Skip to content

Coincidence?

The Browns Board
20 14 1.8k
  • Phil wants a big offense. High flying, lots of scoring, tons of receivers. Rucker touted to be that. If we're lucky he will be assigned to carry Heidens bags for a while and learn blocking is also very important.

    I'll be surprised to see K2 in a browns uniform next year. Which means I'm practicing my surprise face now. Predictions hardly work for me.

  • Could it also be that there was little pressure applied to the QB all night. The team plays as well as Anderson, and Anderson plays as well as the pressure he is under. If he is hit and sacked (it doesn't have to be a lot as we've seen), he falls apart and so goes the team.

    Now, why was there very little pressure? Was it the blocking of the other two TEs or a result of two teams that either have a weak pass rush (Jax) or just couldn't seem to get going (NYG when we played)?

  • \ said:

    Could it also be that there was little pressure applied to the QB all night. The team plays as well as Anderson, and Anderson plays as well as the pressure he is under. If he is hit and sacked (it doesn't have to be a lot as we've seen), he falls apart and so goes the team.

    Now, why was there very little pressure? Was it the blocking of the other two TEs or a result of two teams that either have a weak pass rush (Jax) or just couldn't seem to get going (NYG when we played)?

    The Giants pass rush looked pretty healthy today. I'm thinking it's our blocking TEs.

  • pressure plays a big part you're right. This line should and normally is giving DA time. Right now he is using that time to make better decisions and with this current receiving corp he has a much better chance versus BE, Sanders and Steptoe.

    We have 9 more games. Without looking at any numbers on the remaining D's we have yet to face... odds are there are at least 3 teams that will give DA fits, meaning our line will have some issues with protection, and/or their secondary will limit his options of open receivers.

    6-3 from here on out only gets us to 9-7 overall. We still miss the playoffs (as I stated in a previous post, predictions don't normally work out for me so here's hoping I'm wrong)!

  • You could make several agruments for or against Winslow but you can't deny that the offense has had a better flow to it in the last two games he has missed. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

  • I disagree glen.... imagine that I think beating Jacksonville today head to head at their stadium 9-7 gives us a wildcard spot against a team that we will be competing against for that spot.

  • I personally like the idea of winslow on the field when we get down in the redzone, an area we're not too good in right now.

  • \ said:

    I disagree glen.... imagine that I think beating Jacksonville today head to head at their stadium 9-7 gives us a wildcard spot against a team that we will be competing against for that spot.

    I don't think JAX will be in the wildcard race. The team I saw today really didn't look that good. I'm expecting the Colts to regroup and claim one of the wildcards. I think the other wildcard is coming out of the AFC East (Bills or Pats). Steeler's loss tonight helps us, but only marginally, we still have to go through both them AND BAL. That's a big hill to climb, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that this team will be consistent enough to go 6-3 or 7-2 down the stretch.

  • While I think K2 is easily the best RECEIVING TE we could ever want...I think that our other TE's provide more of a matchup problem.

    They can stay in and block and really generate a great pass protection and give a push for our running attack...or they can fake protection/block and go out in routes. While K2 can do that...nobody believes he is staying in so he is not accounted for in those cases. They just wait for him to release into his routes. With Heiden/Dinkins...they HAVE to respect their pass protection and therefore they don't get the same pass coverage...which allows them to get the mismatch when they do release into a route.

    K2, by his lack of blocking skills and desire, has limited himself to a route runner and has in effect taken away a lot of the mismatches he could get if his blocking was better.

    With that said, Jax doesn't have a pass rush anyway...but Heiden still looks great.

  • I like Heiden, and if he played the rest of the way it wouldn't bother me.

    That said, I don't believe that by playing Winslow we somehow play worse or he in some way has a negative impact on our performance.....so yes, coincidence.

  • No coincidence. We are a better team without K2. There's a lot less whining and a lot better blocking when he's not playing. It'll be interesting to see how RAC handles the K2 situation going forward.

  • I agree. K2 would be fine at slot reciever, and if he's there it doesn't matter as much that he isn't a very good blocker. Besides, Heiden is amazing, doesn't drop the ball, and you never hear about him outside of the games.