You are starting your own football league
-
100 players per team.
Players are paid in three groups;
- 1,000,000 per year
- 3,000,000 per year
- 5,000,000 per year
Longer season- 24 game season running from June to January, then the Playoffs. I would eliminate the Pre-Season. You could still schedule a scrimmage with another team but that would be a training camp thing and completely volunteer. That would pick up 4 games and then adding another 4 games in July puts us at 24 right there. There would be two bye-weeks.
Every player gets retirement funds for each season they are under contract plus injury compensation.
Better state of the art equipment and possibly even nanosuit like technology- impact absorbing materials.
I wouldn't tone the game back any. If anything I would allow it to be even more physical. Football is played but it's supposed to be like a controlled war. That is what makes it special. It is risky and dangerous but there in lies the glory of it.
*A funny idea I had was giving the Safety or whoever is the antithesis of the QB on the Defense a small like ball orb thing that they could throw to knock down the football in the air.
-
100 players per team.
Players are paid in three groups;
- 1,000,000 per year
- 3,000,000 per year
- 5,000,000 per year
Longer season- 24 game season running from June to January, then the Playoffs. I would eliminate the Pre-Season. You could still schedule a scrimmage with another team but that would be a training camp thing and completely volunteer. That would pick up 4 games and then adding another 4 games in July puts us at 24 right there. There would be two bye-weeks.
Every player gets retirement funds for each season they are under contract plus injury compensation.
Better state of the art equipment and possibly even nanosuit like technology- impact absorbing materials.
I wouldn't tone the game back any. If anything I would allow it to be even more physical. Football is played but it's supposed to be like a controlled war. That is what makes it special. It is risky and dangerous but there in lies the glory of it.
*A funny idea I had was giving the Safety or whoever is the antithesis of the QB on the Defense a small like ball orb thing that they could throw to knock down the football in the air.
100 players per team.
Players are paid in three groups;
- 1,000,000 per year
- 3,000,000 per year
- 5,000,000 per year
Longer season- 24 game season running from June to January, then the Playoffs. I would eliminate the Pre-Season. You could still schedule a scrimmage with another team but that would be a training camp thing and completely volunteer. That would pick up 4 games and then adding another 4 games in July puts us at 24 right there. There would be two bye-weeks.
Every player gets retirement funds for each season they are under contract plus injury compensation.
Better state of the art equipment and possibly even nanosuit like technology- impact absorbing materials.
I wouldn't tone the game back any. If anything I would allow it to be even more physical. Football is played but it's supposed to be like a controlled war. That is what makes it special. It is risky and dangerous but there in lies the glory of it.
*A funny idea I had was giving the Safety or whoever is the antithesis of the QB on the Defense a small like ball orb thing that they could throw to knock down the football in the air.
-
-
Wider hash marks.. like the old days... makes for cool formations and sweet field goals.. like way wider.
weed is legal.. its not performance enhancing. The olympic commitee doesnt even test for it. These guys destroy themselves weekly.
no touchbacks.. have to run it out.
Smaller rosters..maybe encourage playing both ways.
reduce equipment somehow to eliminate injurious play.
No more point of infraction PI. 15 yards max.
Any other ideas?
Is your league trying to one up the NFL for concussions?
Is your league trying to one up the NFL for concussions?
Oh yeah and free legal aid to handle all of the CTE lawsuits.
-
-
Wider hash marks.. like the old days... makes for cool formations and sweet field goals.. like way wider.
weed is legal.. its not performance enhancing. The olympic commitee doesnt even test for it. These guys destroy themselves weekly.
no touchbacks.. have to run it out.
Smaller rosters..maybe encourage playing both ways.
reduce equipment somehow to eliminate injurious play.
No more point of infraction PI. 15 yards max.
Any other ideas?
Wider hash marks.. like the old days... makes for cool formations and sweet field goals.. like way wider.
weed is legal.. its not performance enhancing. The olympic commitee doesnt even test for it. These guys destroy themselves weekly.
no touchbacks.. have to run it out.
Smaller rosters..maybe encourage playing both ways.
reduce equipment somehow to eliminate injurious play.
