Skip to content

Best Conceal Carry Pistol

Barber Shop Talk
66 7 2.3k
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)

     

    gun01.jpg

    The Glock 26 was designed for concealed carry. It has a small frame and short barrel that make it easy to hide anywhere on the body – and it also packs the power of 10+1 rounds of 9mm.

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @gumby73 said:

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

    For anyone interested I found this standardized testing of multiple rounds for multiple calibers @ luckygunner.com. Only thing on here I am not sure of is the Cor-bon all-copper PDX for my 9mm because the owner sold out to another company and some testing of the Gen 2 I found on the internet has a little less "spread" diameter than the original, which was one of the very best rounds for 9mm ever created. The Barnes +p round had similar results with a very similar bullet, but you can't just shoot a lot through any handgun not designed for +P  without shortening barrel life. But either is an excellent concealed carry round. 

    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm

  • @gumby73 said:

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

    For anyone interested I found this standardized testing of multiple rounds for multiple calibers @ luckygunner.com. Only thing on here I am not sure of is the Cor-bon all-copper PDX for my 9mm because the owner sold out to another company and some testing of the Gen 2 I found on the internet has a little less "spread" diameter than the original, which was one of the very best rounds for 9mm ever created. The Barnes +p round had similar results with a very similar bullet, but you can't just shoot a lot through any handgun not designed for +P  without shortening barrel life. But either is an excellent concealed carry round. 

    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @texasag1969 said:

    For anyone interested I found this standardized testing of multiple rounds for multiple calibers @ luckygunner.com. Only thing on here I am not sure of is the Cor-bon all-copper PDX for my 9mm because the owner sold out to another company and some testing of the Gen 2 I found on the internet has a little less "spread" diameter than the original, which was one of the very best rounds for 9mm ever created. The Barnes +p round had similar results with a very similar bullet, but you can't just shoot a lot through any handgun not designed for +P  without shortening barrel life. But either is an excellent concealed carry round. 

    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm

    Tex,   I am PMing you those numbers.  Also, FYI...if does have the strap...but no magazines

  • @texasag1969 said:

    For anyone interested I found this standardized testing of multiple rounds for multiple calibers @ luckygunner.com. Only thing on here I am not sure of is the Cor-bon all-copper PDX for my 9mm because the owner sold out to another company and some testing of the Gen 2 I found on the internet has a little less "spread" diameter than the original, which was one of the very best rounds for 9mm ever created. The Barnes +p round had similar results with a very similar bullet, but you can't just shoot a lot through any handgun not designed for +P  without shortening barrel life. But either is an excellent concealed carry round. 

    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm

    Tex,   I am PMing you those numbers.  Also, FYI...if does have the strap...but no magazines

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @the-gipper said:

    Tex,   I am PMing you those numbers.  Also, FYI...if does have the strap...but no magazines

    That's a major plus. Magazines are easier to find normally I think.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tex,   I am PMing you those numbers.  Also, FYI...if does have the strap...but no magazines

    That's a major plus. Magazines are easier to find normally I think.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    That's a major plus. Magazines are easier to find normally I think.

    To be honest with you though....the strap appears to be  American "Army Green"......so it may not be the original German strap that came with the rifle.   But, it is a strap.  

    This looks almost exactly like the rifle I have:

    230616F592%20Very%20nice%20Deactivated%2

    But that is not the strap that it has.

    Though, I did find this photo with a search of Nazi Rifle straps, and this does look a lot like the strap it has: 

    Surplus-Chinese-Army-Rifle-Sling-Strap-3

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Tex, if you PM me a text number, I can send you some photos of what I have.

    I appreciate your help. 

    It would be nice to know a true value....but it may also not be appropriate for me to sell it, but to rather give it to family.  I have one nephew who is very big into guns. Yea, he is a big fuyucking redneck.   We get along great notwithstanding.

    My son has no interest in guns, but he may have interest in an heirloom like this.  

  • Tex, if you PM me a text number, I can send you some photos of what I have.

    I appreciate your help. 

    It would be nice to know a true value....but it may also not be appropriate for me to sell it, but to rather give it to family.  I have one nephew who is very big into guns. Yea, he is a big fuyucking redneck.   We get along great notwithstanding.

    My son has no interest in guns, but he may have interest in an heirloom like this.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    Tex, if you PM me a text number, I can send you some photos of what I have.

    I appreciate your help. 

    It would be nice to know a true value....but it may also not be appropriate for me to sell it, but to rather give it to family.  I have one nephew who is very big into guns. Yea, he is a big fuyucking redneck.   We get along great notwithstanding.

