Skip to content

Browns selected for Hard Knocks

The Browns Board
56 27 2.4k
  • 1) I totally called this months ago...HBO can't write a better script. A team that went 0-16, but kept it's embattled coach. An owner that is/was in a legal entanglement with his billion dollar company. A #1 pick, eclectic DE prospect, a #1 qb pick whom is incredibly charismatic battling a proven veteran whom was brought into win and a recovering addict whom might have to take over a mentorship role with a teammate. Come on...it's perfect

    2) I wonder what is going to happen with "Building the Browns"...it had a similar vibe but was produced by the Browns

    3) Rumor has it that they are going to begin filming June 1 in the Huey "cleansing" of the waters

  • 1) I totally called this months ago...HBO can't write a better script. A team that went 0-16, but kept it's embattled coach. An owner that is/was in a legal entanglement with his billion dollar company. A #1 pick, eclectic DE prospect, a #1 qb pick whom is incredibly charismatic battling a proven veteran whom was brought into win and a recovering addict whom might have to take over a mentorship role with a teammate. Come on...it's perfect

    2) I wonder what is going to happen with "Building the Browns"...it had a similar vibe but was produced by the Browns

    3) Rumor has it that they are going to begin filming June 1 in the Huey "cleansing" of the waters

    @bigalow80 said:

    1) I totally called this months ago...HBO can't write a better script. A team that went 0-16, but kept it's embattled coach. An owner that is/was in a legal entanglement with his billion dollar company. A #1 pick, eclectic DE prospect, a #1 qb pick whom is incredibly charismatic battling a proven veteran whom was brought into win and a recovering addict whom might have to take over a mentorship role with a teammate. Come on...it's perfect

    2) I wonder what is going to happen with "Building the Browns"...it had a similar vibe but was produced by the Browns

    3) Rumor has it that they are going to begin filming June 1 in the Huey "cleansing" of the waters

    Born Again Browns? 

  • Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

  • Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    @stillmotion said:

    Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    The guys on Movin' The Chains program NFL radio totally agree. They say the Browns don't need drama with an FO/coaching staff and team on the hot seat, they need time behind the scenes to forge themselves into the really good team that can be had from all the really good changes in players and staff that have taken place since the end of last season. They say not to expect a playoff team, but certainly a team that can and will win on any given Sunday.

  • Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    @stillmotion said:

    Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

     

    So let me understand what you are saying. You are saying " now that we drafted a QB, and the oher picks and signings, the only thing remaining for the Browns to get to the SB was to be selected for Hard Knocks? hat is the final piece? Okay, if you say so, then yeassssss.

  • In other news, Browns fans were selected for Hard Liquor.

  • Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    @stillmotion said:

    Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    @ghoolie said:

    In other news, Browns fans were selected for Hard Liquor.

    But wait, There maybe a Motivational Speaker 😆 

    Cuyahoga River Van's can't get HBO  

  • sydS syd

    average win total for teams that have been on hard knocks is 7,5

    @syd said:

    average win total for teams that have been on hard knocks is 7,5

    Ive been saying 8 at least is doable.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I wonder why so late?  Do they just air once or multiple times?  I've never watched.

    I *think* they air it more than once, but I have several HBO channels on my DirecTV so I'm not entirely sure. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    Dammit, this is the last thing we need.

    Don't want all that rifraff and attention.

    The guys on Movin' The Chains program NFL radio totally agree. They say the Browns don't need drama with an FO/coaching staff and team on the hot seat, they need time behind the scenes to forge themselves into the really good team that can be had from all the really good changes in players and staff that have taken place since the end of last season. They say not to expect a playoff team, but certainly a team that can and will win on any given Sunday.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The guys on Movin' The Chains program NFL radio totally agree. They say the Browns don't need drama with an FO/coaching staff and team on the hot seat, they need time behind the scenes to forge themselves into the really good team that can be had from all the really good changes in players and staff that have taken place since the end of last season. They say not to expect a playoff team, but certainly a team that can and will win on any given Sunday.

    I don't think HBO hanging around is gonna make a bit of difference. I mean it's not like these guys aren't in front of cameras all the time the way it is. I could be wrong tho.

