Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Weather is a non factor. You can acclimate to any weather condition. Doesn't matter where you were born.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Weather is a non factor. You can acclimate to any weather condition. Doesn't matter where you were born.

    Hell yeah, just watch Cool Runnings.

  • tick tock.

  • @mike-h said:

    Looks like JF can't read defenses or make throws from the pocket.

    I WILL concede that durability is a little bit of a concern, but the more ACTUAL football you watch, the more the myths begin to disappear.

    He is who he is, let's see if the Browns are willing to invest in him or any of the other QBs. If not, it better be Watkins and not an OL or another OLB.

    Farmer will make the correct pick, as he has forgotten more about football than any of us know, including myself and you.

  • @mike-h said:

    I feel it. Love Farmer now, we'll see how we all feel in two years.

    Agreed. But that's the nature of the biz, no matter the position, coach, executive or owner. I have high hopes and expectations of Farmer, and can only pray I'm right.

  • @mike-h said:

    I feel it. Love Farmer now, we'll see how we all feel in two years.

    how about in 33 days?

  • @mike-h said:

    Looks like JF can't read defenses or make throws from the pocket.

    I WILL concede that durability is a little bit of a concern, but the more ACTUAL football you watch, the more the myths begin to disappear.

    He is who he is, let's see if the Browns are willing to invest in him or any of the other QBs. If not, it better be Watkins and not an OL or another OLB.

    Why let facts get in the way, ya know.

    http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2012/10/23/3541460/lsu-blitzing-off-edge-flusters-manziel-offense

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24513230/after-further-review-breaking-down-bridgewater-bortles-and-manziel

    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/86640/gruden-qb-camp-johnny-manziel

    http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/stats-show-johnny-manziels-greatest-strength-biggest-improvement-and-largest-concern.html/

    You can post as many highlight reels as you want too. Every player going to the draft has some sort of highlight reel. If scouts and teams drafted off highlight reels they wouldn't be around very long.

    He could be great but he has incredible amounts of work to do in reading a defense (read article 1 and 2), having pocket awareness (read 2 and 3), picking up a blitz (read 1 and 4), QB mechanics (read 2) and as you stated durability issues.

    No, he didn't fuck my girlfriend I just do not think he is very good. We draft him I hope he proves me wrong.

    I mean, or, ya know, watch youtube.

  • wow you've turned into a complete dick this off-season.

    must be all the sun and roids.

  • wow you've turned into a complete dick this off-season.

    must be all the sun and roids.

    @miktoxic said:

    must be all the sun and roids.

    Hemo or ster??

  • @miktoxic said:

    must be all the sun and roids.

    Hemo or ster??

    @d-bone said:

    Hemo or ster??

    it took me a sec but i just got it. LMAO!!

    the guy's trying to give his opinion about somethin and get's called 'fuckface' for it.

  • @d-bone said:

    Hemo or ster??

    it took me a sec but i just got it. LMAO!!

    the guy's trying to give his opinion about somethin and get's called 'fuckface' for it.

    @miktoxic said:

    the guy's trying to give his opinion about somethin and get's called 'fuckface' for it.

    So possibly, both!

  • @d-bone said:

    Hemo or ster??

    it took me a sec but i just got it. LMAO!!

    the guy's trying to give his opinion about somethin and get's called 'fuckface' for it.

    @miktoxic said:

    the guy's trying to give his opinion about somethin and get's called 'fuckface' for it.

    This has to be sarcasm. You've gotten pretty riled up with people...a lot, I mean, if I had a dime.....Jesus.

  • well those people are no longer here.

    i win.

    and you'll note royce that i never start the pissing match............

  • For anyone that thinks being able to read a college defense translates into being able to read a NFL defense (even in the SEC), good luck with that. The biggest change between college play and the NFL is the defense. Whether or not a college QB can read a defense is one of the weakest arguments to have. Smart, focused, and diligent are better measures of a college QB's ability to transition to reading NFL defenses. Those also happen to be some of Manziel's weaknesses. Manziel seems to be more focused on being Johnny Football than anything else.

  • @mike-h said:

    I feel it. Love Farmer now, we'll see how we all feel in two years.

    Yes, people are putting a lot of blind faith in Farmer. He is a young rookie GM with no track record to speak of. Who knows if he can tell his ass from a hole in the ground at this point. As a Browns fan I'm hoping he is the greatest GM of all time, but its just hope. I remember all the people running around saying "In Phil I trust"

  • @mike-h said:

    I feel it. Love Farmer now, we'll see how we all feel in two years.

