Skip to content

Overall Draft Reaction... your thoughts?

The Browns Board
71 28 2.9k
  • For me Walter Football has always been a joke.  They've reinforced that here by calling the Browns draft "homoclitic" and claiming that it should have been "heteroclitic" instead.  JFC -You're writing for football fans, not high school kids studying for the SATs.  Know your audience!

    @suomi said:

    For me Walter Football has always been a joke.  They've reinforced that here by calling the Browns draft "homoclitic" and claiming that it should have been "heteroclitic" instead.  JFC -You're writing for football fans, not high school kids studying for the SATs.  Know your audience!

    I always keep in the back of my mind when I read anything these sports writers are paid to meet deadlines, beat the other guys on topics, sometimes just to be contriversional not necessarily correct.

    It keeps the very crowded sports reporting world full of opinions!

    .......edit add, oh there are a few I do like.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Callaway 5'11" ran a 4.41 40, BJ 121.0 in. and Vert. 34.0 in.

    Ratley 6'2" ran 4.39 40, BJ 124.0 in. and Vert 38 in.

    Those are serious numbers for our two WR takes in the draft. Dorsey likes speed and ability to go after the ball. You sure can't sneeze at 4.4 speed.

    I wonder how they compare to Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman's numbers when they were drafted?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder how they compare to Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman's numbers when they were drafted?

    JG 6'3" ran 4.52 40, BJ 122 in. and Vert. 35.5 in.

    CC 5'11" ran 4.40 40, BJ 129 in. and Vert. 40.5 in.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder how they compare to Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman's numbers when they were drafted?

    JG 6'3" ran 4.52 40, BJ 122 in. and Vert. 35.5 in.

    CC 5'11" ran 4.40 40, BJ 129 in. and Vert. 40.5 in.

    @texasag1969 said:

    JG 6'3" ran 4.52 40, BJ 122 in. and Vert. 35.5 in.

    CC 5'11" ran 4.40 40, BJ 129 in. and Vert. 40.5 in.

    You left out one key stat JG hands of velcro, CC hands of stone. 

  • First thing we do is shut hue jackson up with his slob knobbing of baker mayfield...take a page out of belichecks book and stfu!!!

    i can figure out who to shut up more...HJ or Ghool sample

  • Honest opinion..So much evaluation time was spent on the QB parade coming & going ending up back again at Berea. That the firm of Wolfe & Highsmith sole job was to have 3 players names ready per round starting in round 4.Dorsey than had his own visited troubled list to project to those players chosen by W&H . A)Baker became my #1 after all prodays..At the visiting period, Baker is the only QB I could see "Wanting to 'really' Win in Cleveland" like Dorsey motivates. Far more than Rosen or Darnolds bland energy of interviewing that I picture.Took Baker in pick 6. B)Ward became my #4 pick as posted in Barkley at 1 overall topic. Seen every B.Chubb game. Position gap at CB #1 far larger than Chubb Vs. Ogbah. C)RB N.Chubb became my #2 of RB class after comparing his combine numbers to Barkley. N. Chubb surpassed Sony Michel as my #1 Rb after posting RB class fumble ratios//With pick #33 my hopes were, getting up to #18 with Seattle to go get big Mike McGlinchy. Giving Shaq Griffin to Seattle at #33. Well Big Mike went #9 to 49'ers..no chance..So to whom ever this Austin Corbett is to become..Try being better than Mike McGlinchy..      

  • On calloway- this guy isn't your typical 'character' problem guy.  By most accounts he is a BAD APPLE.  I follow sec football pretty closely, and I cant recall

    many players who have his sorts of character issues.  He isn't the kind of player who gets caught up in the wrong crowd; he IS the wrong crowd.

  • I see potential bust with every pick.

  • Another group of picks being coached by the worst head coach of all time.  What could go wrong?

  • I see potential bust with every pick.

    @lbc-mike said:

    I see potential bust with every pick.

    I see potential busts with every player taken in the draft...thing is we wont know for 3 years ....

  • On calloway- this guy isn't your typical 'character' problem guy.  By most accounts he is a BAD APPLE.  I follow sec football pretty closely, and I cant recall

    many players who have his sorts of character issues.  He isn't the kind of player who gets caught up in the wrong crowd; he IS the wrong crowd.

