June 6th, 1944
-
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.
Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
-
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.
Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
88fingerslewy said:
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
You are right. We should never forget those who served & those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our Country.
Mike
-
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.
Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
88fingerslewy said:
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
Our World War Two Vets are the pure D shit. Don't ever forget it.....fooking ever.....
I served and even as a Cav Scout which is pretty hardcore, but never in my shit life have I ever done anything remotely close to what those sonsabitches did. Warriors man.
-
This is great, I didn't know if anyone started a tribute on this.
but I placed one on the political board
-
The greatest men to ever put on an American service uniform.
I love that generation. It was as Tom Brokaw so eloquently termed, 'The greatest generation".
-
My grandpa was there on that day and the brave men who died for our country are what inspired me to join.
-
88fingerslewy said:
1944- allied forces landed in Normandy.Americans landed on Omaha and Utah
British landed on Sword and Gold
Canadians landed on Juno
Thousands killed and wounded in a matter of hours.
Lest we forget....
Our World War Two Vets are the pure D shit. Don't ever forget it.....fooking ever.....
I served and even as a Cav Scout which is pretty hardcore, but never in my shit life have I ever done anything remotely close to what those sonsabitches did. Warriors man.
-
In one of my hobbies I enjoy memorializing these guys. I build 1/35 scale armor and dioramas.
I build mostly American but do soem German stuff as well. Also modern Israeli stuff.







-
Outstanding man!
-
A few more American WWII AFV's.




Thought mz the pussy and Jewdawg might like these....An Israeli Super Sherman circa 1950's and the original Merkava circa 1980's.





-
Crow, you've been holding out on us. Is that an M1 rifle in the hands of the soldier at the corner of the tank. (first pic)
It's either that or a model 1917. I've got one of each. I'm a collector. Standout work. Appears you've got skills w/ a camera too.
Thanks for sharing!
-
Crow, you've been holding out on us. Is that an M1 rifle in the hands of the soldier at the corner of the tank. (first pic)
It's either that or a model 1917. I've got one of each. I'm a collector. Standout work. Appears you've got skills w/ a camera too.
Thanks for sharing!
Crow, you've been holding out on us. Is that an M1 rifle in the hands of the soldier at the corner of the tank. (first pic)
It's either that or a model 1917. I've got one of each. I'm a collector. Standout work. Appears you've got skills w/ a camera too.
Thanks for sharing!
It is a M1 and a BAR. I'm not a WWII gun expert though so hopefully I gave them the right weapons. The trick was adding the slings to both weapons.
Thanks so much for the compliment. It's tedious work but a labor of love. I started it in appreciation of those great guys who fought for us and I have got better through the years.
-
Crow, you've been holding out on us. Is that an M1 rifle in the hands of the soldier at the corner of the tank. (first pic)
It's either that or a model 1917. I've got one of each. I'm a collector. Standout work. Appears you've got skills w/ a camera too.
Thanks for sharing!
It is a M1 and a BAR. I'm not a WWII gun expert though so hopefully I gave them the right weapons. The trick was adding the slings to both weapons.
Thanks so much for the compliment. It's tedious work but a labor of love. I started it in appreciation of those great guys who fought for us and I have got better through the years.
It is a M1 and a BAR. I'm not a WWII gun expert though so hopefully I gave them the right weapons. The trick was adding the slings to both weapons.
Thanks so much for the compliment. It's tedious work but a labor of love. I started it in appreciation of those great guys who fought for us and I have got better through the years.
I believe you've got the period weapons right. There was 4-5 different rifles in use by US forces in WWII. The M-1, 1903, M-1 carbine, Thompson submachinegun, M3 "greasegun", BAR, and sniper variants of 1903s.
What did you end up using for the slings?
Thanks again.
-
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
-
Hey Crow, nice work man!
Just a question for you though, I'm big into anything military and before a knee injury in football I was pretty much dead set on becoming a Marine. Anyway, I'm just wondering, do you build those models from scratch or is there a place where you can buy kits?
Thanks in advance and again, amazing work.

-
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
Hope we're not too far off topic here.
Had a polish made m44 a few years back. The 7.62x54r round approaches the .30-06 ballistically. The m44 was a carbine version (or short rifle) of the m91 Nagant. In that short barrel, the
powder was still burning long after the bullet was long gone. Big muzzle flash, and a report that can "wake up people in the next county". The stock design probably didn't help much to limit kick either. Makes you
wonder what the russians were thinking. I'm sure they had a need for it though. Makes for an interesting day at the shooting range.

-
Hey Crow, nice work man!
Just a question for you though, I'm big into anything military and before a knee injury in football I was pretty much dead set on becoming a Marine. Anyway, I'm just wondering, do you build those models from scratch or is there a place where you can buy kits?
Thanks in advance and again, amazing work.

Hey Crow, nice work man!
Just a question for you though, I'm big into anything military and before a knee injury in football I was pretty much dead set on becoming a Marine. Anyway, I'm just wondering, do you build those models from scratch or is there a place where you can buy kits?
Thanks in advance and again, amazing work.

The dio base and most of the stuff on them are all all scratch built using a variety of stuff.
The tanks are kits made by several different companies. Most kits will have 150 to 400 pieces to them. It takes me a month to six weeks to build, paint and weather a tank.
Thanks so much for the kind words. Again, I was inspired by the efforts of great men.
-
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
I haven't ever shot that but I'm not a huge gun guy. I own a Remington 870 for deer season and a Savage 30-06 and thats all I've ever shot. Well, the M16 and M50 while in the army. I also carried the M203 during the first gulf war.
I want so badly to shoot a M1 someday....And a Thompson.
-
nice models there oldcrow, speaking of old WWII weapons have you ever shot an pld russian m44?
I picked one up at a gun show a few years back and we cleaned it up, when breaking it down inside of the wood it was caked with old dried up blood. It really made you realize what you were holding in your hands.
Boy, that thing will give you a kick when shooting it.
I haven't ever shot that but I'm not a huge gun guy. I own a Remington 870 for deer season and a Savage 30-06 and thats all I've ever shot. Well, the M16 and M50 while in the army. I also carried the M203 during the first gulf war.
I want so badly to shoot a M1 someday....And a Thompson.
I haven't ever shot that but I'm not a huge gun guy. I own a Remington 870 for deer season and a Savage 30-06 and thats all I've ever shot. Well, the M16 and M50 while in the army. I also carried the M203 during the first gulf war.
I want so badly to shoot a M1 someday....And a Thompson.
I could kick myself, a few years back a dealer at the local gun show had some Thompsons for sale for only $400. what a buy. Instead I was purchased an old remington 58 shotgun.

-
Here's the last few I'll bore ya with. Thank God for these brave Sherman crews.





The next to last one is a German 251/9 infantry support Halftrack followed by a captured Russian armored car now in Nazi service.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login