Skip to content

Best Conceal Carry Pistol

Barber Shop Talk
66 7 2.3k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #1

    I'm about to renew my concealed carry permit here in Texas which I let expire when someone stole my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm. It was a nice sized pistol, but it would jam occasionally at the gun range, so it was not a real loss in terms of a reliable pistol for carry situations. Plus it had a horrible 13 lb trigger pull that would have cost me $100+ to fix. It also had fixed sights so I had to Kentucky windage it by aiming a little low and a lot to the left, so I'm looking for adjustable sights at least for side to side motion. No more Kel-Tecs for me.

    I'm sticking to 9mms and so far I am looking at the Ruger LC9s either pro (only trigger safety) or standard (both trigger and thumb safeties), S&W Shield Compact 3.1 in barrel with and without thumb safety and also maybe even with laser for about $80 more. I'm a little leery of it without laser because the sights are fixed. Ruger has adjustable sights side to side. The Ruger comes with 7 round mag and the S&W with both 7 & 8 rd mags. They both have pinky extensions to the mags so you have a full grip. The range is in the $300-500 range with the Rugers on the lower end. I've had Ruger revolvers and they have proven extremely accurate. I'm keeping my .357 Blackhawk but it's way too big to conceal. Just fun to outshoot "experts" at the range with their little high $$ pistols.😆

    Are there any other conceal/carry 9mms out there any of you might suggest without going over $600?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Just for some general information I watch the Outdoor Channel almost every Wednesday night, the newer guns over the last years are really incredible including the ones you mentioned in a whole sliding scale of prices for most anyone's requirements. 

    ALSO I have bought new pistols, rifles and shotguns and occasionally a few used guns over the years from trusted friends or dealers......some like new to save money.

    MidwayUSA Wednesday Night at the Range

    MidwayUSA Wednesday Night at the Range

    7:00 PM - 2:00 AM ET

    SPONSORED BY: MidwayUSA

    The block designed for real gun aficionados! With America’s top firearms experts – and champion shooters like Shootout Lane’s Miculek family – you’ll discover the latest in guns and gear, weapons of the past, present and future, shooting tips and self-defense strategies. We cap it all off with a full hour of Robertson family craziness on Duck Dynasty. Gun lovers – and duck lovers – this is your night!

    The Shows

    7:00 PM Shooting Gallery
    7:30 PM Shootout Lane
    8:00 PM The Best Defense
    8:30 PM American Rifleman
    9:00 PM Shooting USA
    10:00 PM Shooting Gallery
    10:30 PM Shootout Lane
    11:00 PM The Best Defense
    11:30 PM American Rifleman
    12:00 AM Shooting USA
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #3

    Oh just for fun I did a search on the Midway site for concealed carry guns under $ 600.......

    1 - 96 of 2,009 Results for "Concealed carry guns under $600"  😆

    (Oh that includes books, holsters and other neat items.)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Just for fun again on the Cheaper than Dirt site, under $600.....

    Top Results for "concealed carry guns under"
     
    We found 492 item(s) matching your search
     
    All the good names like Sig, Ruger, Colt whatever.
     
     
  • My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    But is it under $600? 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    But is it under $600? 😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mjp28 said:

    But is it under $600? 😆

    You....or your named surrogate...preferably female... can swallow the end of my pistol for under $600.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    But is it under $600? 😆

    You....or your named surrogate...preferably female... can swallow the end of my pistol for under $600.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @the-gipper said:

    You....or your named surrogate...preferably female... can swallow the end of my pistol for under $600.  

    I guarantee it won't be me -but- if you give me $600 I'm sure I can get you a great replacement. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Now back to guns before this gets really weird.  😕

  • @the-gipper said:

    You....or your named surrogate...preferably female... can swallow the end of my pistol for under $600.  

    I guarantee it won't be me -but- if you give me $600 I'm sure I can get you a great replacement. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Now back to guns before this gets really weird.  😕

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #9

    @mjp28 said:

    I guarantee it won't be me -but- if you give me $600 I'm sure I can get you a great replacement. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Now back to guns before this gets really weird.  😕

    No....I get PAID the $600.

    And your participation alone guarantees weirdness.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I guarantee it won't be me -but- if you give me $600 I'm sure I can get you a great replacement. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Now back to guns before this gets really weird.  😕

    No....I get PAID the $600.

