Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by hoorta

    http://www.shareonfb.com/t00u7o/colin_kaepernick_traded_to_the_Cleveland_Browns

    I unlocked it for a second- MOD edit- fraud post no one can be traded till March..............

    Kap isn't going anywhere $15 million cap hit. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.

  • I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.

    kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.

    I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    You guys don't get it.....this article says that the deal is DONE.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Rosters are frozen

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    ESPN prank survey

  • Again I would guess that it's more an addiction to fame and an out of control ego than it is actually alcohol addiction.

    But still there has to be some time in his life he will be sitting in the stands at the Super Bowl regretting the time he pissed away the opportunity to be the guy on the field. For fucking nothing.

    The bitterness of the high school drama coach thinking back on the day he showed up drunk for the audition on Broadway.

    How long will it be before someone comes up to him in a supermarket and asks "hey, didn't you used to be Johnny football?"

    WSS

    C chimpy07 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Again I would guess that it's more an addiction to fame and an out of control ego than it is actually alcohol addiction.

    But still there has to be some time in his life he will be sitting in the stands at the Super Bowl regretting the time he pissed away the opportunity to be the guy on the field. For fucking nothing.

    The bitterness of the high school drama coach thinking back on the day he showed up drunk for the audition on Broadway.

    How long will it be before someone comes up to him in a supermarket and asks "hey, didn't you used to be Johnny football?"

    WSS

    Well said sir!

  • @bbedward said:

    I'd prefer the scenario if they kept kaepernick and we just gave them Johnny for free. I'd be OK with tossing in a 6th round pick to sweeten the deal.

    kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.

    I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @tacosman said:

    kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.

    I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.

    I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.

    I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.

  • @tacosman said:

    kaep has *MUCH* more upside than Johnny. My concern with kaep are these recent injuries....but until not too recently Kaep was a good nfl qb. So if the injuries arent disabling going forward, I think he has potential. I actually wouldnt be surprised if kelly keeps him. I think kelly(who with crappier qbs put together back to back 10 win seasons) could make something of him in terms of a rejuvenation. There is nothing about Johnny, otoh, which would indicate there is any upside there at all.

    I'll say this- I'd much rather have kaep(if healthy) starting at qb next year than mccown. Of course if we draft a qb at #2 he has to play/start most of the first year, and I dont know that I want kaep on roster as backup. If we take goff at 2 would rather have mccown as backup than kaep.

    I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.

    I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    I just don't see him as our future. I've never been crazy about him to begin with, but he's also 28, fragile, and has an overpriced contract.

    I'd take him over Johnny every time, but I'd ultimately prefer neither.

    yeah I wouldnt really prefer him at that number....but it may be an issue where he gets released and then picked up for less by someone.

    Look at Kaep's advance stats throughout his career....pretty good really. And just because he isn't seen as an 'old' qb doesn't mean he has to be 'a teams future'. If he is healthy he is a heck of a lot better than what many teams will throw out at starting qb next year.

  • ESPN prank survey

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    ESPN prank survey

    Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?

  • @gumby73 said:

    ESPN prank survey

    Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?

    Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Everyone is up in arms about Manziel skipping his "treatment" for a concussion? I'm pretty sure the only treatment is rest. Was he supposed to come to the facility for them to 'watch' him take a nap. GTFOHWTBS

  • Everyone is up in arms about Manziel skipping his "treatment" for a concussion? I'm pretty sure the only treatment is rest. Was he supposed to come to the facility for them to 'watch' him take a nap. GTFOHWTBS

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Everyone is up in arms about Manziel skipping his "treatment" for a concussion? I'm pretty sure the only treatment is rest. Was he supposed to come to the facility for them to 'watch' him take a nap. GTFOHWTBS

    You need to get tested until they return to their baseline test among other things.

    Also he was in Vegas dressed as Billy partying hard, its not like he just overslept.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    There is no conclusive evidence that he was in Vegas. Drop the shenanigans.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, it is.....but it engenders some discussion about the possibility clearly.....fair to say?

    Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Chip has been involved in some dummy business before but I would say that even he knows that trading away Kaep for Manziel would be terrible.

    I know its a BS story because no trades can be made till at least when the new league years starts in March. The only way I see SF making this trade is Chip Kelly wanted Johnny Vegas to come to Oregon so maybe hes just cocky enough to think he can turn the little midget moron into a QB.

  • There is no conclusive evidence that he was in Vegas. Drop the shenanigans.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    There is no conclusive evidence that he was in Vegas. Drop the shenanigans.

    Aside from it not being ok to piss off for the last game of the season, he also is a shitty quarterback - so there's that.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    He was not active. I don't think loud noises and bright lights are good for concussion symptoms. There was no reason for him to be at the game. The players health comes first. Maybe instead of bashing our QB for any and everything maybe you should give the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

    Joe Haden missed like 5 weeks for a concussion. Manziel's concussion had just happened the previous game. He had swelling of his brain. He took some shots that game as well, trying until the bitter end when the clock expired trying to get us a victory.

    Quit being so fucking finicky and selfish.

  • He was not active. I don't think loud noises and bright lights are good for concussion symptoms. There was no reason for him to be at the game. The players health comes first. Maybe instead of bashing our QB for any and everything maybe you should give the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

    Joe Haden missed like 5 weeks for a concussion. Manziel's concussion had just happened the previous game. He had swelling of his brain. He took some shots that game as well, trying until the bitter end when the clock expired trying to get us a victory.

    Quit being so fucking finicky and selfish.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    He was not active. I don't think loud noises and bright lights are good for concussion symptoms. There was no reason for him to be at the game. The players health comes first. Maybe instead of bashing our QB for any and everything maybe you should give the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

    Joe Haden missed like 5 weeks for a concussion. Manziel's concussion had just happened the previous game. He had swelling of his brain. He took some shots that game as well, trying until the bitter end when the clock expired trying to get us a victory.

    Quit being so fucking finicky and selfish.

    Sorry you don't see what everybody else sees yet.

    Johnny is Canadian football bound.

    You were right on Derek Carr, but you're wrong on Manziel

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H

    Haven't heard anyone else with credibility or an opinion I value agree with "Manziel is Canadian football bound" because of his skill set. Is his career potentially in danger because of shitty choices and bad priorities, and probably some personal problems? Yep. But he made a good impression with his play and progress on the field.

    Bad take

  • Haven't heard anyone else with credibility or an opinion I value agree with "Manziel is Canadian football bound" because of his skill set. Is his career potentially in danger because of shitty choices and bad priorities, and probably some personal problems? Yep. But he made a good impression with his play and progress on the field.

    Bad take

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Haven't heard anyone else with credibility or an opinion I value agree with "Manziel is Canadian football bound" because of his skill set. Is his career potentially in danger because of shitty choices and bad priorities, and probably some personal problems? Yep. But he made a good impression with his play and progress on the field.

    Bad take

    It's not that serious of an assessment to look into.