Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Well answers will be in by tomorrow afternoon's 53 announcement.
-
Zombo very concerned too.
Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.
Z
Zombo said:
Zombo very concerned too.
Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.
Z
And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.
-
Zombo said:
Zombo very concerned too.
Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.
Z
And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.
And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.
Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.
So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.
Zombo
--I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.
-
JFF injured is still a hell of a lot better than Thad.
-
And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.
Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.
So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.
Zombo
--I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.
Zombo said:
Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.
So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.
Zombo
--I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.
I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.
-
Zombo said:
Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.
So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.
Zombo
--I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.
I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.
I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.
Blamed pick 6 on Thad, not Mayle. Blamed Pryor not getting any targets on the "quarterback coming out too fast" or something along those lines.
Z
-
BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"
With a some luck, soon his little arm will be able to throw a football.
Zombo
--Seeing as it is sort of a job requirement
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/mike_pettine_says_johnny_manzi_3.html
-
like a 'baby's arm holding an apple'?
-
BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"
With a some luck, soon his little arm will be able to throw a football.
Zombo
--Seeing as it is sort of a job requirement
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/mike_pettine_says_johnny_manzi_3.html
-
What do you want from life?
Zombo said:
BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"
Had to be a tennis-elbow joke in there somewhere...
-
Good to see Johnny making progress. He will throw a football soon!
-
I am no JFF fanboy, I am just calling it like I see it.. McCown looked really good in that opening drive.. There is no doubt he is a leader and he was very poised and the offense seemed to respond to him.
But here is the problem and it was what I was afraid of going into this season.... He is old and I was afraid he was going to get injured.. It is a given that as a Browns QB at this point in our growth that the QB is going to get hit or he is going to have to be mobile and avoid getting hit..
Josh was Stupid/Admirable to make that run at the end zone, but he runs like a freaking Giraffe with a sprained ankle. He can cover ground pretty fast but he just look like he is one good hit away from going out of the game(and that is exactly what happened).. He was sacked or hit earlier in that drive(can't remember which) and he came up limping a bit and that got me worried.
Chances are that Josh will be out for 2 to 3 weeks if they follow most concussion protocols. He took a really good hit to the head(which should have been a penalty in my opinion regardless if he is a runner at that point)... So this means that Johnny is the man for now..
Manziel showed a lot of growth and to be honest he looked damn good in the first half and into the beginning of the second half... He stood in the pocket when he had to, and I need to say that for the first 2/3'rds of the game our OLine did a great job giving both QB's time!! But when things broke down he scrambled very well and gained two HUGE chunks of yardage. But both were called back on holding penalties that did absolutely nothing to spring him loose...
The interception was HORRIBLE and was entirely his fault...
But the play calling never changed when Josh went out and Johnny came in.. I have to say that we lost this game because the offensive play calling was fucking awful.... Run up the middle on 1st, even though it didn't work all game.. We were down by 14 point going into the 3rd and we made NO adjustments to the play calling.. 2nd and long, short dump pass and get 2 or 3.. Leaveing Johnny with 3rd and 9.. PENALTY!! Now its 3rd and 14...
By the middle of the 3rd quarter it was obvious we were desperate and yet the play calling stayed the fucking same.. This was when Johnny started to try and take it on all himself because he is not one to just lie down.. That is when he fumbled the ball when he bounced off one of our linemen and he got stripped..
I think with Johnny getting 1st team reps in practice this week, the linemen will learn to stop being an impediment to his running game.. He is MUCH faster this year and seems to have a better grasp of the team..
He will likely suck BIG TIME this year, but I see growth potential that wasn't there last year AT ALL! He looks like a rookie ready to step up as opposed to last year where he just looked like a 5 year old being chased by teen agers wanting to beat him up and take his lunch money... He is in the game now.. Only a year of 1st team reps are going to tell us whether it is worth investing any more time on him.....
Robert
-
I am no JFF fanboy, I am just calling it like I see it.. McCown looked really good in that opening drive.. There is no doubt he is a leader and he was very poised and the offense seemed to respond to him.
But here is the problem and it was what I was afraid of going into this season.... He is old and I was afraid he was going to get injured.. It is a given that as a Browns QB at this point in our growth that the QB is going to get hit or he is going to have to be mobile and avoid getting hit..
Josh was Stupid/Admirable to make that run at the end zone, but he runs like a freaking Giraffe with a sprained ankle. He can cover ground pretty fast but he just look like he is one good hit away from going out of the game(and that is exactly what happened).. He was sacked or hit earlier in that drive(can't remember which) and he came up limping a bit and that got me worried.
Chances are that Josh will be out for 2 to 3 weeks if they follow most concussion protocols. He took a really good hit to the head(which should have been a penalty in my opinion regardless if he is a runner at that point)... So this means that Johnny is the man for now..
Manziel showed a lot of growth and to be honest he looked damn good in the first half and into the beginning of the second half... He stood in the pocket when he had to, and I need to say that for the first 2/3'rds of the game our OLine did a great job giving both QB's time!! But when things broke down he scrambled very well and gained two HUGE chunks of yardage. But both were called back on holding penalties that did absolutely nothing to spring him loose...
