Skip to content

Browns trade Telfer to the chiefs

The Browns Board
42 19 1.9k
  • @gumby73 said:

    KC may need a new daddy of football operations with the killer schedule they have this season..Run by GM Brett Veach or Andy Reid? Don't know who's running the place but starting with Cam Erving trade & since.KC drafted 3 DT's this draft.😕 Lot riding on Patrick MaHolmes in Chiefs Country.   

    Speak of the devil.

    https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/02/chiefs-wont-pick-up-fifth-year-option-for-cam-erving/

    @texasag1969 said:

    Speak of the devil.

    https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/02/chiefs-wont-pick-up-fifth-year-option-for-cam-erving/

    I wonder if someone out there has a "pancake counter" for Erving during his stay here. I'd have to guess it'd be at least in the low to mid 20's.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Speak of the devil.

    https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/02/chiefs-wont-pick-up-fifth-year-option-for-cam-erving/

    I wonder if someone out there has a "pancake counter" for Erving during his stay here. I'd have to guess it'd be at least in the low to mid 20's.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I wonder if someone out there has a "pancake counter" for Erving during his stay here. I'd have to guess it'd be at least in the low to mid 20's.

    He had an IHOP franchise presented by the other 31 teams for services rendered.😛

  • This is "a shrug the shoulders" type of move. Nicolas doesn't wow you with anything. I wonder what his weight is at because I have no idea where the browns are going to play him. I'm assuming the browns are just taking a flyer on a guy.

  • Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

  • @syd said:

    if i read correctly he has never recorded a tackle and missed all of last year due to injury

    Ahh, he's well rested.  🙂

    I thought I heard today that he was a LB....

    @orion said:

    Ahh, he's well rested.  🙂

    I thought I heard today that he was a LB....

    And probably well read too. 😆

    Hey unlike some previous years the BROWNS are well active this year.

  • Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

    Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

    We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

    We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

    Zombo

  • Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    .......Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

    235, nice size for a professional DE....until he gets knocked on his azz early in the 1st quarter.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Oh boy! A 235 lb. DE!!!

    Not feeling this move. Watch Telfer have a break out season in KC.

    Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

    We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

    We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

    We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

    We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

    IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

    My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

    I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

  • Zombo said:

    Athletic guy, gonna play LB, Dorsey has invested in him before.

    We needed LB depth and Telfer was not going to make the roster barring injury.

    We already brought in one udfa TE, if he doesn't look the part they'll drag someone else in ... but we're set with NoJoke, Fells and DeValve (Just add IMO and Barring Injury to everything I say about the roster of course)

    IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

    My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

    I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

    @tour2ma said:

    IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

    My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

    I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

    I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

    As for Tefler v Fells, I think Todd Haley came to town and said get me a blocking TE that can actually run routes and catch passes because I run some TE passes out of running formations from time to time.

    Tefler has 5 grab in two years. Fells has 31 grabs and 4 TDs over the same period.

    Zombo

  • Oddly enough both guys were picked just a few picks apart in the 6th round in drafts a year apart. 

    Kinda bummed at first thinking Telfer did ok for the Browns as the main blocking TE,  but PFF gave him a poor grade, so l suppose no major loss. 

    Nicolas only credited with 1 pass defended and zero tackles in 11 games, so l suppose he’s the guy that occupies other guys so that other guys can make a play. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    IMO's always go with out saying... and so far your roster-O's/predictions have been pretty spot on... that said...

    My core TE issue is with Fells over Telfer. Did not see that move at the time; I still don't.

    I realize Nicolas will be slotted at OLB. What do you think KC was trying to do with him and how do you think that was going? Only thing I can remember seeing of him was ST and as a NASCAR DE... and that was two years ago. He was PUP'd all last season. So now he's a damaged project... whoopee!

    I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

    As for Tefler v Fells, I think Todd Haley came to town and said get me a blocking TE that can actually run routes and catch passes because I run some TE passes out of running formations from time to time.

    Tefler has 5 grab in two years. Fells has 31 grabs and 4 TDs over the same period.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

    I liked Tefler's youth over the journeyman TE.

    Apparently we are not looking to stand Dadi up...

    Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

    #Browns say trade acquisition Dadi Nicolas, 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, is a defensive end with them, not a linebacker

    12:08 PM - 2 May 2018
  • Zombo said:

    I don't have Dadi making the roster, I think he is just a project that Dorsey doesn't want to let go of yet.

    I liked Tefler's youth over the journeyman TE.

    Apparently we are not looking to stand Dadi up...

    Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

    #Browns say trade acquisition Dadi Nicolas, 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, is a defensive end with them, not a linebacker

    12:08 PM - 2 May 2018

    @tour2ma said:

    I liked Tefler's youth over the journeyman TE.

    Apparently we are not looking to stand Dadi up...

    Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

    #Browns say trade acquisition Dadi Nicolas, 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, is a defensive end with them, not a linebacker

    12:08 PM - 2 May 2018

    Ok then ... maybe he'll add 30 pounds of muscle before camp...

    Z

  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

    Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade


    The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

    Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade


    The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

    @d-bone said:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

    Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade


    The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

    How did Sashi pull this off again? 😆

  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/browns-chiefs-call-off-randall-telfer-dadi-nicolas-trade/

    Browns, Chiefs call off Randall Telfer-Dadi Nicolas trade


    The Browns and Chiefs agreed to a trade earlier this week that would send tight end Randall Telfer to Kansas City in exchange for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, but it won’t be going through.

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, both of whom entered the league as sixth-round picks, they tried to ship elsewhere.

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Telfer has five catches for 40 yards in 30 games over his first two seasons. Nicolas played 11 games in 2016, but did not see any action in 2017 after rupturing his patella tendon late in his rookie year.

    @d-bone said:

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, 

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff...

  • This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

    I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

    I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

    I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

    Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

  • @d-bone said:

    The NFL’s daily transaction wire brings word that the teams have called off the trade. No reason has been given, but both teams will be moving on without the players, 

    The transaction report also shows that the Browns have waived Telfer. The Chiefs did the same with Nicolas.

    Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff...

    @orion said:

    Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff...

    How d hell do both teams just quit on a trade?😕 Seems team physical related leaning towards Nicolas? but we did tell Kwan Williams to play a pre-season game on a broken ankle.. 

  • This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

    I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

    I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

    I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

    Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

    @ghoolie said:

    This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

    I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

    I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

    I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

    Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

    You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

  • @ghoolie said:

    This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

    I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

    I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

    I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

    Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

    You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

    @orion said:

    You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

    I guess there's something to be said about setting the bar low.... 

  • @ghoolie said:

    This goes in the category of "we have a few loose ends with no risk, let's put a dollar in the Megabucks slot machine and who knows, maybe we will hit something. These kinds of trades are like house cleaning, or some such analogy. There is no risk here, You give a guy a chance to make something of himself elsewhere, and you get a chance on a little known player turning out to be something.

    I don't see any downside or great need for analyzing these kinds of things.

    I am optimistic. We have a couple QBs, some Ohio State talent and hell, even a kid from Memphis adding to the pack. I said it before and will say it again, the biggest challenge this team has are discipline, execution, concentration and good decision making. Last year, the lack of those things cost the Browns several wins, maybe as many as 6 - 8. I am not one for " if we only did this... if that call wasn't made.... balh blah blah.............what I am saying is if those aforementioned ingredients are addressed, and THEN we consider some new and better talent, then you have a team that could be respectable.

    I want to see the offense more daring and opportunistic in apparent running downs. Play action, physical block and run football, and hopefully an aggressive D without a center fielder.

    Lots of little stuff that if corrected can give the Browns an entirely new disposition. Man, an opening day win would do so much for the city, team and franchise. I hope this summer lasts forever, but I will welcome the new football season.

    You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

    @orion said:

    You are one phuck of a piece a work.  Most of the time you're a venom spitting, ridiculing ghoul.  But every so often, there are brief periods of time where you actually communicate worthwhile thoughts in a rational manor.  Perhaps it's only when venus is visible brightly in our evening western skies.

    I always ponder which of the two Ghoolies is the on meds version lol. Honestly Ghoolie is the boards version of Morton Downey Jr. shock jock. 99% of his posts are to stir the pot. He breaks out the 1% occasionally to talk football and love the Browns.