    My son has no interest in guns, but he may have interest in an heirloom like this.  

    I can access the BB on my cell phone and get this stuff up that way. If I run into trouble with that I will let you know. I'll take my username/password to BB with me if I need to go there in person. I'll also take information from the PMs.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tex, if you PM me a text number, I can send you some photos of what I have.

    I appreciate your help. 

    It would be nice to know a true value....but it may also not be appropriate for me to sell it, but to rather give it to family.  I have one nephew who is very big into guns. Yea, he is a big fuyucking redneck.   We get along great notwithstanding.

    My son has no interest in guns, but he may have interest in an heirloom like this.  

    I can access the BB on my cell phone and get this stuff up that way. If I run into trouble with that I will let you know. I'll take my username/password to BB with me if I need to go there in person. I'll also take information from the PMs.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can access the BB on my cell phone and get this stuff up that way. If I run into trouble with that I will let you know. I'll take my username/password to BB with me if I need to go there in person. I'll also take information from the PMs.

    I don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  And I certainly would not want you to make a trip here for no reason.  

    As I said, I do want to know about the value,  but I do feel that I could not sell it without the consent of my Dad's grandchildren who may have an interest in it.  I do feel that I am holding it as a sort of fiduciary, and if there was an objection by one of them that they would want it......or that they may want a right of first refusal on it, I may have to do with that.  I am certain you understand.

    Nevertheless, it may be a possibility.   Thanks for your interest.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can access the BB on my cell phone and get this stuff up that way. If I run into trouble with that I will let you know. I'll take my username/password to BB with me if I need to go there in person. I'll also take information from the PMs.

    I don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  And I certainly would not want you to make a trip here for no reason.  

    As I said, I do want to know about the value,  but I do feel that I could not sell it without the consent of my Dad's grandchildren who may have an interest in it.  I do feel that I am holding it as a sort of fiduciary, and if there was an objection by one of them that they would want it......or that they may want a right of first refusal on it, I may have to do with that.  I am certain you understand.

    Nevertheless, it may be a possibility.   Thanks for your interest.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  And I certainly would not want you to make a trip here for no reason.  

    As I said, I do want to know about the value,  but I do feel that I could not sell it without the consent of my Dad's grandchildren who may have an interest in it.  I do feel that I am holding it as a sort of fiduciary, and if there was an objection by one of them that they would want it......or that they may want a right of first refusal on it, I may have to do with that.  I am certain you understand.

    Nevertheless, it may be a possibility.   Thanks for your interest.

    I'm just interest Gip. And the picture you showed is a bolt action, not automatic or semi-automatic. So is yours bolt action like the one you showed, because that is different from the one I previously linked which was auto or semi-auto?

    I understand about the legacy. I have that Ruger .357 Mag single action I bought after Vietnam that I continue to keep for my son and grandson just because with it my Dad showed me what Annie Oakley must have looked like to amateurs like me. Holy cow my Dad could shoot. Never seen anyone that good before or since.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  And I certainly would not want you to make a trip here for no reason.  

    As I said, I do want to know about the value,  but I do feel that I could not sell it without the consent of my Dad's grandchildren who may have an interest in it.  I do feel that I am holding it as a sort of fiduciary, and if there was an objection by one of them that they would want it......or that they may want a right of first refusal on it, I may have to do with that.  I am certain you understand.

    Nevertheless, it may be a possibility.   Thanks for your interest.

    I'm just interest Gip. And the picture you showed is a bolt action, not automatic or semi-automatic. So is yours bolt action like the one you showed, because that is different from the one I previously linked which was auto or semi-auto?

    I understand about the legacy. I have that Ruger .357 Mag single action I bought after Vietnam that I continue to keep for my son and grandson just because with it my Dad showed me what Annie Oakley must have looked like to amateurs like me. Holy cow my Dad could shoot. Never seen anyone that good before or since.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm just interest Gip. And the picture you showed is a bolt action, not automatic or semi-automatic. So is yours bolt action like the one you showed, because that is different from the one I previously linked which was auto or semi-auto?

    I understand about the legacy. I have that Ruger .357 Mag single action I bought after Vietnam that I continue to keep for my son and grandson just because with it my Dad showed me what Annie Oakley must have looked like to amateurs like me. Holy cow my Dad could shoot. Never seen anyone that good before or since.

    Tex,

    Yes, I believe that it is a bolt action rifle.   I see no indices of semi...or automatic.