    Overall Draft Reaction

    I usually just grab a sweater.

    @tacosman said:

    On calloway- this guy isn't your typical 'character' problem guy.  By most accounts he is a BAD APPLE. .....  He isn't the kind of player who gets caught up in the wrong crowd; he IS the wrong crowd.

    Really!  I'm not familiar with him.  So you're thinking that's a guaranteed wasted pick then.  And that there's some potential Gordon will tag along with him for the ride.....

  • Another group of picks being coached by the worst head coach of all time.  What could go wrong?

    @browns149 said:

    Another group of picks being coached by the worst head coach of all time.  What could go wrong?

    Have you ever coached or ever played the game? Now with Haley in place. It's very possible Hue can now fix a few things with his time..A)team more game tape prepared for weekly opponents. B.) And Biggest.Players Executing their assignments..For every play there is 2-3 players/boners not doing their assignment. These are when you saw Cam Erving laying in the QB's lap in QB's drop. And when at a RB exchange RB gets blasted.. C.) Most are position coaches not doing their jobs teaching techniques. But some players just suck at taking teaching of technique seriously being a pro. Those players get a phone call to your GM asking for better talent..Good coachable Talent can win accepting being Coached..Hue's best position coach at this point is our DL coach Clyde Simmons.. 

  • the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it.  

    We selected a qb #1 overall who is 6 feet, not that athletic, has a decent but not great arm....when we could have drafted rosen or darnold.

    I like our pick at #4, but could we have gotten him some picks later?

    Austin Corbett at 33 is a bad joke.  So he's going to compete for maybe the center starting job? wtf? Did we draft him 33 or 233?

    Nick chubb at 35 is a crappy pick....he has no burst.  Good kid, just the inury killed him.

    Chad thomas...who?

    Antonio Calloway is perhaps the least character player in the whole draft.  Has like 6 red flag incidents....the sort of guy an organization should want nothing to do with.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The first five picks, the most important picks, warrant exactly what he said.

    Yeah not quite. He took an alcoh9lic Retard #1 overall. That isn't a "high character" player anymore than Callaway or the other drug addled loser he took late in the draft. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    Yeah not quite. He took an alcoh9lic Retard #1 overall. That isn't a "high character" player anymore than Callaway or the other drug addled loser he took late in the draft. 

    An alcoholic Retard was taken in this draft?  I didn't know your name was on the Big Board.

  • I see potential bust with every pick.

    @lbc-mike said:

    I see potential bust with every pick.

    All 256 picks.  Yes.   Except Mr. Irrelevent.   He will make it big! 😆

  • Think about all the past drafts in which we thought that the Browns killed it....thought they hit home runs out of the park all over the place.

    Now think about this draft where the comments are:  Meh,   each pick seems reachy.    X player sucks, Y player sucks, Z player sucks.

    So, maybe that is a good sign:   we amateurs think that the Browns did meh...

    ....and hopefully, in fact....5 years down the road this draft proves to have been a killer draft.  Opposite of what many think.

  • Think about all the past drafts in which we thought that the Browns killed it....thought they hit home runs out of the park all over the place.

    Now think about this draft where the comments are:  Meh,   each pick seems reachy.    X player sucks, Y player sucks, Z player sucks.

    So, maybe that is a good sign:   we amateurs think that the Browns did meh...

    ....and hopefully, in fact....5 years down the road this draft proves to have been a killer draft.  Opposite of what many think.

    @the-gipper said:

    Think about all the past drafts in which we thought that the Browns killed it....thought they hit home runs out of the park all over the place.

    Now think about this draft where the comments are:  Meh,   each pick seems reachy.    X player sucks, Y player sucks, Z player sucks.

    So, maybe that is a good sign:   we amateurs think that the Browns did meh...

    ....and hopefully, in fact....5 years down the road this draft proves to have been a killer draft.  Opposite of what many think.

    So we are all George "The Opposite" Costanza?😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Think about all the past drafts in which we thought that the Browns killed it....thought they hit home runs out of the park all over the place.

    Now think about this draft where the comments are:  Meh,   each pick seems reachy.    X player sucks, Y player sucks, Z player sucks.

    So, maybe that is a good sign:   we amateurs think that the Browns did meh...

