Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.
The only thing JM really has going for him is that he's a quarterback and the NFL is short on experienced quarterbacks -plus- the NFL quarterback position is super over inflated in the QB money machine salary department.
Last year ATL QB Matt Ryan made more than every CFL player COMBINED! Big difference going up north to play.
The only thing JM really has going for him is that he's a quarterback and the NFL is short on experienced quarterbacks -plus- the NFL quarterback position is super over inflated in the QB money machine salary department.
Last year ATL QB Matt Ryan made more than every CFL player COMBINED! Big difference going up north to play.
The best thing see going for him as a professional who spent a career working with people with bipolar disorder often self medicated with drugs and/or alcohol, is the insight he displays realizing that the only thing standing between him and that change is the medication he needs to continue however "well" he may think he is. Biggest risk for this disorder is that meds work and the newly diagnosed/treated think they are now just fine and stop the meds. Big mistake. He seems to understand that he needs those medications to have a normal life. That is a major factor in remaining "well" and functioning at an optimal level no matter what he does in life. Good for him! Some folks take a series of failures before they can say what he is saying in that interview.
-
I placed my opinion on the other thread. Good for JM. The insight that is absolutely necessary for continued wellness is evident in the interview. He's obviously gotten help looking squarely in the mirror and sees that only continued medication compliance will help him maintain this change. Real insight is the most important factor in making it a permanent change for the better. My $.02 worth as a pro in the field for 30+ years career.
-
He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.
He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.
Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him.
-
Don't know anything about it - but I hope he has a great rest of his life. What he was saying wasn't contrived -
it was sincere - must hurt him a lot. He'll need help getting on track.
-
He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.
Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him.
-
Not all docs are created equal and not all docs have their heart in their right place ($$$). Someone without a diagnosis can't be treated and have it charged to medicaid.
Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?
-
So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?
-
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...
-
Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us.
-
Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us.
Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us.
BEST AUTOCORRECT EVER!
(That was J ustin B ieber BTW)
-
Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.
Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off.
lol. I love that one.
......Billy....
-
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something....
I've personally known a few people with bipolar the worst cases can be devastating. One very nice cute girl who grew up on our street, it was so sad as she slipped deeper into it.
Now I'm not talking about slackers looking for free food stamps and don't like to work....screw them.
-
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...
I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready.
-
Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.
Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.
I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well.
-
He is still not going to be an NFL QB.
Johnny came from money and never listened to anybody but his enablers.
-
So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?
So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?
The same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed itThe same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed it
-
Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.
I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well.
I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well.
My friend used to cut my hair in a salon in the family basement, absolutely beautiful person until she got strangly sick. After awhile her mother said don't even bother coming over......I'd drive by and she'd be sitting alone in their driveway.
Slackers? Fakes? Really? Be careful with big broad labels.
-
I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...
I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready.
I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready.
The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...
-
I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready.
The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...
The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...
Doing drugs or other behaviors may or may not be a diagnosed medical condition, bipolar as I know it is not a choice like schizopherinia and others can be serious and dangerous chemical imbalances in the brain.
Oh I am by no means a doctor or medical person.
-
He'll be the face of the XFL in 2020
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login