Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
There's your answer right there baby. He thinks he's the best in the world. He's always been treated like the best in the world. A huge group of fans here still think he's the best in the world. He doesn't have to listen to the haters. And he's too young and inexperienced to understand that fame is fleeting.
But like I've said I have known drunks that had the shakes in the morning, drunks who have had the DT's drunks that drink whisky all day long some of them functioning some not, some of them who can go for weeks at a time, some who can never take another drink and some who are in and out of rehab.
At least one dead at 48 years.
WSS
WSS
-
There's your answer right there baby. He thinks he's the best in the world. He's always been treated like the best in the world. A huge group of fans here still think he's the best in the world. He doesn't have to listen to the haters. And he's too young and inexperienced to understand that fame is fleeting.
But like I've said I have known drunks that had the shakes in the morning, drunks who have had the DT's drunks that drink whisky all day long some of them functioning some not, some of them who can go for weeks at a time, some who can never take another drink and some who are in and out of rehab.
At least one dead at 48 years.
WSS
WSS
There's your answer right there baby. He thinks he's the best in the world. He's always been treated like the best in the world. A huge group of fans here still think he's the best in the world. He doesn't have to listen to the haters. And he's too young and inexperienced to understand that fame is fleeting.
But like I've said I have known drunks that had the shakes in the morning, drunks who have had the DT's drunks that drink whisky all day long some of them functioning some not, some of them who can go for weeks at a time, some who can never take another drink and some who are in and out of rehab.
At least one dead at 48 years.
WSS
WSS
Steve, then you ought to know- one of the definitions of being an alky is if your drinking affects your job- and in this case, it's f**king obvious Johnny's drinking is affecting his ability to be a professional qb. @23- he's at least a problem drinker, and more like what they like to call a functional alcoholic. There's plenty of people in AA on the low side of 25, and Johnny has been hitting the sauce pretty heavy since HS by all accounts. Me and Ag happen to think he's drinking his opportunity in the NFL away. That's another red flag- the person just doesn't give a shit about the consequences- it's party on. Oh- there's been a dozen or so incidents that points to an addiction problem Steve, and him being spotted in a liquor store picking up three fifths of Don Julio is just another in a long line of "if you can't see this is a problem, you're blind". He could at least have had one of his lackeys pick up his booze for him if he wanted to keep it under cover.
-
Yes, just in case you thought you're talking to a third grader, I've seen the list of the warning signs of alcoholism. I've checked a few off the list myself.
What I'm trying to tell you guys is that there are all types of alcoholics and I have worked with just about every kind.
Here's one for you: hiding your drinking. This guy doesn't hide it, he goes out and parties and walks into a liquor store and buys a bottle of booze. Oh yes he lied to the coach just like any of us would lie to anybody of authority if we fucked up. Yes officer I've had two beers.
Seriously if that's the best story the haters can pull up is a liquor store visit in the last 2 weeks I don't know what to tell you. I'd be willing to bet a respectable sum that the videos were intentional and not the result of some alcohol induced fit.
And since we have no other evidence of any stories whatsoever I'm personally really curious as to what's going on.
WSS
-
http://www.shareonfb.com/t00u7o/colin_kaepernick_traded_to_the_Cleveland_Browns
I unlocked it for a second- MOD edit- fraud post no one can be traded till March..............
Kap isn't going anywhere $15 million cap hit. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/
-
I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.
-
I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.
I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.
kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.
I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.
-
You guys don't get it.....this article says that the deal is DONE.
-
Again I would guess that it's more an addiction to fame and an out of control ego than it is actually alcohol addiction.
But still there has to be some time in his life he will be sitting in the stands at the Super Bowl regretting the time he pissed away the opportunity to be the guy on the field. For fucking nothing.
The bitterness of the high school drama coach thinking back on the day he showed up drunk for the audition on Broadway.
How long will it be before someone comes up to him in a supermarket and asks "hey, didn't you used to be Johnny football?"
WSS
Again I would guess that it's more an addiction to fame and an out of control ego than it is actually alcohol addiction.
But still there has to be some time in his life he will be sitting in the stands at the Super Bowl regretting the time he pissed away the opportunity to be the guy on the field. For fucking nothing.
The bitterness of the high school drama coach thinking back on the day he showed up drunk for the audition on Broadway.
How long will it be before someone comes up to him in a supermarket and asks "hey, didn't you used to be Johnny football?"
WSS
Well said sir!
-
I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.
kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.
I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.
kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.
I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.
I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.
I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.
-
kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.
I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.
I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.
I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.
I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.
I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.
yeah I wouldnt really prefer him at that number....but it may be an issue where he gets released and then picked up for less by someone.
Look at Kaep's advance stats throughout his career....pretty good really. And just because he isn't seen as an 'old' qb doesn't mean he has to be 'a teams future'. If he is healthy he is a heck of a lot better than what many teams will throw out at starting qb next year.
-
-
Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?
Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.
-
Everyone is up in arms about Manziel skipping his "treatment" for a concussion? I'm pretty sure the only treatment is rest. Was he supposed to come to the facility for them to 'watch' him take a nap. GTFOHWTBS
Everyone is up in arms about Manziel skipping his "treatment" for a concussion? I'm pretty sure the only treatment is rest. Was he supposed to come to the facility for them to 'watch' him take a nap. GTFOHWTBS
You need to get tested until they return to their baseline test among other things.
Also he was in Vegas dressed as Billy partying hard, its not like he just overslept.
-
Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?
Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.
Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.
I know its a BS story because no trades can be made till at least when the new league years starts in March. The only way I see SF making this trade is Chip Kelly wanted Johnny Vegas to come to Oregon so maybe hes just cocky enough to think he can turn the little midget moron into a QB.
-
-
He was not active. I don't think loud noises and bright lights are good for concussion symptoms. There was no reason for him to be at the game. The players health comes first. Maybe instead of bashing our QB for any and everything maybe you should give the benefit of the doubt once in a while.
Joe Haden missed like 5 weeks for a concussion. Manziel's concussion had just happened the previous game. He had swelling of his brain. He took some shots that game as well, trying until the bitter end when the clock expired trying to get us a victory.
Quit being so fucking finicky and selfish.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login