  • O Ous

    @texasag1969 said:

    The guys on Movin' The Chains program NFL radio totally agree. They say the Browns don't need drama with an FO/coaching staff and team on the hot seat, they need time behind the scenes to forge themselves into the really good team that can be had from all the really good changes in players and staff that have taken place since the end of last season. They say not to expect a playoff team, but certainly a team that can and will win on any given Sunday.

    I don't think HBO hanging around is gonna make a bit of difference. I mean it's not like these guys aren't in front of cameras all the time the way it is. I could be wrong tho.

    @ous said:

    I don't think HBO hanging around is gonna make a bit of difference. I mean it's not like these guys aren't in front of cameras all the time the way it is. I could be wrong tho.

    Yes I heard on the radio that the guy from the Texans said it was no big deal and you actually hardly notice them being in the building so... I would imagine that most of the drama Etc is going to come from the editing room. Kind of like Bar Rescue for professional sports.

    WSS

  • Heard Kirksey on sirius radio friday..He says with Landry, Peppers,Mayfield in the room they will get plenty. but add in trash talkin Howard Wilson to the group with Gregg Williams on the field, The cast of Hard Knocks will need to follow us to Church Sunday Morning..Kirksey's only worry was, his family members seeing what really goes on behind the walls & on practice field..    

  • Heard Kirksey on sirius radio friday..He says with Landry, Peppers,Mayfield in the room they will get plenty. but add in trash talkin Howard Wilson to the group with Gregg Williams on the field, The cast of Hard Knocks will need to follow us to Church Sunday Morning..Kirksey's only worry was, his family members seeing what really goes on behind the walls & on practice field..    

    @gumby73 said:

    Heard Kirksey on sirius radio friday..He says with Landry, Peppers,Mayfield in the room they will get plenty. but add in trash talkin Howard Wilson to the group with Gregg Williams on the field, The cast of Hard Knocks will need to follow us to Church Sunday Morning..Kirksey's only worry was, his family members seeing what really goes on behind the walls & on practice field..    

    Is Howard Wilson a trash talker?

    I have never seen him play football, I have no idea what he looks like, but he seems to have a cult following amongst Browns fans.

    I'll never forget the day I accidentally left him off the depth chart, the backlash was severe.

    I think I need to revive the Tank Carder thread to counteract this growing Howard Wilson movement.

    Zombo

  • @gumby73 said:

    Heard Kirksey on sirius radio friday..He says with Landry, Peppers,Mayfield in the room they will get plenty. but add in trash talkin Howard Wilson to the group with Gregg Williams on the field, The cast of Hard Knocks will need to follow us to Church Sunday Morning..Kirksey's only worry was, his family members seeing what really goes on behind the walls & on practice field..    

    Is Howard Wilson a trash talker?

    I have never seen him play football, I have no idea what he looks like, but he seems to have a cult following amongst Browns fans.

    I'll never forget the day I accidentally left him off the depth chart, the backlash was severe.

    I think I need to revive the Tank Carder thread to counteract this growing Howard Wilson movement.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Is Howard Wilson a trash talker?

    I have never seen him play football, I have no idea what he looks like, but he seems to have a cult following amongst Browns fans.

    I'll never forget the day I accidentally left him off the depth chart, the backlash was severe.

    I think I need to revive the Tank Carder thread to counteract this growing Howard Wilson movement.

    Zombo

    Howard Wilson?    That name sounds more like he should be some Dad from a 50s/60s  TV situation comedy.   Or like Dennis the Menace's old man neighbor.

    ( I know what it is:  I am combining Mr. Cunningham from Happy Days.....Howard...with Mr. Wilson.)

    60175619?size=1024x576

  • @gumby73 said:

    Heard Kirksey on sirius radio friday..He says with Landry, Peppers,Mayfield in the room they will get plenty. but add in trash talkin Howard Wilson to the group with Gregg Williams on the field, The cast of Hard Knocks will need to follow us to Church Sunday Morning..Kirksey's only worry was, his family members seeing what really goes on behind the walls & on practice field..    

    Is Howard Wilson a trash talker?

    I have never seen him play football, I have no idea what he looks like, but he seems to have a cult following amongst Browns fans.

    I'll never forget the day I accidentally left him off the depth chart, the backlash was severe.

    I think I need to revive the Tank Carder thread to counteract this growing Howard Wilson movement.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Is Howard Wilson a trash talker?

