Draftday Re-Do, By You
-
Numerous times we hear "We should have Drafted that Guy" ABOUT WEEK 2!!.. Football junkies call it now. So.. we had Two 1st(1/4). Two Seconds(33/35).One 3rd,4th,5th(67,105,150).Two 6th(175,188). Here's a site where players got chosen.. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/28/17294748/2018-nfl-draft-order-rounds-4-7 no cheats..only take your player chosen BEFORE Player Was Off The Board as Clevelands GM.(huge advange).Feel free to edit till Camp starts.Your picks must be locked in by Browns full member Training Camp..Good Luck, to All Gm's!
-
Good idea, I'm not going to do it though, because once these guys become Browns I support them too much.
Mayfield was gaining fast on Darnold for me, and now that we picked him ... it seems perfect. I like him better as the face of the franchise and I'm starting to think he'll do better on the field as well.
Good luck to Barkley, but I basically don't care what he does now when he's not playing us. Fuck New York ... they got our sloppy seconds.
Zombo
-
Good idea, I'm not going to do it though, because once these guys become Browns I support them too much.
Mayfield was gaining fast on Darnold for me, and now that we picked him ... it seems perfect. I like him better as the face of the franchise and I'm starting to think he'll do better on the field as well.
Good luck to Barkley, but I basically don't care what he does now when he's not playing us. Fuck New York ... they got our sloppy seconds.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Good idea, I'm not going to do it though, because once these guys become Browns I support them too much.
Mayfield was gaining fast on Darnold for me, and now that we picked him ... it seems perfect. I like him better as the face of the franchise and I'm starting to think he'll do better on the field as well.
Good luck to Barkley, but I basically don't care what he does now when he's not playing us. Shmuck New York ... they got our sloppy seconds.
Zombo
And now that it is obvious that the Browns organization sees Ogbah back to his pre-injury level, I'm fine with Ward at CB instead of Chubb on the other end from Garrett. It will be fun to watch this team with all their injured defensive starters out there at 100% at the same time. And Brantley is quickly turning into a steal in my book.
-
Zombo said:
Good idea, I'm not going to do it though, because once these guys become Browns I support them too much.
Mayfield was gaining fast on Darnold for me, and now that we picked him ... it seems perfect. I like him better as the face of the franchise and I'm starting to think he'll do better on the field as well.
Good luck to Barkley, but I basically don't care what he does now when he's not playing us. Shmuck New York ... they got our sloppy seconds.
Zombo
And now that it is obvious that the Browns organization sees Ogbah back to his pre-injury level, I'm fine with Ward at CB instead of Chubb on the other end from Garrett. It will be fun to watch this team with all their injured defensive starters out there at 100% at the same time. And Brantley is quickly turning into a steal in my book.
And now that it is obvious that the Browns organization sees Ogbah back to his pre-injury level, I'm fine with Ward at CB instead of Chubb on the other end from Garrett. It will be fun to watch this team with all their injured defensive starters out there at 100% at the same time. And Brantley is quickly turning into a steal in my book.
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
-
And now that it is obvious that the Browns organization sees Ogbah back to his pre-injury level, I'm fine with Ward at CB instead of Chubb on the other end from Garrett. It will be fun to watch this team with all their injured defensive starters out there at 100% at the same time. And Brantley is quickly turning into a steal in my book.
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
And next year's draft is loaded with D linemen far better than this weak class in that area. Same for OTs as well.
-
Numerous times we hear "We should have Drafted that Guy" ABOUT WEEK 2!!.. Football junkies call it now. So.. we had Two 1st(1/4). Two Seconds(33/35).One 3rd,4th,5th(67,105,150).Two 6th(175,188). Here's a site where players got chosen.. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/28/17294748/2018-nfl-draft-order-rounds-4-7 no cheats..only take your player chosen BEFORE Player Was Off The Board as Clevelands GM.(huge advange).Feel free to edit till Camp starts.Your picks must be locked in by Browns full member Training Camp..Good Luck, to All Gm's!
Numerous times we hear "We should have Drafted that Guy" ABOUT WEEK 2!!.. Football junkies call it now. So.. we had Two 1st(1/4). Two Seconds(33/35).One 3rd,4th,5th(67,105,150).Two 6th(175,188). Here's a site where players got chosen.. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/28/17294748/2018-nfl-draft-order-rounds-4-7 no cheats..only take your player chosen BEFORE Player Was Off The Board as Clevelands GM.(huge advange).Feel free to edit till Camp starts.Your picks must be locked in by Browns full member Training Camp..Good Luck, to All Gm's!
