Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
In some of yalls minds I think you just say draft the biggest QB and hope...that's the most simplistic way to draft.
maybe we should just pick the biggest guy available"bga" instead of best player available "bpa" lol
Any thing different and out of the norm some people cant see working or don't comprehend....
I said it from day one...JF is the real deal......I still say it
let him go and we will be sorry
I've admittedly been up and down on Manziel, but to your point: I have this gut feeling that Manziel in three years is going to be that guy who everyone looks at and wonders why they didn't draft him. It'll be damn interesting to see where he goes.
I've admittedly been up and down on Manziel, but to your point: I have this gut feeling that Manziel in three years is going to be that guy who everyone looks at and wonders why they didn't draft him. It'll be damn interesting to see where he goes.
if others are too afraid to pull the trigger, I'll guarentee it will be one of the perennially good teams in the league that aren't , or can afford to take a chance.
-
Hell yes. JFF showing his skills. But I doubt we will end up with him. He will go #1 or 2. Unless we trade up.
Hell yes. JFF showing his skills. But I doubt we will end up with him. He will go #1 or 2. Unless we trade up.
This is the type of crap the Houston Texans wants us to do...and most of you are falling for it.
Manziel won't be a top 5 pick. No way in hell.
-
Hell yes. JFF showing his skills. But I doubt we will end up with him. He will go #1 or 2. Unless we trade up.
This is the type of crap the Houston Texans wants us to do...and most of you are falling for it.
Manziel won't be a top 5 pick. No way in hell.
This is the type of crap the Houston Texans wants us to do...and most of you are falling for it.
Manziel won't be a top 5 pick. No way in hell.
What did he do, fuck your girlfriend?
-
If you'd actually watch the games, you'd realize the prayers he threw up were mostly on third and long just out of field goal range. He knows when to take risks. When he gets behind a deep ball, its as pretty as can be.This is some funny shit. If we do pick this kid they better get Mike Evans to catch his over the moon throws... i don't know if Gordon has the hops required to catch Manziel prayer bombs.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
If you'd actually watch the games, you'd realize the prayers he threw up were mostly on third and long just out of field goal range. He knows when to take risks. When he gets behind a deep ball, its as pretty as can be.
Well I'm glad he knows when to take risks. What I really wish is that he knew how to identify and adjust to a blitz better than the 150 quarterbacks on the scout.com QB board ... But he can't.
-
I'm still not sold. Seems he was asked about off the field concerns indirectly...
and danced around with the "I'm totally all about football".
Farmer and co. won't go by pro days, etc.
They want to find out how quickly they see the field, etc.
..starting to think that Jake Mathews would be the surefire pick at 4.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
If you'd actually watch the games, you'd realize the prayers he threw up were mostly on third and long just out of field goal range. He knows when to take risks. When he gets behind a deep ball, its as pretty as can be.
Well I'm glad he knows when to take risks. What I really wish is that he knew how to identify and adjust to a blitz better than the 150 quarterbacks on the scout.com QB board ... But he can't.
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?Well I'm glad he knows when to take risks. What I really wish is that he knew how to identify and adjust to a blitz better than the 150 quarterbacks on the scout.com QB board ... But he can't.
-
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?Well I'm glad he knows when to take risks. What I really wish is that he knew how to identify and adjust to a blitz better than the 150 quarterbacks on the scout.com QB board ... But he can't.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?
I'm on my phone and surfing the net sucks balls on this thing so I can't find the actual list but there's a link to an article talking about it.
-
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?Well I'm glad he knows when to take risks. What I really wish is that he knew how to identify and adjust to a blitz better than the 150 quarterbacks on the scout.com QB board ... But he can't.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?
Don't use SEC as an argument for good qbs if that's what you were doing.
-
manziel and evans then gilbert.
3 picks and i'd walk away happy as a drunken clam. (do mussels count?)
might cost us half our picks BUT we'd certainly be STACKED!
-
I'd love to get Lil boy John... In the 3rd round.
Trade up to get this guy... Gimme a break!
I'd prefer we get starters with our top picks and get a young guy to sit for a year or two. We should be able to land mccarron, mettenberger, or Murray in the later rounds.
The latest trends has been throwing the rookie QBs in the fire and see what happens. Let's ride Hoyer this year and have a young one sit and learn.
At this point I just want the draft to happen. I'll root for whoever they draft but I have my opinions (and they don't mean jack) just like everyone else.
-
I'd love to get Lil boy John... In the 3rd round.
Trade up to get this guy... Gimme a break!
I'd prefer we get starters with our top picks and get a young guy to sit for a year or two. We should be able to land mccarron, mettenberger, or Murray in the later rounds.
The latest trends has been throwing the rookie QBs in the fire and see what happens. Let's ride Hoyer this year and have a young one sit and learn.
At this point I just want the draft to happen. I'll root for whoever they draft but I have my opinions (and they don't mean jack) just like everyone else.
I'd love to get Lil boy John... In the 3rd round.
Trade up to get this guy... Gimme a break!