    Yes, people are putting a lot of blind faith in Farmer. He is a young rookie GM with no track record to speak of. Who knows if he can tell his ass from a hole in the ground at this point. As a Browns fan I'm hoping he is the greatest GM of all time, but its just hope. I remember all the people running around saying "In Phil I trust"

    @4browns said:

    Yes, people are putting a lot of blind faith in Farmer. He is a young rookie GM with no track record to speak of. Who knows if he can tell his ass from a hole in the ground at this point. As a Browns fan I'm hoping he is the greatest GM of all time, but its just hope. I remember all the people running around saying "In Phil I trust"

    and after that "In Holmgren I Trust."

    fat blowhard.

    i think farmer will do alright if haslam stays the fuck out the way and he drafts what pettine and he feels will work in the system and in the locker room.

  • well those people are no longer here.

    i win.

    and you'll note royce that i never start the pissing match............

    @miktoxic said:

    well those people are no longer here.

    i win.

    and you'll note royce that i never start the pissing match............

    Whoa, I haven't gone anywhere. I just learned to weather the storm.

    I think we've had some rather fun arguments, actually.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well those people are no longer here.

    i win.

    and you'll note royce that i never start the pissing match............

    Whoa, I haven't gone anywhere. I just learned to weather the storm.

    I think we've had some rather fun arguments, actually.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Whoa, I haven't gone anywhere. I just learned to weather the storm.

    I think we've had some rather fun arguments, actually.

    no, not you.

    you weren't the one saying i want to put a claw hammer in my forehead because i didn't agree with the person about JF

    or some lunatic leaving me messages on this board asking me to meet him in ohio and fight because i said they (the gov) should think about banning easily modifiable assault rifles.

    in my book me and you are cool. sure we disagree a lot BUT at least I know that i'm dealing with someone that knows what they are talking about because you actually played the game. we might not agree on how and with who the browns might reach their winning goals, but who agrees on everything anyways?

    sometimes i miss bipolar ghoolie. you could wake up in the morning and check the forum and see that he had started world war 3 during the middle of the night. i think i was a drunken participant on 2 or 3(ish) occasions.

    aww, ghoolie! no no no!

  • @mike-h said:

    I've watched every one of his games, I don't need links to tell you he can read a defense.

    Maybe read the entire links you post, not sure everything contained in them supports your argument, fuck face

    Article four, ESPN Stats & Info actually contradicts the SBNation blogger, which I find funny you're using as "facts".

    Pete P acknowledged it "too much for his liking," which is more opinion.

    I mean, I don't even know that you understand the debate, or how to do so, so I'm gonna go on what I see, you know, something you can't do without other people's analysis 😉

    Mike, if you've watched every one of his games, I'm sure you've noticed this:

    "Another thing I noticed is that Manziel hops in the pocket. He doesn't chop his feet like Peyton Manning, but he actually hops, sometimes with the ball flailing. That has to stop. He also took almost all of his snaps from shotgun, so that will be an adjustment."

    Not shotgun (other gbs have made the transition), but even an untrained eye like mine immediately caught it- He wastes a ton of energy- a virtual Mexican Jumping Bean back there. "Happy feet" would be an understatement.

  • Holy balls, Mike.

    I disasgree with you and that's okay. I don't know how many times I've said he has definite skills and he could be great. I just see better picks than him at 4. (My ideal 1st round is probably Watkins and S'ia Foula dude from UCLA).

    You said you like differing opinions, which is good, but I don't see it. You've been a dick throughout this 15 page topic. Your responses so far have been

    he fuck your girlfriend?

    I'm a cocksucker

    and you called me a fuckface

    Not sure if you expect me to not respond back with anything but after a while I'm going to give a little snark, at least. When you post something about liking Manziel I don't attack you ... your argument maybe, but not you. Isn't that what makes discussion topics worth while. I've at least tried posting articles/stats/evidence for why I don't like him instead of just saying 'I don't like him.' I try not to base my opinions solely off the eye test, I try to use analysts and professionals opinions and facts to help me figure it out.

    Maybe you just don't like the e-me but I have no idea what I did, besides disagree with you, that made you respond the way you have.

    p.s. I'm not a newbie, I've been here way back when the board transferred from whatever server it was on before to what it is now. My name used to be K2, which was a mistake since all that dude does is jackoff in his car now.

  • Johnny Manziel Hanging Out With Marshall Henderson in Dallas (Uh Oh! )

    http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2014/04/uh_oh_johnny_manziel_hanging_o.php?page=2

    In 3-4 years, we are going to revisit this thread as Johnny Manziel finds his way OUT OF FOOTBALL and wonder, how could we NOT see it. All the evidence leading up to the draft shows this guy's heart is NOT In football but 'marketing'.