    On the other subject,  while I know that my Dad had handguns, I do not ever recall seeing ever firing one.  Rifles and shotguns, but no handguns.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm just interest Gip. And the picture you showed is a bolt action, not automatic or semi-automatic. So is yours bolt action like the one you showed, because that is different from the one I previously linked which was auto or semi-auto?

    I understand about the legacy. I have that Ruger .357 Mag single action I bought after Vietnam that I continue to keep for my son and grandson just because with it my Dad showed me what Annie Oakley must have looked like to amateurs like me. Holy cow my Dad could shoot. Never seen anyone that good before or since.

    Tex,

    Yes, I believe that it is a bolt action rifle.   I see no indices of semi...or automatic.

    On the other subject,  while I know that my Dad had handguns, I do not ever recall seeing ever firing one.  Rifles and shotguns, but no handguns.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #48

    @the-gipper said:

    Tex,

    Yes, I believe that it is a bolt action rifle.   I see no indices of semi...or automatic.

    On the other subject,  while I know that my Dad had handguns, I do not ever recall seeing ever firing one.  Rifles and shotguns, but no handguns.

    This is what you have in that case. An improvement on the G88.

    https://www.forgottenweapons.com/system-luger-18926-bolt-action/

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Colt 1911 .45. Probably not very easy to conceal but the bad guys will probably notice it and not fuk with you.

    ?

    WSS

  • Colt 1911 .45. Probably not very easy to conceal but the bad guys will probably notice it and not fuk with you.

    ?

    WSS

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #50

    @westside-steve said:

    Colt 1911 .45. Probably not very easy to conceal but the bad guys will probably notice it and not fuk with you.

    ?

    WSS

    A lot of cool 1911 looking models in various calibers out there. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Colt 1911 .45. Probably not very easy to conceal but the bad guys will probably notice it and not fuk with you.

    ?

    WSS

    A lot of cool 1911 looking models in various calibers out there. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @mjp28 said:

    A lot of cool 1911 looking models in various calibers out there. 

    My Browning

    WSS

    20180604_205034.jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    A lot of cool 1911 looking models in various calibers out there. 

    My Browning

    WSS

    20180604_205034.jpg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @westside-steve said:

    My Browning

    WSS

    20180604_205034.jpg

    In Texas the LTC (License to Carry) allows you to openly carry anything so that would be fine here. That being said I would never do so because I'd rather it be a "surprise" for any idiot that decides to pull a gun on me. That is also why I purchased a 9mm that looks like a toy. I don't want to be taken seriously until AFTER the first shot.

    That being said I'm jealous of that Browning Steve. Very nice pistol. I'm still sorry my grandfather's Browning 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun went to my younger brother.

  • @westside-steve said:

    My Browning

    WSS

    20180604_205034.jpg

    In Texas the LTC (License to Carry) allows you to openly carry anything so that would be fine here. That being said I would never do so because I'd rather it be a "surprise" for any idiot that decides to pull a gun on me. That is also why I purchased a 9mm that looks like a toy. I don't want to be taken seriously until AFTER the first shot.

    That being said I'm jealous of that Browning Steve. Very nice pistol. I'm still sorry my grandfather's Browning 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun went to my younger brother.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @texasag1969 said:

    In Texas the LTC (License to Carry) allows you to openly carry anything so that would be fine here. That being said I would never do so because I'd rather it be a "surprise" for any idiot that decides to pull a gun on me. That is also why I purchased a 9mm that looks like a toy. I don't want to be taken seriously until AFTER the first shot.

    That being said I'm jealous of that Browning Steve. Very nice pistol. I'm still sorry my grandfather's Browning 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun went to my younger brother.

    I have my grandfather's Iver Johnson shotgun from the late 1800s. Took it to get adjusted and cleaned up but the guy at the gun shop said it would be better off staying on the wall. Also have his Iver Johnson sealed 8 22 pistol.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #54

    20180605_081720.jpg

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In Texas the LTC (License to Carry) allows you to openly carry anything so that would be fine here. That being said I would never do so because I'd rather it be a "surprise" for any idiot that decides to pull a gun on me. That is also why I purchased a 9mm that looks like a toy. I don't want to be taken seriously until AFTER the first shot.

    That being said I'm jealous of that Browning Steve. Very nice pistol. I'm still sorry my grandfather's Browning 20 gauge semi-auto shotgun went to my younger brother.

