Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Don't know anything about it - but I hope he has a great rest of his life. What he was saying wasn't contrived -

    it was sincere - must hurt him a lot.  He'll need help getting on track.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He needs to sign for whatever he can with the Tiger Cats.....and see is he can even put one foot in front of another on a football field before he starts worrying about getting back into the NFL.

    Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him. 

    And at whatever mimimalist salary they would give him.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    No, I'll just tend to trust medical doctors and their opinions on patients. Crazy concept right?

    Not all docs are created equal and not all docs have their heart in their right place ($$$). Someone without a diagnosis can't be treated and have it charged to medicaid.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Not all docs are created equal and not all docs have their heart in their right place ($$$). Someone without a diagnosis can't be treated and have it charged to medicaid.

    Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us. 

  • Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us. 

    BEST AUTOCORRECT EVER! 😆 (That was J ustin B ieber BTW)

  • Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off.

    lol.  I love that one.  

    ......Billy....

  • I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something....

    I've personally known a few people with bipolar the worst cases can be devastating. One very nice cute girl who grew up  on our street, it was so sad as she slipped deeper into it.

    Now I'm not talking about slackers looking for free food stamps and don't like to work....screw them.

  • I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

    I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

  • Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

  • B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    He is still not going to be an NFL QB.

    Johnny came from money and never listened to anybody but his enablers.

  • So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?

    The same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed itThe same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed it

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

    I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

    My friend used to cut my hair in a salon in the family basement, absolutely beautiful person until she got strangly sick. After awhile her mother said don't even bother coming over......I'd drive by and she'd be sitting alone in their driveway.

    Slackers? Fakes? Really?  Be careful with big broad labels.

  • @nickers said:

    I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

    I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

    The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...

  • @jcam222 said:

    I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

    The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...

    Doing drugs or other behaviors may or may not be a diagnosed medical condition, bipolar as I know it is not a choice like schizopherinia and others can be serious and dangerous chemical imbalances in the brain.

    Oh I am by no means a doctor or medical person.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    He'll be the face of the XFL in 2020 

  • @hoorta said:

    Totally agree Gip. He needs to prove he can keep his act together for a year in Canada before an NFL team will touch him. 

    And at whatever mimimalist salary they would give him.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    And at whatever mimimalist salary they would give him.

    Not really so minimalist, well for us working stiffs, JM had two years in so I believe it's a somewhat livable payday for him.

    Each year the NFL minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $465,000 for a rookie in 2017. A player’s minimum salary is determined by his years of experience (YOE), ranging from 0 to 10 or more. The chart below shows the minimum (P5) salaries a team can contract a player to based on Years of Experience (credited seasons).

    Yrs. 2017 2018 2019
    0 $465,000 $480,000 $495,000
    1 $540,000 $555,000 $570,000
    2 $615,000 $630,000 $645,000
    3 $690,000 $705,000 $720,000
    4-6 $775,000 $790,000 $805,000
    7-9 $900,000 $915,000 $930,000
    10+ $1,000,000 $1,015,000 $1,030,000
  • He'll be the face of the XFL in 2020 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    He'll be the face of the XFL in 2020 

    You may well be right!

    Mike

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Not all docs are created equal and not all docs have their heart in their right place ($$$). Someone without a diagnosis can't be treated and have it charged to medicaid.

    Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?

    So every drunk Shmucked up rich brat must have a mental illness?