    ....and hopefully, in fact....5 years down the road this draft proves to have been a killer draft.  Opposite of what many think.

    So we are all George "The Opposite" Costanza?😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    So we are all George "The Opposite" Costanza?😆

    As in:  when we think we got it right we actually got it wrong, and when we think we got it wrong we actually got it right?

    Been there a few times, yes.

  • the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it.  

    We selected a qb #1 overall who is 6 feet, not that athletic, has a decent but not great arm....when we could have drafted rosen or darnold.

    I like our pick at #4, but could we have gotten him some picks later?

    Austin Corbett at 33 is a bad joke.  So he's going to compete for maybe the center starting job? wtf? Did we draft him 33 or 233?

    Nick chubb at 35 is a crappy pick....he has no burst.  Good kid, just the inury killed him.

    Chad thomas...who?

    Antonio Calloway is perhaps the least character player in the whole draft.  Has like 6 red flag incidents....the sort of guy an organization should want nothing to do with.

    Still working on my take, but I think it's safe to say that we did not win this draft.

    @tacosman said:

    the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it. 

    Woulda, shoulda, coulda will drive you crazy...

    Do yourself a favor and at least wait until the pro data starts flowing.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The first five picks, the most important picks, warrant exactly what he said.

    Yeah not quite. He took an alcoh9lic Retard #1 overall. That isn't a "high character" player anymore than Callaway or the other drug addled loser he took late in the draft. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    Yeah not quite. He took an alcoh9lic Retard #1 overall. That isn't a "high character" player anymore than Callaway or the other drug addled loser he took late in the draft. 

    One drunk and disorderly bust in college does not make someone an alcoholic. As to being a Retard, he blew Marrucci away with his white board work at the Combine. Had a respectable Wunderlich, if you want to call a prospect a Retard, that's Jackson's 8. 

  • the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it.  

    We selected a qb #1 overall who is 6 feet, not that athletic, has a decent but not great arm....when we could have drafted rosen or darnold.

    I like our pick at #4, but could we have gotten him some picks later?

    Austin Corbett at 33 is a bad joke.  So he's going to compete for maybe the center starting job? wtf? Did we draft him 33 or 233?

    Nick chubb at 35 is a crappy pick....he has no burst.  Good kid, just the inury killed him.

    Chad thomas...who?

    Antonio Calloway is perhaps the least character player in the whole draft.  Has like 6 red flag incidents....the sort of guy an organization should want nothing to do with.

    @tacosman said:

    the more I think about this draft, the more disgusted I am with it.  

    We selected a qb #1 overall who is 6 feet, not that athletic, has a decent but not great arm....when we could have drafted rosen or darnold.

    I like our pick at #4, but could we have gotten him some picks later?

    Austin Corbett at 33 is a bad joke.  So he's going to compete for maybe the center starting job? wtf? Did we draft him 33 or 233?

    Nick chubb at 35 is a crappy pick....he has no burst.  Good kid, just the inury killed him.

    Chad thomas...who?

    Antonio Calloway is perhaps the least character player in the whole draft.  Has like 6 red flag incidents....the sort of guy an organization should want nothing to do with.

    Too bad for you, then. Pretty much very athletic and durable - well above average arm. Darnold has turnovers problem, and rosen?

    LOL. You have to be kidding. You crab about Mayfield not being athletic..but you wanted ROSEN ? Come on, man.

    http://usatodayhss.com/2018/baker-mayfield-baseball-high-school-nfl-draft

      Little short Mayfield, not my first pick, we all know who my first pick was- is more like 6'1" - Trubisky is only an inch taller.

    Corbett is a kickass run blocker good enough to have played LT - you don't think he'll make a terrific pulling OG ? He CAN play center, but that isn't using all his skills. He is Joel Bitonio, who plays LT. Seriously, I was surprised, but READING and WATCHING, it was a great pick.

    Chad Thomas, here is who:

    http://www.cleveland.com/nfl-draft/index.ssf/2018/04/chad_thomas_get_to_know_the_br.html

    and as much as I am all about character - Calloway does have a daughter - and he wants to make his life now, about making a future for her. The Browns sent people to check him out. Given that, it was a terrific choice to take a chance on a formerly troubled kid, who is probably the best wr in this draft.

    READ:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/04/antonio_callaway_john_dorsey.html