Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

    Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. 😴

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @hoorta said:

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

    Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

    Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

    The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 90 minutes of anything reply.

    Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. 😆

  • @hoorta said:

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

    Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

    Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

    The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 90 minutes of anything reply.

    Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. 😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

    Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

    Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

    The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 60 minutes of anything reply.

    Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. 😆

    I'd rather watch curling than soccer.

  • @hoorta said:

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

    Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

    Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

    The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 90 minutes of anything reply.

    Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. 😆

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. 😆

    Me too😁

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Its Good to be The King

    5kzKk1T.gif

  • Its Good to be The King

    5kzKk1T.gif

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Its Good to be The King

    5kzKk1T.gif

    Yeah, chest isn't a bad sport to watch (or play) either.😍

  • @mjp28 said:

    They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

    Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. 😴

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

    I like baseball because I played little league as a kid, and my dad would take us to Muni to watch the Indians.  During the days of Rocky Colovito, etc.   He used to take us to double headers, talk about a long day, especially if you lost both games.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    Everyone should get a second Chance. Johnny's done some bad Sheet but I wish him well.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Looks like the fifteenth chance to me. He's so lucky to have richy rich spoil you rotten parents. Phukk him!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018
  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by Mark O

    That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate because Mayfield seems like a guy who is going to work hard and improve.   He could be more Wilson or Brees than Johnny dipstick.

    Or at least that what I'll be hoping we're getting if the Browns should draft him.  I hope we get a guy like Wilson who spends his career pissed off that teams doubted him and spends all his time working to prove them wrong.

  • Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018
    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

    What a douchebag.

    I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

    Zombo

  • Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

    Sounds like that was only one of the many screw ups by Ray Farmer. If they had dug a little deeper on Justin Gilbert, they would have passed there too.  Want to take a nauseating trip down memory lane to see just how bad Ray screwed up his drafts as Assistant and full GM? Try not to puke.  Three incredible busts in the first round, and only 4 contributing players- (5 if you count the departed Danny) in three drafts. 

    2013 Barkevious Mingo, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armonty Bryant

    2014 Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Terrance West, Pierre Desir

    2015 Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving, Nate Orchard, Duke Johnson, Xavier Cooper, Ibraheim Campbell, Vince Mayle, Charles Gaines, Malcom Johnson, Randall Telfer, Hayes Pullard, Ifo Ekpre-Olumo

         
         
         
  • @tour2ma said:

    Andrew Perloff‏Verified account @andrewperloff

    "If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

    6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

    What a douchebag.

    I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

    Zombo

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    What a douchebag.

    I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

    Zombo

    Douchebag for sure, now that he made that statement how many NFL teams are going to give him a second chance, I’m going to say 0

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Oh Johnny the spin you spin..Not Farmer,Not Pettine,Not even Kyle Shanahan wanted you here..The only person that wanted you here was a Owner named Jimmy Haslam.The only a$$hat that believed Manziel Mania would fill his stadium in 2014. Hoyer can't help you, after committing yourself as a pro.Hoyer had 50 other players to worry about. Blame Haslam-Farmer-D.Loggains for giving you a 23 yr.old Connor Shaw to work with.Pro's have a work commitment that you choose not to commit to. Continue to play football in your empty garden till you can man up & point the finger at yourself..maybe your agent should tell you in the future, the CFL can make a decision to sit you also..quit speaking & let your play speak for you..anywhere you can get it  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    lol... a response...

    Robert Klemko‏Verified account @RobertKlemko

    Robert Klemko Retweeted Andrew Perloff

    They *did* do their homework. The entire scouting staff was against drafting you. The worst team owner in North American sports pulled the trigger.

    8:49 AM - 4 Apr 2018
  • That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate because Mayfield seems like a guy who is going to work hard and improve.   He could be more Wilson or Brees than Johnny dipstick.

    Or at least that what I'll be hoping we're getting if the Browns should draft him.  I hope we get a guy like Wilson who spends his career pissed off that teams doubted him and spends all his time working to prove them wrong.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate

    That's not the side of Johnny that Mayfield is being compared with.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Manziel's father told the world in an interview BEFORE THE DRAFT that his son "drank at times to self-medicate". 

    Johnny Manziel being a bust has to be one of the easiest predictions ever. It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him. 

  • Manziel's father told the world in an interview BEFORE THE DRAFT that his son "drank at times to self-medicate". 

    Johnny Manziel being a bust has to be one of the easiest predictions ever. It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him.

    I'm sure they had no idea that he wasn't an X's and O's guy....and never watched film.   BUT the adults in charge of the team should've been able to find that out.  

    @tour2ma said:

    The worst team owner in North American sports

    This is hard to argue with.  He ruined the team to such an extent and then changed the uniforms into clown outfits.  I half expect him to come out of the owners box and shoot the team dog some half time.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Can't blame Farmer or the Scouts.  This was Haslam the whole way. 

  • Can't blame Farmer or the Scouts.  This was Haslam the whole way. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Can't blame Farmer or the Scouts.  This was Haslam the whole way. 

    I have never seen or heard proof that it WAS (or wasn't) Haslam's decision, so I won't argue that, but could it be that the genius who passed on Khalil Mack & took Justin Gilbert made the Johnny pick? We may never know for sure until the book, "Our Draft Secrets..The Truth" by Jimmie, Ray, & Sashi, is published.  

    The big question I have is....WHICH Draft magazine was Farmer's favorite to buy & read in the men's room prior to making his picks?

    Mike