    I have my grandfather's Iver Johnson shotgun from the late 1800s. Took it to get adjusted and cleaned up but the guy at the gun shop said it would be better off staying on the wall. Also have his Iver Johnson sealed 8 22 pistol.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #55

    @westside-steve said:

    I have my grandfather's Iver Johnson shotgun from the late 1800s. Took it to get adjusted and cleaned up but the guy at the gun shop said it would be better off staying on the wall. Also have his Iver Johnson sealed 8 22 pistol.

    WSS

    My other brother inherited an exterior double hammered 10 gauge shotgun and it has a prominent place on his fireplace mantle. I will be there next month and see exactly who the maker was, but I know it was from around the 1880's or 90's.

    EDIT: They got the guns and the vintage cars and I got the gold ring that has a diamond for each of his 5 kids embedded in it. LOL!?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I have my grandfather's Iver Johnson shotgun from the late 1800s. Took it to get adjusted and cleaned up but the guy at the gun shop said it would be better off staying on the wall. Also have his Iver Johnson sealed 8 22 pistol.

    WSS

    My other brother inherited an exterior double hammered 10 gauge shotgun and it has a prominent place on his fireplace mantle. I will be there next month and see exactly who the maker was, but I know it was from around the 1880's or 90's.

    EDIT: They got the guns and the vintage cars and I got the gold ring that has a diamond for each of his 5 kids embedded in it. LOL!?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #56

    @texasag1969 said:

    My other brother inherited an exterior double hammered 10 gauge shotgun and it has a prominent place on his fireplace mantle. I will be there next month and see exactly who the maker was, but I know it was from around the 1880's or 90's.

    EDIT: They got the guns and the vintage cars and I got the gold ring that has a diamond for each of his 5 kids embedded in it. LOL!?

    OMG an old 10 ga! I remember as a kid being in our attic and picking up a very old 10 ga. single shot shotgun. 

    My dad said don't ever try and shoot that it almost blew up on your Uncle Nick.....I never knew if he was kidding or just keeping me from trying it out.  Mantle gun.

    .......oh my grandfather was born in 1880 I think the gun went way back. The metallurgy wasn't as consistent on everyday pieces back then as it is today.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My other brother inherited an exterior double hammered 10 gauge shotgun and it has a prominent place on his fireplace mantle. I will be there next month and see exactly who the maker was, but I know it was from around the 1880's or 90's.

    EDIT: They got the guns and the vintage cars and I got the gold ring that has a diamond for each of his 5 kids embedded in it. LOL!?

    OMG an old 10 ga! I remember as a kid being in our attic and picking up a very old 10 ga. single shot shotgun. 

    My dad said don't ever try and shoot that it almost blew up on your Uncle Nick.....I never knew if he was kidding or just keeping me from trying it out.  Mantle gun.

    .......oh my grandfather was born in 1880 I think the gun went way back. The metallurgy wasn't as consistent on everyday pieces back then as it is today.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @mjp28 said:

    OMG an old 10 ga! I remember as a kid being in our attic and picking up a very old 10 ga. single shot shotgun. 

    My dad said don't ever try and shoot that it almost blew up on your Uncle Nick.....I never knew if he was kidding or just keeping me from trying it out.  Mantle gun.

    .......oh my grandfather was born in 1880 I think the gun went way back. The metallurgy wasn't as consistent on everyday pieces back then as it is today.

    Old Gramp gave us the same warning that modern ammunition should never be fired through it because it might not hold up. So it's my brother's mantle gun. Looks good up there. Wish I could remember the maker, but my brother is in Europe right now visiting our sister so I have to wait a couple weeks to ask him to take a look.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #58

    Well boys I passed my License to Carry tests yesterday. 100% on the written test but only 231 out of 250 shooting (50 rounds with 5 points each for a generous "bullseye" from short medium and long distance). But not bad considering I had to use reading glasses to see the sights well enough to focus them on the blurry target (LOL).??

    The instructor told me afterwards that most people choose to qualify with longer barreled pistols because they are more accurate from the medium and long distances. I told him since I was carrying that 3 inch barreled pocket pistol "for reals", then I'd better know what I can do with it under at least some stress like qualifying. He told me I could have a longer pistol and carry open with that license and I replied that I was not about to show my cards to anyone up front. He works full time security and open carries with a uniform & badge, so he understood that logic.

    BTW I decided after reviewing all the data to carry the Cor-Bon 9mm +P 115 gr HP cartridge since it is all one piece copper and has the best combination of FBI recommended penetration and "spread" with very large diameter end results without breaking apart. It tests especially well in 3 in barreled pistols.