    And your participation alone guarantees weirdness.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    No....I get PAID the $600.  😆

    And your participation alone guarantees weirdness.

    Oh yeah I majored in weird in college......but a minor in college architecture. 

    And you get paid $600? Ok, I'm off this thread. Dream on, you're a year younger than me.

  • My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    GirlMini-300x246.jpg

  • I'm about to renew my concealed carry permit here in Texas which I let expire when someone stole my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm. It was a nice sized pistol, but it would jam occasionally at the gun range, so it was not a real loss in terms of a reliable pistol for carry situations. Plus it had a horrible 13 lb trigger pull that would have cost me $100+ to fix. It also had fixed sights so I had to Kentucky windage it by aiming a little low and a lot to the left, so I'm looking for adjustable sights at least for side to side motion. No more Kel-Tecs for me.

    I'm sticking to 9mms and so far I am looking at the Ruger LC9s either pro (only trigger safety) or standard (both trigger and thumb safeties), S&W Shield Compact 3.1 in barrel with and without thumb safety and also maybe even with laser for about $80 more. I'm a little leery of it without laser because the sights are fixed. Ruger has adjustable sights side to side. The Ruger comes with 7 round mag and the S&W with both 7 & 8 rd mags. They both have pinky extensions to the mags so you have a full grip. The range is in the $300-500 range with the Rugers on the lower end. I've had Ruger revolvers and they have proven extremely accurate. I'm keeping my .357 Blackhawk but it's way too big to conceal. Just fun to outshoot "experts" at the range with their little high $$ pistols.😆

    Are there any other conceal/carry 9mms out there any of you might suggest without going over $600?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm about to renew my concealed carry permit here in Texas which I let expire when someone stole my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm. It was a nice sized pistol, but it would jam occasionally at the gun range, so it was not a real loss in terms of a reliable pistol for carry situations. Plus it had a horrible 13 lb trigger pull that would have cost me $100+ to fix. It also had fixed sights so I had to Kentucky windage it by aiming a little low and a lot to the left, so I'm looking for adjustable sights at least for side to side motion. No more Kel-Tecs for me.

    I'm sticking to 9mms and so far I am looking at the Ruger LC9s either pro (only trigger safety) or standard (both trigger and thumb safeties), S&W Shield Compact 3.1 in barrel with and without thumb safety and also maybe even with laser for about $80 more. I'm a little leery of it without laser because the sights are fixed. Ruger has adjustable sights side to side. The Ruger comes with 7 round mag and the S&W with both 7 & 8 rd mags. They both have pinky extensions to the mags so you have a full grip. The range is in the $300-500 range with the Rugers on the lower end. I've had Ruger revolvers and they have proven extremely accurate. I'm keeping my .357 Blackhawk but it's way too big to conceal. Just fun to outshoot "experts" at the range with their little high $$ pistols.😆

    Are there any other conceal/carry 9mms out there any of you might suggest without going over $600?

    Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)

     

    gun01.jpg

    The Glock 26 was designed for concealed carry. It has a small frame and short barrel that make it easy to hide anywhere on the body – and it also packs the power of 10+1 rounds of 9mm.

    Even with the small frame size, the Glock 26 retains the same width of a full size Glock. This allows the shooter to get a better hold and much more control over the firearm.

    It is a smaller firearm in general, and the internal parts have been moved closer together, but the Glock 26 is still a Glock. It boasts the same proven and well known reliability. With a plant in Symerna Georgia, these fine pistols are being made in the USA as well as being imported from Austria.

    Portability: 4

    Ease of Use: 5

    Weight: 3.5

    Affordability: 2

  • @the-gipper said:

    My best concealed carry pistol sits between my legs.

    GirlMini-300x246.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    GirlMini-300x246.jpg

    I always thought that those things were cute but not totally practical unless maybe you were playing cards in Deadwood, SD.

    I'm basically a revolver guy but some single stack semiautomatic in .380 or 9mm are slick.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm about to renew my concealed carry permit here in Texas which I let expire when someone stole my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm. It was a nice sized pistol, but it would jam occasionally at the gun range, so it was not a real loss in terms of a reliable pistol for carry situations. Plus it had a horrible 13 lb trigger pull that would have cost me $100+ to fix. It also had fixed sights so I had to Kentucky windage it by aiming a little low and a lot to the left, so I'm looking for adjustable sights at least for side to side motion. No more Kel-Tecs for me.