The only way this is a good idea is if we go back to the years between 2013 and 2015...and "Re-do" those drafts
-
And now that it is obvious that the Browns organization sees Ogbah back to his pre-injury level, I'm fine with Ward at CB instead of Chubb on the other end from Garrett. It will be fun to watch this team with all their injured defensive starters out there at 100% at the same time. And Brantley is quickly turning into a steal in my book.
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
Remember that they also acquired ....I think his name is Chris Smith...as FA....to add depth to the DL. He too is a DE.
I think then they are apparently very satisfied with the likes of Coley, Brantly, Ogunjobi, and Meder at DT.
The only area I am still iffy about is OLB. Chad Thomas is listed as a DE. Genard as an ILB. I thought we needed help there that we did not get....unless either of those guys make the transition to OLB.
-
Numerous times we hear "We should have Drafted that Guy" ABOUT WEEK 2!!.. Football junkies call it now. So.. we had Two 1st(1/4). Two Seconds(33/35).One 3rd,4th,5th(67,105,150).Two 6th(175,188). Here's a site where players got chosen.. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/28/17294748/2018-nfl-draft-order-rounds-4-7 no cheats..only take your player chosen BEFORE Player Was Off The Board as Clevelands GM.(huge advange).Feel free to edit till Camp starts.Your picks must be locked in by Browns full member Training Camp..Good Luck, to All Gm's!
The only way this is a good idea is if we go back to the years between 2013 and 2015...and "Re-do" those drafts
The only way this is a good idea is if we go back to the years between 2013 and 2015...and "Re-do" those drafts
It would be too easy, nausea inducing, and would certainly have affected the '16- '18 drafts. Getting those right would mean no top 10 picks in those years. Just '13 and '14 we passed on Le'veon Bell, Kahlil Mack, and Odell Beckham for starters.
-
The only way this is a good idea is if we go back to the years between 2013 and 2015...and "Re-do" those drafts
It would be too easy, nausea inducing, and would certainly have affected the '16- '18 drafts. Getting those right would mean no top 10 picks in those years. Just '13 and '14 we passed on Le'veon Bell, Kahlil Mack, and Odell Beckham for starters.
-
Going to be interesting to see what develops redrafting in the absence of trades which was my biggest disappointment. However, the reported interest in our earliest picks was surprisingly low.
- Note 1: Very quickly I am learning that the way the draft fell it is not easy to just slide in players I liked better... at least not early.
- Note 2: Included actual draft slots for changes I made to track length of "reach" the way the draft fell.
Tour's Redraft...
1.01
MayfieldRosen (QB, 1.10) - gotta stay with my guy1.04 Ward (CB, 1.04) - no reason to change, but if Mayfield was still there, and the odds of him being there are good, then calls from AZ and NE among others would have been taken.
2.01
Corbett (OL)Josh Jackson (CB, 2.13) doubling up on CBs early might not seem prudent, but in a very good CB class like this one, I go this way.2.03
N. Chubb (RB)DJ Chark (WR, 2.29) - my WR3.03
C. Thomas (DL)Justin Reid (FS, 3.04) - our new FS from GB might be the guy, but why risk all on him with this bargain starring you in the face.4.05
Callaway (WR)Mo Hurst (DT, 5.03) - last chance to land my improvement over Chad Thomas and since I don't need a WR here anymore...5.13 Avery (ILB) - I'm good here...
6.01
RatleyDylan Cantrell (WR, 6.17) - I like my WR better than Ratley... and Callaway.6.14
ThomasJustin Jackson (RB, 7.33) - longest reach of my substitution draft, but it is what it is.I think the only area where I did not make a pick that our FO did, was the OL. Combo of being fine with Shon Coleman and liking our UDFA p/u, Harrison, and the stronger 2019 OT class kept me from reaching one of my guys.
Interesting exercise and much tougher than I thought going in...
-
Gip just means it wasn't his idea...
How many times have I said that doing grading is worthless. Unless it is 3-5 years down the road.
And certainly doing a "Re-do" of this past draft was not my idea.
The fact that it is such a bad idea could have told you that.
Maybe doing a "Re-do" of those 3-5 year old drafts would be a better exercise.
-
Going to be interesting to see what develops redrafting in the absence of trades which was my biggest disappointment. However, the reported interest in our earliest picks was surprisingly low.