I'd prefer we get starters with our top picks and get a young guy to sit for a year or two. We should be able to land mccarron, mettenberger, or Murray in the later rounds.
The latest trends has been throwing the rookie QBs in the fire and see what happens. Let's ride Hoyer this year and have a young one sit and learn.
At this point I just want the draft to happen. I'll root for whoever they draft but I have my opinions (and they don't mean jack) just like everyone else.
totally agree.
i think farmer and pettine will surprise us all.
the countdown continues..............
-
Nike Already Selling Johnny Manziel Pro Day Gear Online
By Kyle Newport, Featured Columnist
Mar 27, 2014
Patric Schneider/Associated PressJohnny Manziel doesn't know what jersey he will be wearing this upcoming season, but Nike has found a way to cash in on the former Texas A&M star before the NFL draft.
The projected first-round pick held his pro day Thursday, March 27. After hesigned with Nike earlier this month, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner went all out by wearing the swoosh during his workout.
Manziel is making money by wearing the clothes, and now Nike is cashing in by allowing fans to dress like the quarterback:
In case you were wondering, the outfit can be bought for $616 (before tax).
This story also has an interesting little tidbit. The Aggies are partnered with Adidas, so Manziel's Nike outfit isn't a common sight on campus.
-
H for hello!
-
@bbedward said:
Don't use SEC as an argument for good qbs if that's what you were doing.
I think it was more an argument that, in general, SEC QB's have to face higher quality defenses more often.
Which isn't exactly true for this year, as there was a pretty even showing of conferences among the Top 20.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
how many of those QBs played in the SEC? I kinda want to see your source. I know he had a bad game against LSU but, how is he possibly the worst of em all?
Don't use SEC as an argument for good qbs if that's what you were doing.
Agreed. SEC defense are either not good or overrated. Most games, especially high profile games, were high scoring.Don't use SEC as an argument for good qbs if that's what you were doing.
Besides if the argument is how many of those QBs were in the SEC then can't that also mean that he has taken bigger and harder hits than QBs from Louisville and UCF and E Illinois since those conferences don't hit hard?
I don't care if Manziel played in the SEC, B1G, or JuCo ... I don't want him at 4, 26? Sure.
-
I wouldn't be opposed to taking Johnny Football.
He's an exciting player to watch and he's innovative with the football.
I don't think you can go wrong drafting him and taking the chance.
You get a first round draft pick every year. You don't often get the chance to draft a player like JF, especially if you're not drafting very high. I don't know, there are a lot of really unique players this year and I think JF is one of them. You also have Clowney, Mack, Carr, Matthews, Watkins and Evans.
It's too bad we can't get more of these blue chippers.
Look at all the possibilities.
-
Would it be worth it to sacrifice the next two drafts to go all in and pick up 2 more first round picks?
Would it be worth it to sacrifice the next two drafts to go all in and pick up 2 more first round picks?
Um, no. and the above post about the Manziel's Nike crap shows the guy is a commercial sellout already. You bring in Manziel, you bring the circus to town- MHO is Farmer and Pettine are into football, not Barnum & Bailey. JFs goal will be to out sell RGIII- that aspect about his persona makes me want to puke.
-
Would it be worth it to sacrifice the next two drafts to go all in and pick up 2 more first round picks?
Um, no. and the above post about the Manziel's Nike crap shows the guy is a commercial sellout already. You bring in Manziel, you bring the circus to town- MHO is Farmer and Pettine are into football, not Barnum & Bailey. JFs goal will be to out sell RGIII- that aspect about his persona makes me want to puke.
Um, no. and the above post about the Manziel's Nike crap shows the guy is a commercial sellout already. You bring in Manziel, you bring the circus to town- MHO is Farmer and Pettine are into football, not Barnum & Bailey. JFs goal will be to out sell RGIII- that aspect about his persona makes me want to puke.
Oh, cut the shit it already.
He was offered a deal by Nike, he took it. He's not a sellout, he's a 21 year old.
You'd take the same deal.
Show me anywhere...anywhere...where he made comments about outselling anyone, branding himself, marketing himself, making money, etc.
Every comment at every interview has been about football. Not Nike. Not making money. Winning football games. Then he goes out and has a solid Pro Day, better than the previously thought #1 QB, and you're complaining because Nike is selling his Pro Day jersey to turn a profit? Get over yourself.
Wearing pads and a helmet was a great decision, regardless of the marketing ploy from his manager. You wear pads and a helmet in games, why would you throw without them on a day where you're trying to showcase your skills? It was a ballsy move that paid off and will probably change Pro Days from now on.
You're mad because he hired a marketing manager? That's like getting pissed because a player hires an agent.
So let me just try and list this out to make sense of it:
Pros
-Unbelievable athlete
-Played against top tier talent.
-Played in National spotlight
-Put up video game numbers
-Has natural accuracy and great internal clock
Cons
-Hired marketing major
-Got drunk in college
-Isn't 6'5" 230.
-You don't like his face
That about sum it up?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login