Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    And we can watch him play in the CFL now.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

  • Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    And vaccines cause autism and the earth is flat! 

    Watching the interview briefly, you could literally see he's in a better place. His complexion and demeanor were just completely different.  I can't say I'm "rooting" for the guy, but I don't wish evil on people either. I hope he keeps it up.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    And vaccines cause autism and the earth is flat! 

    Watching the interview briefly, you could literally see he's in a better place. His complexion and demeanor were just completely different.  I can't say I'm "rooting" for the guy, but I don't wish evil on people either. I hope he keeps it up.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    And vaccines cause autism and the earth is flat! 

    Watching the interview briefly, you could literally see he's in a better place. His complexion and demeanor were just completely different.  I can't say I'm "rooting" for the guy, but I don't wish evil on people either. I hope he keeps it up.

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    And vaccines cause autism and the earth is flat! 

    Watching the interview briefly, you could literally see he's in a better place. His complexion and demeanor were just completely different.  I can't say I'm "rooting" for the guy, but I don't wish evil on people either. I hope he keeps it up.

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    Bipolar or manic depression as it used to be called is nothing to be messed with, often comes on in the late teens and can explode in the twenties.  I knew one family that it ran in that had multiple suicides over three generations generally but not always at young ages.

    ADHD, bipolar, autism and others can be occasionally misdiagnosed until symptoms really are clear enough to be accurately diagnosed aND treated....hopefullyif the patient is still alive.

    Get the facts before painting everyone with the same brush and be thankful if you never have to deal with it personally. 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • @jrb12711 said:

    And vaccines cause autism and the earth is flat! 

    Watching the interview briefly, you could literally see he's in a better place. His complexion and demeanor were just completely different.  I can't say I'm "rooting" for the guy, but I don't wish evil on people either. I hope he keeps it up.

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I knew Gip would know. 😉

  • @jrb12711 said:

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

    Don't forget about reading something on Facebook from "crazy mom doctor's blog" that CONFIRMS all doctors are quacks!

  • @mjp28 said:

    Or we can go back hundreds of years in THIS country and declare people witches and burn them at the stake -or- put them under wooden planks and pile heavy rocks on them to "squeeze out the demons"......generally the "patients" died in either case......

    ........I think there are some that would like to practice that now in 2018.

    Don't forget about reading something on Facebook from "crazy mom doctor's blog" that CONFIRMS all doctors are quacks!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Don't forget about reading something on Facebook from "crazy mom doctor's blog" that CONFIRMS all doctors are quacks!

    She must be crazy........"diagnosistically speaking". 😆

    Oh yeah FB, where experts go to check if their years of research are correct. 

    31-Life-Changing-Lessons-to-Learn-from-Albert-Einstein.jpg

  • He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    The only thing JM really has going for him is that he's a quarterback and the NFL is short on experienced quarterbacks -plus- the NFL quarterback position is super over inflated in the QB money machine salary department. 

    Last year ATL QB Matt Ryan made more than every CFL player COMBINED! Big difference going up north to play.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I worked in psych and corrections for 10 years. Saying that bipolar and borderline are overdiagnosed is not the same as claiming autism is caused by vaccines. Did the subject hit a little close to home?

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares

    @jrb12711 said:

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    Not all docs are created equal and not all docs have their heart in their right place ($$$). Someone without a diagnosis can't be treated and have it charged to medicaid.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    The only thing JM really has going for him is that he's a quarterback and the NFL is short on experienced quarterbacks -plus- the NFL quarterback position is super over inflated in the QB money machine salary department. 

    Last year ATL QB Matt Ryan made more than every CFL player COMBINED! Big difference going up north to play.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    The only thing JM really has going for him is that he's a quarterback and the NFL is short on experienced quarterbacks -plus- the NFL quarterback position is super over inflated in the QB money machine salary department. 

    Last year ATL QB Matt Ryan made more than every CFL player COMBINED! Big difference going up north to play.

    The best thing  see going for him as a professional who spent a career working with people with bipolar disorder often self medicated with drugs and/or alcohol, is the insight he displays realizing that the only thing standing between him and that change  is the medication he needs to continue however "well" he may think he is. Biggest risk for this disorder is that meds work and the newly diagnosed/treated think they are now just fine and stop the meds. Big mistake. He seems to understand that he needs those medications to have a normal life. That is a major factor in remaining "well" and functioning at an optimal level no matter what he does in life. Good for him! Some folks take a series of failures before they can say what he is saying in that interview.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    I placed my opinion on the other thread. Good for JM. The insight that is absolutely necessary for continued wellness is evident in the interview. He's obviously gotten help looking squarely in the mirror and sees that only continued medication compliance will help him maintain this change. Real insight is the most important factor in making it a permanent change for the better. My $.02 worth as a pro in the field for 30+ years career.

  • He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him.