- Note 1: Very quickly I am learning that the way the draft fell it is not easy to just slide in players I liked better... at least not early.
- Note 2: Included actual draft slots for changes I made to track length of "reach" the way the draft fell.
Tour's Redraft...
1.01
MayfieldRosen (QB, 1.10) - gotta stay with my guy1.04 Ward (CB, 1.04) - no reason to change, but if Mayfield was still there, and the odds of him being there are good, then calls from AZ and NE among others would have been taken.
2.01
Corbett (OL)Josh Jackson (CB, 2.13) doubling up on CBs early might not seem prudent, but in a very good CB class like this one, I go this way.2.03
N. Chubb (RB)DJ Chark (WR, 2.29) - my WR3.03
C. Thomas (DL)Justin Reid (FS, 3.04) - our new FS from GB might be the guy, but why risk all on him with this bargain starring you in the face.4.05
Callaway (WR)Mo Hurst (DT, 5.03) - last chance to land my improvement over Chad Thomas and since I don't need a WR here anymore...5.13 Avery (ILB) - I'm good here...
6.01
RatleyDylan Cantrell (WR, 6.17) - I like my WR better than Ratley... and Callaway.6.14
ThomasJustin Jackson (RB, 7.33) - longest reach of my substitution draft, but it is what it is.I think the only area where I did not make a pick that our FO did, was the OL. Combo of being fine with Shon Coleman and liking our UDFA p/u, Harrison, and the stronger 2019 OT class kept me from reaching one of my guys.
Interesting exercise and much tougher than I thought going in...
Going to be interesting to see what develops redrafting in the absence of trades which was my biggest disappointment. However, the reported interest in our earliest picks was surprisingly low.
- Note 1: Very quickly I am learning that the way the draft fell it is not easy to just slide in players I liked better... at least not early.
- Note 2: Included actual draft slots for changes I made to track length of "reach" the way the draft fell.
Tour's Redraft...
1.01
MayfieldRosen (QB, 1.10) - gotta stay with my guy1.04 Ward (CB, 1.04) - no reason to change, but if Mayfield was still there, and the odds of him being there are good, then calls from AZ and NE among others would have been taken.
2.01
Corbett (OL)Josh Jackson (CB, 2.13) doubling up on CBs early might not seem prudent, but in a very good CB class like this one, I go this way.2.03
N. Chubb (RB)DJ Chark (WR, 2.29) - my WR3.03
C. Thomas (DL)Justin Reid (FS, 3.04) - our new FS from GB might be the guy, but why risk all on him with this bargain starring you in the face.4.05
Callaway (WR)Mo Hurst (DT, 5.03) - last chance to land my improvement over Chad Thomas and since I don't need a WR here anymore...5.13 Avery (ILB) - I'm good here...
6.01
RatleyDylan Cantrell (WR, 6.17) - I like my WR better than Ratley... and Callaway.6.14
ThomasJustin Jackson (RB, 7.33) - longest reach of my substitution draft, but it is what it is.I think the only area where I did not make a pick that our FO did, was the OL. Combo of being fine with Shon Coleman and liking our UDFA p/u, Harrison, and the stronger 2019 OT class kept me from reaching one of my guys.
Interesting exercise and much tougher than I thought going in...
Keep this thread for 4 years from now...and see then how it turns out.
-
Are we allowed to use trades or just the picks that we made?
-
Are we allowed to use trades or just the picks that we made?
Are we allowed to use trades or just the picks that we made?
I think just stick with the picks they originally had.
-
Are we allowed to use trades or just the picks that we made?
Are we allowed to use trades or just the picks that we made?
Trades were already in place.No more trading.Just the picks that we made all 6 rounds at Browns pick..now If you see a player traded FOR after our pick? he's browns grabable
-
Zombo said:
Yeah, seems they are happy with the young guys on the DL, only added a complimentary pass rusher. I know our DTs graded out well last year and they didn't even try to replace Shelton other than with that promising UDFA.
Zombo
Remember that they also acquired ....I think his name is Chris Smith...as FA....to add depth to the DL. He too is a DE.
I think then they are apparently very satisfied with the likes of Coley, Brantly, Ogunjobi, and Meder at DT.
The only area I am still iffy about is OLB. Chad Thomas is listed as a DE. Genard as an ILB. I thought we needed help there that we did not get....unless either of those guys make the transition to OLB.
