Skip to content

WR position

The Browns Board
101 27 3.9k 1
  • All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB. 

    Injuries? It's not like he blew out an ACL. You can still run with a broken hand. I'm not anti-Coleman but based on his draft position, I expect better.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB. 

    Injuries? It's not like he blew out an ACL. You can still run with a broken hand. I'm not anti-Coleman but based on his draft position, I expect better.

    @hoorta said:

    Injuries? It's not like he blew out an ACL. You can still run with a broken hand. I'm not anti-Coleman but based on his draft position, I expect better.

    I'm not sold on C0C0 either.. While yes.. He has some physical gifts... His hands leave something to be desired...

  • cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.

    @texasag1969 said:

    cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

  • @texasag1969 said:

    cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

    @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

    You have a lot of convenient "eyesight" issues regarding your links... 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

    @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

    On top of your head?😛

  • @texasag1969 said:

    cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    ".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."

    @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    Saw it the same way.  The mind sometimes sees what it expects to see.  Still though, that whole beat down thing looks and smells real bad.

    I can see it now, a 3 receiver set of Gordon, Coleman and Callaway.  The Three Thugs Set.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".

    Saw it the same way.  The mind sometimes sees what it expects to see.  Still though, that whole beat down thing looks and smells real bad.

    I can see it now, a 3 receiver set of Gordon, Coleman and Callaway.  The Three Thugs Set.

    @orion said:

    Saw it the same way.  The mind sometimes sees what it expects to see. 

    Yep, it's been ions ago that Cal caught me spelling it that way instead of eons. There, they're, their you go!🙄

  • @orion said:

    Saw it the same way.  The mind sometimes sees what it expects to see. 

    Yep, it's been ions ago that Cal caught me spelling it that way instead of eons. There, they're, their you go!🙄

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, it's been ions ago that Cal caught me spelling it that way instead of eons. There, they're, their you go!🙄

    Maybe your right. 😐

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, it's been ions ago that Cal caught me spelling it that way instead of eons. There, they're, their you go!🙄

    Maybe your right. 😐

    @mjp28 said:

    Maybe your right. 😐

    You mean   "Maybe you're right"?   😮

  • In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

  • In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

    @hoorta said:

    In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

    Oh Joy!

    startrek.gif

  • In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

    @hoorta said:

    In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

    Can't wait to see how he celebrates this.... 😉

  • @hoorta said:

    In recent news. Callaway just signed his rookie deal....   

    Can't wait to see how he celebrates this.... 😉

    @dutch-oven said:

    Can't wait to see how he celebrates this.... 😉

    ...you don't think he'll use it to pay off his credit cards?  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Can't wait to see how he celebrates this.... 😉

    ...you don't think he'll use it to pay off his credit cards?  

    @orion said:

    ...you don't think he'll use it to pay off his credit cards?  

    Maybe go to Olive Garden for all you can eat salad and breadsticks... 😆

  • @orion said:

    ...you don't think he'll use it to pay off his credit cards?  

    Maybe go to Olive Garden for all you can eat salad and breadsticks... 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe go to Olive Garden for all you can eat salad and breadsticks... 😆

    I would do that.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Maybe your right. 😐

    You mean   "Maybe you're right"?   😮

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean   "Maybe you're right"?   😮

    We were talking about simple grammatical mistakes.....or just some people who are careless or don't give a crap.

    Cold day in Hades when I'd miss that easy one.  😉

  • I’m willing to bet most of you don’t have Snapchat, so I’ll share with you guys.

    Josh Gordon just put up a video of him in the car with his daughter, and it was a really genuine moment where they both looked so happy. Really think Josh has turned it around.

  • I’m willing to bet most of you don’t have Snapchat, so I’ll share with you guys.

    Josh Gordon just put up a video of him in the car with his daughter, and it was a really genuine moment where they both looked so happy. Really think Josh has turned it around.

    @adoug319 said:

    I’m willing to bet most of you don’t have Snapchat, so I’ll share with you guys.

    Josh Gordon just put up a video of him in the car with his daughter, and it was a really genuine moment where they both looked so happy. Really think Josh has turned it around.

    Which one was holding the bong?

    Zombo

  • @adoug319 said:

    I’m willing to bet most of you don’t have Snapchat, so I’ll share with you guys.

    Josh Gordon just put up a video of him in the car with his daughter, and it was a really genuine moment where they both looked so happy. Really think Josh has turned it around.

    Which one was holding the bong?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Which one was holding the bong?

    Zombo

    Hey man seriously though, 2 years ago he was going to court for not paying child support, fast forward now he’s in his daughter’s life and they both look so happy. If he lost his leg tomorrow and never played another down he made the change that truly matters

  • Zombo said:

    Which one was holding the bong?

    Zombo

    Hey man seriously though, 2 years ago he was going to court for not paying child support, fast forward now he’s in his daughter’s life and they both look so happy. If he lost his leg tomorrow and never played another down he made the change that truly matters

    @adoug319 said:

    Hey man seriously though, 2 years ago he was going to court for not paying child support, fast forward now he’s in his daughter’s life and they both look so happy. If he lost his leg tomorrow and never played another down he made the change that truly matters

    I just saw this post and I couldn't agree more. I mean, let's look at what's important in life. Is football important? Of course. Financial security normal people could never imagine, the thrill, the fame....ALL of that. But football eventually ends, whereas the love a father has for his daughter never does. And you know what? Having his daughter in his life may have just saved him. Josh has even more reason to work on his sobriety and recovery. There is so much more to addiction recovery than "just not using". Josh needs positive influences in his life and nothing lights the fire like having a child. 

    When I look at the rest of our WRs, I can't help but be totally excited. Everyone who has been to Browns' practice has raved about Jarvis Landry, and how he catches everything and somehow always gets open. I can tell you right now that Jarvis will be used to get Josh deep, and once Jarvis hurts a team underneath and forces the defense to adjust, you're going to see Josh get deep with some single coverage, and that's what we want. It's terrific to hear Jarvis looks like the real deal because I think some people were a bit hesitant on signing a slot receiver to that money. Conversely, NOBODY has any doubts about Josh's ability, and I found it interesting that Hue Jackson said, "There's a calmness in having Josh Gordon here at this time. We know he's here and we know what he brings." 

    I'm already on record saying we need to keep Corey Coleman on this roster, no matter what. We won't get SQUAT in a trade, and I strongly feel he's got so much to give. It's terribly unfair to judge ANY of our WRs last year due to the fact they played with horrendous QB'ing. How many times was Rashard Higgins missed in the end zone? 3? Heck, I remember in Josh's first game back against the Bolts, he was open 3-4 times down the field and Kizer completely missed him. Like...badly. The guy to watch is Higgins. I read he looks smooth and quick out there. Wouldn't surprise me to see him look really good in camp and onto preseason. Just a hunch. 

    How many WRs do teams generally carry? 6? So we've got Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Calloway, Janus (from Green Bay and an ace special teams guy), and I think the 6th is up for grabs, but I'm betting on Higgins.