Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • The first 20 pages of this thread are awesome.

    A few of you had J-hole spot on in the very beginning, then some of you wavered. Then the Johnny fanboys showed up to add to those who already wanted him.

    That said, the opinions on players I find myself disagreeing with members of this board - a good handful of those members advocated for Johnny being drafted. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

  • The first 20 pages of this thread are awesome.

    A few of you had J-hole spot on in the very beginning, then some of you wavered. Then the Johnny fanboys showed up to add to those who already wanted him.

    That said, the opinions on players I find myself disagreeing with members of this board - a good handful of those members advocated for Johnny being drafted. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The first 20 pages of this thread are awesome.

    A few of you had J-hole spot on in the very beginning, then some of you wavered. Then the Johnny fanboys showed up to add to those who already wanted him.

    That said, the opinions on players I find myself disagreeing with members of this board - a good handful of those members advocated for Johnny being drafted. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    Eh, I'm not ashamed to admit I was on the Manziel bandwagon-I mean to this day I believe if he did not spiral into chaos he could have been a good football player.

    With that being said, people who say they saw this level of personal destruction coming are liars. I know some warning signs were there, but Manziel is on a path to kill himself and be a 30 for 30 in ten years.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The first 20 pages of this thread are awesome.

    A few of you had J-hole spot on in the very beginning, then some of you wavered. Then the Johnny fanboys showed up to add to those who already wanted him.

    That said, the opinions on players I find myself disagreeing with members of this board - a good handful of those members advocated for Johnny being drafted. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    Eh, I'm not ashamed to admit I was on the Manziel bandwagon-I mean to this day I believe if he did not spiral into chaos he could have been a good football player.

    With that being said, people who say they saw this level of personal destruction coming are liars. I know some warning signs were there, but Manziel is on a path to kill himself and be a 30 for 30 in ten years.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Eh, I'm not ashamed to admit I was on the Manziel bandwagon-I mean to this day I believe if he did not spiral into chaos he could have been a good football player.

    With that being said, people who say they saw this level of personal destruction coming are liars. I know some warning signs were there, but Manziel is on a path to kill himself and be a 30 for 30 in ten years.

    Agreed.

    Mike

  • I just can't help thinking what a waste this little churl is. If he would put half that dedication into football that he does partying.. He might be something.. I actually think , And hope.. this kid winds up completely penniless.. I might be the only think that can cure him.. to be completely rock bottom pond scum.

    @nickers said:

    I just can't help thinking what a waste this little churl is. If he would put half that dedication into football that he does partying.. He might be something.. I actually think , And hope.. this kid winds up completely penniless.. I might be the only think that can cure him.. to be completely rock bottom pond scum.

    I heard this morning that the suite he is renting at a BEverly Hills hotel costs $25,000.00 per night. It is 10,000 sq. feet.

    At that rate he certainly will be out of money soon enough.

  • The "Just Say NO to JM" camp was absolutely correct.

    Too bad. Our membership dues were wasted....

  • @nickers said:

    I just can't help thinking what a waste this little churl is. If he would put half that dedication into football that he does partying.. He might be something.. I actually think , And hope.. this kid winds up completely penniless.. I might be the only think that can cure him.. to be completely rock bottom pond scum.

    I heard this morning that the suite he is renting at a BEverly Hills hotel costs $25,000.00 per night. It is 10,000 sq. feet.

    At that rate he certainly will be out of money soon enough.

    @the-gipper said:

    I heard this morning that the suite he is renting at a BEverly Hills hotel costs $25,000.00 per night. It is 10,000 sq. feet.

    At that rate he certainly will be out of money soon enough.

    Remember MC Hammer got rich and lost it all because he was paying 30 grand a year to friends just to stand around and basically loaf and all the lavish parties.. And yeah.. His own father is an enabler too.

  • I swear if it's Manziel, that might just be the last straw. I'm not kidding.

    @d-bone said:

    I swear if it's Manziel, that might just be the last straw. I'm not kidding.

    ^ My first post on this thread........... This will be my last.

  • @d-bone said:

    I swear if it's Manziel, that might just be the last straw. I'm not kidding.

    ^ My first post on this thread........... This will be my last.

    @d-bone said:

    ^ My first post on this thread........... This will be my last.

    Saw your post and Tour's.

    Prescient boys. Well done.

  • @adoug319 said:

    Looks like we're already looking past Weeden

    I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk.

    @hoorta said:

    I hope they were scouting Alabama- Manziel is a punk.

    LOL, saw it from the start. I had my battles with Mike H when draft talk got more serious. I had a feeling of impending Doom when his name got called. Was willing to give him some slack- until it got obvious it wasn't going to work- say the end of the first season. Him flipping off Pettine during the bye week was the final straw.

  • You cared enough to post this thread.

    Let it die already.

    [see what I did there?]

  • Giving advise to an addict is like giving advise to a buddy with a bad girlfriend he's in love with. You can come up with the best words but they will fall on deaf ears because he'll always go back.

  • Leaving Las Vegas is a pretty good film on a man unable to stop until he dies. Update it to drugs & alcohol and that's what we see.

  • Of course he's going to die, just like everyone else. be it 100 years from now or tomorrow morning, makes no difference to the universe.

  • We should start a death poll. Will he die this year or next year? Who knows it'll be fun! Winner get my Johnny Manziel Jersey.

  • We should start a death poll. Will he die this year or next year? Who knows it'll be fun! Winner get my Johnny Manziel Jersey.

    @p-kibs said:

    We should start a death poll. Will he die this year or next year? Who knows it'll be fun! Winner get my Johnny Manziel Jersey.

    Don't be a dick.

    The guy wore the colors, let's hope he turns a corner and has a great life.

    Zombo

  • I'm sure he'll get treatment eventually and end up in the CFL in a couple years.

  • Are our former fanboys congregating in the NY Post's comment section?

  • Are his friends now worried he'll die and their golden egg will be gone?

  • What I hope anyway that people can take away from this situation is that addiction grabs people from all walks of life. Here's a guy who lived a cushy life from childhood, was blessed with immense talent, and still is literally killing himself because addiction controls his life. I can't say I feel bad for the guy but it's sad lot to see that's for sure.