    I have never seen him play football, I have no idea what he looks like, but he seems to have a cult following amongst Browns fans.

    I'll never forget the day I accidentally left him off the depth chart, the backlash was severe.

    I think I need to revive the Tank Carder thread to counteract this growing Howard Wilson movement.

    Zombo

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article-Howard-Wilson-intends-to-be-on-Browns-field-for-OTAs-coming-back-from-injury-118244816  247sports hates my laptop Z. but if ya find this^^ on their site? It's the best interview read on Wilson in a long time.. 

  • HBO casting Clevelanders for Cleveland Browns 'Hard Knocks'

    Show the world what the city of Cleveland is all about.
     
    Author: WKYC
    Published: 3:19 PM EDT June 6, 2018
    Updated: 11:45 PM EDT June 6, 2018

    CLEVELAND -- Are you a diehard Cleveland Browns fan?

    Do you want to show the world your dedication to the Dawg Pound and your city?

    7d485255-cb0c-4a5a-9f1c-c5bf8727b699_360x203.jpg
     
     

    HBO's Hard Knocks is looking for you.

    The show is looking to cast both diehard fans and "real people, not actors."

    Those hoping to be cast as a fan will participate in filming June 11-12, likely at the Browns training facility in Berea.

    Interested fans must be at least 18 years old and should email [email protected] with a subject line of "Hard Knocks." Include your name, location, height and phone number. Describe yourself as a fan and include two to three photos of yourself wearing Browns gear.

    Fans chosen will receive $323 per day.

    The show is also casting local workers for filming June 13-14 in various Cleveland locations. Those selected will receive $400 to work a 12-hour day.

    The show is looking to cast the following:

    • Motorcycle police x 2 or 4
    • Firefighter x 2
    • Dog walker
    • Hall of Fame Window Washer
    • Dock Worker
    • Welder
    • Butcher
    • Glass installer x 2

    Those interested in being casted should send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "BACKGROUND FOR HARD KNOCKS."

    Include your name, the role for which you're applying, a photo of yourself and any applicable equipment and your work background.

  • I'm so confused...

    If 'Hard Knocks' is basically a documentary, why would they need to cast cops, firefighters, dock workers, glass installers?

    Just go around Cleveland and film those people.

  • I coulda been a contender.

  • HBO casting Clevelanders for Cleveland Browns 'Hard Knocks'

    Show the world what the city of Cleveland is all about.
     
    Author: WKYC
    Published: 3:19 PM EDT June 6, 2018
    Updated: 11:45 PM EDT June 6, 2018

    CLEVELAND -- Are you a diehard Cleveland Browns fan?

    Do you want to show the world your dedication to the Dawg Pound and your city?

    7d485255-cb0c-4a5a-9f1c-c5bf8727b699_360x203.jpg
     
     

    HBO's Hard Knocks is looking for you.

    The show is looking to cast both diehard fans and "real people, not actors."

    Those hoping to be cast as a fan will participate in filming June 11-12, likely at the Browns training facility in Berea.

    Interested fans must be at least 18 years old and should email [email protected] with a subject line of "Hard Knocks." Include your name, location, height and phone number. Describe yourself as a fan and include two to three photos of yourself wearing Browns gear.

    Fans chosen will receive $323 per day.

    The show is also casting local workers for filming June 13-14 in various Cleveland locations. Those selected will receive $400 to work a 12-hour day.

    The show is looking to cast the following:

    • Motorcycle police x 2 or 4
    • Firefighter x 2
    • Dog walker
    • Hall of Fame Window Washer
    • Dock Worker
    • Welder
    • Butcher
    • Glass installer x 2

    Those interested in being casted should send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "BACKGROUND FOR HARD KNOCKS."

    Include your name, the role for which you're applying, a photo of yourself and any applicable equipment and your work background.

    @htownbrown said:

    HBO casting Clevelanders for Cleveland Browns 'Hard Knocks'

    The show is looking to cast both diehard fans and "real people, not actors."

    Interested fans must be at least 18 years old and should email [email protected] with a subject line of "Hard Knocks." Include your name, location, height and phone number. 

    Not a fans beer gut size but a Fan's Height? ? What? are we honoring the last 98 year old munchkin from the wizard of oz as part of the application? Will there be a amusement ride measuring stick at the end of the line?  $323/day, Gumby will travel..