    I'm sticking to 9mms and so far I am looking at the Ruger LC9s either pro (only trigger safety) or standard (both trigger and thumb safeties), S&W Shield Compact 3.1 in barrel with and without thumb safety and also maybe even with laser for about $80 more. I'm a little leery of it without laser because the sights are fixed. Ruger has adjustable sights side to side. The Ruger comes with 7 round mag and the S&W with both 7 & 8 rd mags. They both have pinky extensions to the mags so you have a full grip. The range is in the $300-500 range with the Rugers on the lower end. I've had Ruger revolvers and they have proven extremely accurate. I'm keeping my .357 Blackhawk but it's way too big to conceal. Just fun to outshoot "experts" at the range with their little high $$ pistols.😆

    Are there any other conceal/carry 9mms out there any of you might suggest without going over $600?

    Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)

     

    gun01.jpg

    The Glock 26 was designed for concealed carry. It has a small frame and short barrel that make it easy to hide anywhere on the body – and it also packs the power of 10+1 rounds of 9mm.

    Even with the small frame size, the Glock 26 retains the same width of a full size Glock. This allows the shooter to get a better hold and much more control over the firearm.

    It is a smaller firearm in general, and the internal parts have been moved closer together, but the Glock 26 is still a Glock. It boasts the same proven and well known reliability. With a plant in Symerna Georgia, these fine pistols are being made in the USA as well as being imported from Austria.

    Portability: 4

    Ease of Use: 5

    Weight: 3.5

    Affordability: 2

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #14

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)

     

    gun01.jpg

    The Glock 26 was designed for concealed carry. It has a small frame and short barrel that make it easy to hide anywhere on the body – and it also packs the power of 10+1 rounds of 9mm.

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)

     

    gun01.jpg

    The Glock 26 was designed for concealed carry. It has a small frame and short barrel that make it easy to hide anywhere on the body – and it also packs the power of 10+1 rounds of 9mm.

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gumby73 said:

    X-zactly what wife & Myself carry for 5 years now.Seller wanted $485/gun but got the pair for $900 at a Gun Show in Raleigh,NC..Pin a target to a tree & turn her loose it's like bringing her home a new pair of shoes with a free purse 😎  

    Mr. Glock the guy who basically knew nothing about guns but kind of revolunized the gun business......

    ......too bad, I liked those old blue steel and walnut grip revolvers.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #16

    My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though. 

    I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).

    This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.

    EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.

    Ruger LC9S 9mm Marsala Frame Blued Slide 7 Rounds
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    This is what my sister carries:

    Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    This guy does a good job of selling the Ruger with insight into trigger pull, accuracy and ease of lightness of carry. Sounds like he has a Glock 43 and Glock 26 already and now favors the improved striker fire LC9s. Plus I learned I can get a 9 round mag as well for it. Good selling point as well.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    And backed up by this guy who I know from many of his other videos really knows weapons of all kinds.

  • My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though. 

    I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).

    This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.

    EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.

    Ruger LC9S 9mm Marsala Frame Blued Slide 7 Rounds
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    My son has the Glock 23 4th gen .40 cal. Think I'll go out and fire several rounds through it first. The only disadvantage I see for me personally is that the sights are fixed. That was a problem I had with the Kel-tec..........had to aim to the left to hit center target. I like the Ruger's adjustable sight because I got spoiled by that on my .357 Blackhawk. Once sighted in I never had to use Kentucky windage to be dead on. I'd love to use it as my c/c revolver, but it's longer than most full sized pistols. Sure fun to shoot though. 

    I can get the Glock here for $500 plus tax and the Ruger LC9s Pro for $260 plus tax. (Standard with extra safety features $280).

    This may sound a bit strange, but the Ruger can be gotten at no extra charge in Marsala color for the frame with Blue steel slide. That actually could be an advantage for a second or two if caught in a situation facing someone with a gun in their hand. They might just mistake it for me having a toy pistol in my hand instead of a lethal weapon. It certainly could pass for one.

    EDIT: I will look at the Glock 43 as well. About 3 3/4 ounces less weight that the 26 but 4 less rds in the clip. $450 though so there's that. Thinner and just barely shorter barrel.

    Ruger LC9S 9mm Marsala Frame Blued Slide 7 Rounds

    Pink Tex?  really?????😁