The interception was HORRIBLE and was entirely his fault...
But the play calling never changed when Josh went out and Johnny came in.. I have to say that we lost this game because the offensive play calling was fucking awful.... Run up the middle on 1st, even though it didn't work all game.. We were down by 14 point going into the 3rd and we made NO adjustments to the play calling.. 2nd and long, short dump pass and get 2 or 3.. Leaveing Johnny with 3rd and 9.. PENALTY!! Now its 3rd and 14...
By the middle of the 3rd quarter it was obvious we were desperate and yet the play calling stayed the fucking same.. This was when Johnny started to try and take it on all himself because he is not one to just lie down.. That is when he fumbled the ball when he bounced off one of our linemen and he got stripped..
I think with Johnny getting 1st team reps in practice this week, the linemen will learn to stop being an impediment to his running game.. He is MUCH faster this year and seems to have a better grasp of the team..
He will likely suck BIG TIME this year, but I see growth potential that wasn't there last year AT ALL! He looks like a rookie ready to step up as opposed to last year where he just looked like a 5 year old being chased by teen agers wanting to beat him up and take his lunch money... He is in the game now.. Only a year of 1st team reps are going to tell us whether it is worth investing any more time on him.....
Robert
-
that and a truck load of stupid self-inflicted penalties close to record setting status..
dray makes that first catch from mccown things would be MUCH different. mccown healthy and we win by 20.
-
A lot of the penalties were bullshit if you ask me. Fucking refs were amateurs.
-
I would also disagree that the INT was "horrible". Bad throw yes but he took a chance in 1v1 and threw it in a bad spot. Horrible Int's were the ones he threw last year-those were bush league.
-
that and a truck load of stupid self-inflicted penalties close to record setting status..
dray makes that first catch from mccown things would be MUCH different. mccown healthy and we win by 20.
that and a truck load of stupid self-inflicted penalties close to record setting status..
dray makes that first catch from mccown things would be MUCH different. mccown healthy and we win by 20.
I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment... Josh looked GREAT in that opening drive and everything seemed to be clicking on offense.. I wish I could go back in time and pay one of our Oline men to trip Josh before he even tried such a stupid run!!
That was exactly what he WASN'T supposed to do! He was supposed to be the level headed journeyman that realized that an 8 minute opening drive and 3 points is a great fucking start to the game..
It all fell apart after that run. Which goes to show you how poorly coached the team was! We should have bounced back from that but we never seemed to get back into stride even after the great pitch and catch from Johnny to Benjamin for the TD.
Robert
-
I understand the excuses of "well let's see him get 1st team reps" and "and the play calling was bad." It's true pretty much the whole team was bad too...
The 10-minute sample of McCown was great. Obviously the guys not the future - and he may implode like many of his predecessors, but for winning now he's still our best bet.
To me, Manziel looked like he may be good enough to be a backup at some point. Not sure where the praise is coming from. He had some ups, but mostly downs (Yea I understand the excuses "1st team reps" and blah, but we've seen very little positive from Johnny overall).
I hope he succeeds and leads us to wins, and I will drink and cheer on every weekend. But I'm not particularly optimistic.
He was low a lot, and missed the easy toss to hawkins in the end zone. The throw to hawkins may be a tough throw for me, but for an NFL QB it should have been an easy 6.
-
I would also disagree that the INT was "horrible". Bad throw yes but he took a chance in 1v1 and threw it in a bad spot. Horrible Int's were the ones he threw last year-those were bush league.
I would also disagree that the INT was "horrible". Bad throw yes but he took a chance in 1v1 and threw it in a bad spot. Horrible Int's were the ones he threw last year-those were bush league.
I see your point, but it was a bad throw AND OR a bad read by either Johnny or the Receiver.. Johnny went inside on the throw and the receiver was looking for it on the outside making for an easy Pick....
But yes, NOTHING like the ducks he was tossing up last year.. Even when he was throwing into double coverage he was putting it low and hard and only where the WR could get it, that showed a lot of growth..
Also he stood in the pocket on at least 3 occasions that I remember where it seemed like it was going to collapse but it didn't.. He showed patience in not running...
His runs seemed more deliberate after checking down 2 maybe even 3.. He just needs that last bit of patience to check down to numbers 3 and 4 solidly before bolting the pocket.
Overall not horrible.. Maybe even Ehhhh.. Possibly as good as, "wow that didn't suck".. ROFL
Robert
-
I would also disagree that the INT was "horrible". Bad throw yes but he took a chance in 1v1 and threw it in a bad spot. Horrible Int's were the ones he threw last year-those were bush league.
I would also disagree that the INT was "horrible". Bad throw yes but he took a chance in 1v1 and threw it in a bad spot. Horrible Int's were the ones he threw last year-those were bush league.
If you're talking a 1on1 shot, the throw needs to be rather precise. Can't claim it isn't horrible, then say it was placed in a bad spot.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
