.

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    What would be wrong with that?  Hasn't it worked in Pisstown for a long time?

  • @bob806 said:

    I heard on the radio that this kid fits into Haley's run blocking/zone blocking schemes perfectly; we shall see.

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    Well, that's what Hyde just came from.  Georgia runs some zone concepts.  Doesn't mean we exclusively have to go one way or another.  Case in point - New Orleans.  Errr... sorry, Nawlins. 

  • @bob806 said:

    I heard on the radio that this kid fits into Haley's run blocking/zone blocking schemes perfectly; we shall see.

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh Lord... please tell me we are not heading back to the ZBS again.

    Is that what Haley ran in Pittsburgh?

  • https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/7/16523738/2017-opponent-scouting-report-week-10-steelers-offense-theyre-probably-not-going-to-punt

    You’re well aware Haley and Mike Munchak run a mix of power and zone schemes. The Steelers leaned on a lot of Counter OF, the famous Georgia Counter that ripped off so many chunk yards in 2014. Steelers often run this out of a heavy personnel. Can have one or two tight ends to the playside with the backside guard (BSG), usually right guard David DeCastro, pull in conjunction with the backside tight end.

  • Nice article Logic.

  • I heard on the radio that this kid fits into Haley's run blocking/zone blocking schemes perfectly; we shall see.

    Face it folks- our O line last year was pretty good at pass protection, but wasn't very good at run blocking. The Browns are bringing in a bunch of competition to camp at many positions in hopes it pays dividends. 

    @bob806 said:

    I heard on the radio that this kid fits into Haley's run blocking/zone blocking schemes perfectly; we shall see. 

    @logicisforsquares said:

    https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/7/16523738/2017-opponent-scouting-report-week-10-steelers-offense-theyre-probably-not-going-to-punt

    You’re well aware Haley and Mike Munchak run a mix of power and zone schemes. The Steelers leaned on a lot of Counter OF, the famous Georgia Counter that ripped off so many chunk yards in 2014. Steelers often run this out of a heavy personnel. Can have one or two tight ends to the playside with the backside guard (BSG), usually right guard David DeCastro, pull in conjunction with the backside tight end.

    Good post logic..these so called versatile O-lineman need to come to the pros and settle in on one position first.Cam Erving found out he's only versatile as a back-up G in KC. Paid no 5th year option to earn his actual worth. In this play scheme G Will Hernandez just makes more sense imo & was BPA on the board. Am still clueless why we would be drafting a G anyway. My best guess on A. Corbett is,say so long to Durango or S.Coleman..Maybe back-up C Reiter as well..    

  • I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't see Corbett at OT...

    • Williams' arm-length at 33" became an issue. Corbett's? 33-1/8"
    • Williams' 7.83 sec. 3-cone was testament to his feet. Corbett's? 7.87...

    He ain't Bito... looks like inside depth to me...

    It'll be interesting to see how Coleman responds.  If Bitonio didn't get 2 seasons cut short to lower extremity injuries - I could see them throwing him into the competition. That said, it would be nice to keep both OGs and Center in place while we look to change starting personnel at both Tackle spots. I feel like we've missed some opportunities to add some better blocking TEs in the last couple drafts.

    Anyway, here's a draft profile of Austin.

  • If the other four lineman stay healthy, the only place Corbett emerges is at LT. I think he takes on Coleman for the role, and I'd bet on the current GMs second rounder over the former GMs 3rd rounder every time.

    Zombo

  • If the other four lineman stay healthy, the only place Corbett emerges is at LT. I think he takes on Coleman for the role, and I'd bet on the current GMs second rounder over the former GMs 3rd rounder every time.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    ... I'd bet on the current GMs second rounder over the former GMs 3rd rounder every time.

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

  • Zombo said:

    ... I'd bet on the current GMs second rounder over the former GMs 3rd rounder every time.

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

    @tour2ma said:

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    Z

  • @tour2ma said:

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    Z

    Cut her from team Zombo. Poor attitude.😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    Not to get side tracked here but how do I get more info on this?

  • Zombo said:

    Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    Not to get side tracked here but how do I get more info on this?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not to get side tracked here but how do I get more info on this?

    When it gets closer we will post details. But basically we all meet at tailgate spot down by the river and party and play cornhole. 

    Many of us fly in for it, and party on the town, catch a Tribe game etc. I think it will be a long tailgate with a night game!

    Z

  • @tour2ma said:

    I feel a New Orleans (Nawlins) bet brewing...

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    At least your girlfriend has a real job.... 😉

    OK, I think I can do Cleveland.

    Week 1 LT starter: Me - Shon Coleman; Z - Corbett...

    Dinner? Game Tix? Other? What's your pleasure?

  • Zombo said:

    I'm in on the bet, but don't think I am making the Nawlins game. It is the weekend before the Jets Thursday Night Game which has been chosen as the Browns Board Tailgate this year.

    If I didn't have a girlfriend with a real job I would make it a fun week and do both, but I do (as of this writing).

    At least your girlfriend has a real job.... 😉

    OK, I think I can do Cleveland.

    Week 1 LT starter: Me - Shon Coleman; Z - Corbett...

    Dinner? Game Tix? Other? What's your pleasure?

    @tour2ma said:

    At least your girlfriend has a real job.... 😉

    OK, I think I can do Cleveland.

    Week 1 LT starter: Me - Shon Coleman; Z - Corbett...

    Dinner? Game Tix? Other? What's your pleasure?

    Hmmm ... let me think was the pri,e shall be ...

    Caveat: If Corbett is starting somewhere else along the line due to injury it is a push.

    Zombo.

  • @tour2ma said:

    At least your girlfriend has a real job.... 😉

    OK, I think I can do Cleveland.

    Week 1 LT starter: Me - Shon Coleman; Z - Corbett...

    Dinner? Game Tix? Other? What's your pleasure?

    Hmmm ... let me think was the pri,e shall be ...

    Caveat: If Corbett is starting somewhere else along the line due to injury it is a push.

    Zombo.

    Zombo said:

    Hmmm ... let me think was the pri,e shall be ...

    Caveat: If Corbett is starting somewhere else along the line due to injury it is a push.

    It'd be really weird if a team pulled it's starting LT inside for any reason, but if we cut Reiter loose and Tretter goes down, then I could see it.

    If either Coleman or Corbett go down due to injury, I'd call it a push as well.

    Prize-wise... I can afford most anything except your bar tab...

  • @tour2ma said:

    At least your girlfriend has a real job.... 😉

    OK, I think I can do Cleveland.

    Week 1 LT starter: Me - Shon Coleman; Z - Corbett...

    Dinner? Game Tix? Other? What's your pleasure?

    Hmmm ... let me think was the pri,e shall be ...

    Caveat: If Corbett is starting somewhere else along the line due to injury it is a push.

    Zombo.

    Zombo said:

    Hmmm ... let me think was the pri,e shall be ...

    Caveat: If Corbett is starting somewhere else along the line due to injury it is a push.

    Zombo.

    Better accept his offer asap Z.  Tour has a tendency to chicken out on simple bets.  I offered to bet  him lunch that Mason Rudolph would be picked in round one.  He was convinced he would not be....and he was right....but he would not take the bet for such small stakes. If I were you I WOULD hold out for your bar tab for that weekend.