Skip to content

AFI's Top 100 movie location trivia

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
7 2 442
  • I am going to test this out here.   See how you do.   The AFI has put out its list of the Top 100 movies of all time.  I am putting here the name of a location or setting associated with one of those 100 movies.   You simply need to name the movie that is associated therewith. Note: mostly...but not all are in the USA

    1. Mission of San Juan Batista

    2. Brainerd

    3. Philadelphia Museum of Art

    4. Pitcairn Island

    5. St. Theodosius Cathedral

    6. The Streets of Modesto (though actually filmed in Petaluma)

    7. Devil's Tower

    8. The Empire State Building

    9. Gibsland, Louisiana

    10. Aqaba

    11. LA's Chinatown

    12. Mt. Rushmore

    13. St. Charles Ave. transport

    14. Griffith Park  (LA)

    15. Marfa, Texas

    16. The Mansfield State Reformatory

    17. Savannah park benches

    18. Monument Valley

  • Nobody know anything, apparently.

  • 3. Rocky

    8. King Kong

    16. Shawshank Redemption

  • 3. Rocky

    8. King Kong

    16. Shawshank Redemption

    @dutch-oven said:

    3. Rocky

    8. King Kong

    16. Shawshank Redemption

    All correct.

  • Those are really, really tough. 

    I can't even take a wild guess on the rest. 

  • Those are really, really tough. 

    I can't even take a wild guess on the rest. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Those are really, really tough. 

    I can't even take a wild guess on the rest. 

    actually...I do not think they are that tough...if you are a regular movie watcher.  And remember...these all come from what are considered the Top 100 of all time.....not from obscure movies.

  • I am going to test this out here.   See how you do.   The AFI has put out its list of the Top 100 movies of all time.  I am putting here the name of a location or setting associated with one of those 100 movies.   You simply need to name the movie that is associated therewith. Note: mostly...but not all are in the USA

    1. Mission of San Juan Batista

    2. Brainerd

    3. Philadelphia Museum of Art

    4. Pitcairn Island

    5. St. Theodosius Cathedral

    6. The Streets of Modesto (though actually filmed in Petaluma)

    7. Devil's Tower

    8. The Empire State Building

    9. Gibsland, Louisiana

    10. Aqaba

    11. LA's Chinatown

    12. Mt. Rushmore

    13. St. Charles Ave. transport

    14. Griffith Park  (LA)

    15. Marfa, Texas

    16. The Mansfield State Reformatory

    17. Savannah park benches

    18. Monument Valley

    @the-gipper said:

    I am going to test this out here.   See how you do.   The AFI has put out its list of the Top 100 movies of all time.  I am putting here the name of a location or setting associated with one of those 100 movies.   You simply need to name the movie that is associated therewith. Note: mostly...but not all are in the USA

    Answers:

    1. Mission of San Juan Batista....Vertigo

    2. Brainerd....Fargo

    3. Philadelphia Museum of Art....Rocky

    4. Pitcairn Island....Mutiny on the Bounty

    5. St. Theodosius Cathedral....The Deer Hunter  (anyone from Cleveland knows St. Theodosius)

    6. The Streets of Modesto (though actually filmed in Petaluma)  American Graffiti

    7. Devil's Tower...Close Encounters of the Third Kind

    8. The Empire State Building....King Kong

    9. Gibsland, Louisiana...Bonnie and Clyde  (it is where they were gunned down)

    10. Aqaba....Lawrence of Arabia

    11. LA's Chinatown...uhm....Chinatown

    12. Mt. Rushmore...North by Northwest

    13. St. Charles Ave. transport...a Streetcar Named Desire

    14. Griffith Park  (LA)  Rebel Without a Cause

    15. Marfa, Texas...Giant

    16. The Mansfield State Reformatory...The Shawshank Redemption

    17. Savannah park benches   Forrest Gump

    18. Monument Valley...The Searchers