No more point of infraction PI. 15 yards max.
Any other ideas?
I would probably stick with basic NFL rules (but...no, I would have touchbacks) In fact, I would make it an NFL minor/feeder league:
A. I would allow players to come into the league out of high school....like MLB and NHL......but I would not allow them to "graduate" to the NFL level until they are 2 years out of high school.
B. I would have a 16 team league......one feeder team for each NFL team.
C. I would target the following cities for teams: Portland Or. Sacramento, San Diego, San Antonio, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, Columbus, Memphis, Orlando, Raleigh, Norfolk, Louisville, Hartford, Oklahoma City, Birmingham.
-
One other concept I may consider in conjunction with the creation of the "minor league" teams I have proposed above:
RELEGATION.
Every year, the two NFL teams with the worst record would be relegated to have to play in the new "Minor League".
Of course, the two teams that are elevated to the major league status, would have to give up their players that are less than 2 years in.....but that would be a minor sacrifice to make.
There would be NO MORE "Sucking for Luck" by NFL teams. For a team to elevated, it would have to, of course, be one of the teams with the two best records in that league....or be the two teams that play in the Championship game.
I am sure there would have to be a number of conditions involved....regarding player contracts etc. The English Premier League would have to be looked at as a model for relegation/elevation rules.
-
One other concept I may consider in conjunction with the creation of the "minor league" teams I have proposed above:
RELEGATION.
Every year, the two NFL teams with the worst record would be relegated to have to play in the new "Minor League".
Of course, the two teams that are elevated to the major league status, would have to give up their players that are less than 2 years in.....but that would be a minor sacrifice to make.
There would be NO MORE "Sucking for Luck" by NFL teams. For a team to elevated, it would have to, of course, be one of the teams with the two best records in that league....or be the two teams that play in the Championship game.
I am sure there would have to be a number of conditions involved....regarding player contracts etc. The English Premier League would have to be looked at as a model for relegation/elevation rules.
One other concept I may consider in conjunction with the creation of the "minor league" teams I have proposed above:
RELEGATION.
Every year, the two NFL teams with the worst record would be relegated to have to play in the new "Minor League".
Of course, the two teams that are elevated to the major league status, would have to give up their players that are less than 2 years in.....but that would be a minor sacrifice to make.
There would be NO MORE "Sucking for Luck" by NFL teams. For a team to elevated, it would have to, of course, be one of the teams with the two best records in that league....or be the two teams that play in the Championship game.
I am sure there would have to be a number of conditions involved....regarding player contracts etc. The English Premier League would have to be looked at as a model for relegation/elevation rules.
Awesome Idea from soccer
-
-
Wider hash marks.. like the old days... makes for cool formations and sweet field goals.. like way wider.
weed is legal.. its not performance enhancing. The olympic commitee doesnt even test for it. These guys destroy themselves weekly.
no touchbacks.. have to run it out.
Smaller rosters..maybe encourage playing both ways.
reduce equipment somehow to eliminate injurious play.
No more point of infraction PI. 15 yards max.
Any other ideas?
Wider hash marks.. like the old days... makes for cool formations and sweet field goals.. like way wider.
weed is legal.. its not performance enhancing. The olympic commitee doesnt even test for it. These guys destroy themselves weekly.
no touchbacks.. have to run it out.
Smaller rosters..maybe encourage playing both ways.
reduce equipment somehow to eliminate injurious play.
No more point of infraction PI. 15 yards max.
Any other ideas?
the Olympic committee do test for weed they just have a higher threshold compared to the nfl 0% policy
-
I believe it is 150ng/mL which is pretty heavy usage. From what I have read. My facts are somewhat old as cannabinoids are slowly being added to drug lists... but no one has lost a medal or been banned.. one guy lost his medal but win it back on appeal.
Must be the snowboarders lol
-
The least penalized team gets the ball first in over time.
-
The least penalized team gets the ball first in over time.
The least penalized team gets the ball first in over time.
Or maybe the most penalized team gets the ball?
We'll call it the old Raiders' Rule.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
