Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Manziel doesn't appear to grasp that he is expected to act a certain way. He's not Andrew Luck, hell he isn't even Derek Carr, at what point does the franchise keep dealing with TMZ reports and other "incidents"? Does anyone here believe a competitive NFL franchise is going to jump at the chance to sign Johnny Manziel. If I were GM I'd wish him the best in Dallas.

  • F*** Manziel. He got the job and couldn't keep it business for 1 week.

    Bring on Austin Davis if you wanna evaluate young talent, dump the scrub Manziel.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Exactly.

    It shouldn't fucking matter what you do off the field if you can perform on it. Johnny performed on it last week. Is he Tom Brady? No. But we're no Patriots, either.

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.

    You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.

  • Only thing left to do is start a new thread/pole asking if we 1)trade John or 2)just release him in the off season..... He's D U N - done as a Brown.

  • What a load a crap, I can't stand all this PC BS. Johnny has since college and will always be the center of the spotlight, whenever he goes out we will always know whether it be from media coverage, tweets, or pics taken. However, I genuinely don't think it's any worse then any other athlete...especially the younger ones. Even if he does go out more who cares, it was during the bye week when they were already being given time off. As long as he was performing on the field let the man go as long as he's being responsible and let him do his thing. Pettine carried on all last season how he wasn't going to micromanage his players and he was going to let them be the men that they are and now he's completely backtracked on his stance. Granted I know Johnny did a stint in rehab over the summer but he checked himself in and in my opinion he's not generating the same type headlines he was last year.

    Fact of the matter, if you look at the Cinci game last year, to the first game he got in this year. And if you look at the first game he played this year, to the Pitt game he keeps improving and he's barely even had time on the field. To me he passes the eye test, he looks like a starting quarterback and that's with nothing but stiffs on the field. But hey we can defer to the experts of the forum. However, I would remind you one thing that we have in common with the Browns, we have loved a lot of individuals(atleast for minimal period of time) and believed they were going to be future pro bowlers that turned out to be complete busts. Or coaches that we loved until we decided they were incompetent.

    So I would caution that it's not a good idea to give up on an individual that has shown significant improvement thru what, 5 starts? When the only thing he is doing "wrong" is that he's acting like he's playing in the NFL of the 80's and not adapting to the PC culture of today. It's complete speculation but I can only imagine what the lack of media coverage allowed players back then to get away with unnoticed to the public.

    @hvrbarr said:

    So I would caution that it's not a good idea to give up on an individual that has shown significant improvement thru what, 5 starts? When the only thing he is doing "wrong" is that he's acting like he's playing in the NFL of the 80's and not adapting to the PC culture of today. It's complete speculation but I can only imagine what the lack of media coverage allowed players back then to get away with unnoticed to the public.

    He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.

    I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're just going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.

    You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.

    You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.

    I totally agree he deserved to start- but not if he violated a team condition for him starting.

  • Only thing left to do is start a new thread/pole asking if we 1)trade John or 2)just release him in the off season..... He's D U N - done as a Brown.

    @d-bone said:

    Only thing left to do is start a new thread/pole asking if we 1)trade John or 2)just release him in the off season..... He's D U N - done as a Brown.

    ^+1. get your parting shots in now- the thread closes in one hour. THE MANAGEMENT. 🙂

  • @hvrbarr said:

    So I would caution that it's not a good idea to give up on an individual that has shown significant improvement thru what, 5 starts? When the only thing he is doing "wrong" is that he's acting like he's playing in the NFL of the 80's and not adapting to the PC culture of today. It's complete speculation but I can only imagine what the lack of media coverage allowed players back then to get away with unnoticed to the public.

    He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.

    I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're just going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.

    @hoorta said:

    He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.

    I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.

    Right....and we all know he's had restrictions and expectations placed on him in exchange for getting this opportunity to start...

    My guess is he's promised 10 times to not let it happen again....then it happens again..

    And if it is alcohol, I'm sure after last months roadside incident, it was brought up...'hey, Johnny, thought you were done drinking".....and he promised, AGAIN, that he was....wouldn't happen again....etc etc...

    If you set an ultimatum (and I'm sure they did....any company would).....and he's broken it (again)....then you are weak NOT to act on it......I thought the roadside was his end.....I'm pretty sure this is....

    And no surprise if he's back in rehab sooner than later....

  • Does this mean johnny is 1-6 as a starter, falling to the bye week?

  • Big ups to pettine. Time to tame his run away donkey.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.

    You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.

    You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.

    Only Johnny hasn't performed on the field. Brady Quinn once had a 350 yard game against Detroit, it meant little.

    Tom Brady makes plays week in and week out. That's where I was going with this. It's not some, ' oh you did good, here you have a reprieve for one whole week' situations.

    Until Manziel demonstrates commitment and that ability every game, then you'll be the only person on this board misinterpreting what I say.

    Junior....

  • Most people on here seem to believe either Pettine, Farmer, or both are not the answer for our front office, Why do you think they're making the right decision in this case when they're wrong in so many others.

  • I'm torn on this one, so I'll wait for all the facts to come out. The Browns may know a little more than just what we see in the video. I'm leaning towards supporting Pettine on this one.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Exactly.

    It shouldn't fucking matter what you do off the field if you can perform on it. Johnny performed on it last week. Is he Tom Brady? No. But we're no Patriots, either.

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?

  • Yep. Am Going to Wreck this league. But first lets wreck the franchise that I talked into Drafting Me. Money Signs to all & a middle finger back at you Johnny.. Next up, the players will have to answer more stupid MKC questions about her boy JM. The clusterfucks just keep coming in a game that you play & get paid. You don't fuck up a game that a organization of hundred other players count on you..

  • Some other fun coincidental Johnny facts...

    Today is the one year Anniversary of his Brawl in the lobby of his apartment......

    He got in trouble and was de-activated for last years Balt game too.....

    At least he's consistent....

  • Kudos to whoever changed the title for me.

    When I started this thread it was made with a bright feeling of excitement of JFF finally getting full control of the reigns. Then it changed to JFF maybe starting, at that point I was thinking Johnny would remain starter. Now, after a 3rd thread title change, JFF is no longer starting and probably won't all year!

    What a wild 7 days.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.

    Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.

    You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.

    How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?

    There is no logical fallacy here.

    Johnny was handed the reigns as a starting QB in an attempt to begin the conversion of making him the face of the franchise.

    With stipulations, of course...

    He responded by flying half way across the country and doing exactly the opposite of what I can guarantee professional help told him not to do whilst in rehab. I'm rather certain also against the wishes of Haslam, Farmer and Pettine who probably told him to lay low, focus and stay out of the spotlight.

    Pretty cut and dry.

  • Sure, quarterback is a leader, I get that. I haven't seen any evidence otherwise from practice or on the field.

    Remember Hoorta, there's another guy in Berea that's supposed to be a leader and not doing a stellar job of it so far.

    You may have seen him hanging around; bald-headed, van dyke, sunglasses...

    (Plus I wonder if any of the defensive or other offensive players or at a downtown nightclub on their weekend off?)

    WSS