Remember that they also acquired ....I think his name is Chris Smith...as FA....to add depth to the DL. He too is a DE.
I think then they are apparently very satisfied with the likes of Coley, Brantly, Ogunjobi, and Meder at DT.
The only area I am still iffy about is OLB. Chad Thomas is listed as a DE. Genard as an ILB. I thought we needed help there that we did not get....unless either of those guys make the transition to OLB.
Dorsey said on the radio today that he had outside lb measurables, yet played well inside, so he saw him getting long looks in both spots.
Z
-
Going to be interesting to see what develops redrafting in the absence of trades which was my biggest disappointment. However, the reported interest in our earliest picks was surprisingly low.
- Note 1: Very quickly I am learning that the way the draft fell it is not easy to just slide in players I liked better... at least not early.
- Note 2: Included actual draft slots for changes I made to track length of "reach" the way the draft fell.
Tour's Redraft...
1.01
MayfieldRosen (QB, 1.10) - gotta stay with my guy1.04 Ward (CB, 1.04) - no reason to change, but if Mayfield was still there, and the odds of him being there are good, then calls from AZ and NE among others would have been taken.
2.01
Corbett (OL)Josh Jackson (CB, 2.13) doubling up on CBs early might not seem prudent, but in a very good CB class like this one, I go this way.2.03
N. Chubb (RB)DJ Chark (WR, 2.29) - my WR3.03
C. Thomas (DL)Justin Reid (FS, 3.04) - our new FS from GB might be the guy, but why risk all on him with this bargain starring you in the face.4.05
Callaway (WR)Mo Hurst (DT, 5.03) - last chance to land my improvement over Chad Thomas and since I don't need a WR here anymore...5.13 Avery (ILB) - I'm good here...
6.01
RatleyDylan Cantrell (WR, 6.17) - I like my WR better than Ratley... and Callaway.6.14
ThomasJustin Jackson (RB, 7.33) - longest reach of my substitution draft, but it is what it is.I think the only area where I did not make a pick that our FO did, was the OL. Combo of being fine with Shon Coleman and liking our UDFA p/u, Harrison, and the stronger 2019 OT class kept me from reaching one of my guys.
Interesting exercise and much tougher than I thought going in...
GUMBY's Redraft...
1.01
MayfieldMAYFIELD (QB, 1.10) - BACK TO my guy1.04 Ward (CB, 1.04) - no reason to change check..
2.01
Corbett (OL)Josh Jackson (CB, 2.13) check or Harold Landry/Christian Kirk2.03
N. Chubb (RB)N,CHUBB back to my guy3.03
C. Thomas (DL)Justin Reid (FS, 3.04) or Sam Hubbard4.05
Callaway (WR)Mo Hurst (DT, 5.03) Mo check..guys a steal5.13 Avery (ILB) - I'm good here...also..but 2 tackles options Jamarco Jones/Tyrell Crosby? (still leaning keep pick again)
6.01
RatleyDeon Cain/Equanimeous St.Brown6.14
ThomasMy local guy this draft was WR Braxton Berrios, Drafted by the evil empire Pats. with J.Landry in place? may never happen.. am still working on 6th roundersMuch respect to those holding all those original Browns picks. I tried this exercise last night & honestly I could not change much..Was hoping some of pouting members would post theirs but we shall see..Gip, we all know about the 3-4 year rule on rookies..but does it ever apply to a fan forum board in year 1 if not year 2? of 9 picks i may only move 2 6th & a 4th..Job well done Dorsey & crew
-
1. L. Jackson- QB
4. D. Ward- CB
32. N. Chubb- RB
34. A. Miller- WR
67. M. Cole- C
105. A. Watts- S
150. T. Crosby - T
175. E. St. Brown - WR
188. T. Young -DE
-
Nice idea Gumby. But pretty much I want them to draft the guys that they really want to take. - I wanted Rosen or Darnold. But they really wanted Mayfield, so that's who I want them to have. I mean, we needed a QB real bad...and it's not like Mayfield was a bum...or was a punter or something. They took a QB. The one they liked best.
At the top of round two I was hoping for Connor Williams...but hey, they took a guy somewhat like him.
Round 4 they took an a-hole WR. And they traded up to get him. Rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But he's potentially a really good football player....and we could certainly use a really good WR. So now we have 2 a-hole WR's. We'll see how that works out but I can't fault him for rolling the dice there. I'll only fault him if the guy continues to be an a-hole and they don't cut him because they drafted him.
Go Browns!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login