Skip to content

Avengers Infinity War review

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
19 6 830
  • A Few matters:

    1. You think that Thanos sounds like a Greek restaurant Steve because Thanos IS a Greek restaurant, right here in Barberton......just up the hill from my office on the east side there, by the Giant Eagle.

    2. The other thing that struck me Steve.....and this will be esoteric to me and Steve.....is that I kept seeing Garry Gray come back to life whenever I saw him.  Garry Gray was a high school classmate of mine and Steve's who was the biggest badass in the county (and he was).   He passed away some years back. 

    3. SPOILER ALERT:    DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE: There were just tons and tons and tons of Marvel Superheros in this movie. In their insatiable lust for money  Marvel/Disney has proliferated all these characters so much to the point that I barely pay attention anymore, and probably only go to see half of these movies.   But if the end of this movies means anything.....it means that we will have a lot fewer of these guys to worry about, won't it.  Of course, I am sure that it will not stop with that. We will have to have the multiplicity of sequels to tell us how all these guys come back to life.......or, at least, we will have to have a series of prequels.

  • IMG_20180509_095426_01.jpg

  • Gipper I am hip to Thanos that's why I mentioned it.

    WSS

  • Gipper I am hip to Thanos that's why I mentioned it.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Gipper I am hip to Thanos that's why I mentioned it.

    WSS

    What about Thanos looking like Garry Gray?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Gipper I am hip to Thanos that's why I mentioned it.

    WSS

    What about Thanos looking like Garry Gray?

    @the-gipper said:

    What about Thanos looking like Garry Gray?

    Know that it's a restaurant in Barberton. He kind of looks like Gary Gray... Not as mean.

  • Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

  • Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

    Magic

    Mr Mxyzptlk ring a bell?

    WSS

  • Also there is green, red, white, gold and blue Kryptonite. Each of them affected him in a different way. I would have to look it up to see exactly which but one will kill him immediately, one only affect plant life on Earth, one will rob him of his powers forever and red Kryptonite affect him in a different way every time but only last for 48 hours

    WSS

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

    Magic

    Mr Mxyzptlk ring a bell?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Magic

    Mr Mxyzptlk ring a bell?

    WSS

    Indeed you are correct 

  • Which is why captain marvel (Shazam) theoretically should be able to whip Superman's azz. Which leads me back into DC and how there's at least five Superman level characters in DC which makes me just bored. Even the hulk has a real weakness. He turns into a nerdy scientist dude whenever he's not raging out. 

  • Which is why captain marvel (Shazam) theoretically should be able to whip Superman's azz. Which leads me back into DC and how there's at least five Superman level characters in DC which makes me just bored. Even the hulk has a real weakness. He turns into a nerdy scientist dude whenever he's not raging out. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Which is why captain marvel (Shazam) theoretically should be able to whip Superman's azz. Which leads me back into DC and how there's at least five Superman level characters in DC which makes me just bored. Even the hulk has a real weakness. He turns into a nerdy scientist dude whenever he's not raging out. 

    I don't disagree with you. I've never said Marvel did not improve upon some characters that they have imitated. Specifically I think DC really dropped the ball with Legion of Superheroes. Could have easily gone down the same lines as the X-Men. But those were simpler times.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    What about Thanos looking like Garry Gray?

    Know that it's a restaurant in Barberton. He kind of looks like Gary Gray... Not as mean.

    @westside-steve said:

    Know that it's a restaurant in Barberton. He kind of looks like Gary Gray... Not as mean.

    Right....Garry Gray was meaner looking.

  • Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Anyone know, without looking it up, what Superman's other main weakness is besides kryptonite?

    Well....based on all the movies I and TV shows I have seen......it was either Lois Lane or Lana Lang.  He was always falling head over heals for them and doing some dumb things.