Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • I'm sticking by an earlier statement that if we take Johnny Manziel at #4, it is because Haslam pulls the owner card and does what he has promised all he wouldn't do and that is pull rank over the guys he hired to run the team. I'm sure Farmer does like Manziel, but I don't think he likes him at #4 and I don't even think he is Farmers highest rated QB.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I'm sticking by an earlier statement that if we take Johnny Manziel at #4, it is because Haslam pulls the owner card and does what he has promised all he wouldn't do and that is pull rank over the guys he hired to run the team. I'm sure Farmer does like Manziel, but I don't think he likes him at #4 and I don't even think he is Farmers highest rated QB.

    Rest easy son- at least if you want to believe Pettine.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347201/article/mike-pettine-haslam-wont-mess-with-browns-draft

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    If Manziel was 2 inches taller hed be the unanimous first pick. If Manziel was black he'd be the unanimous first pick. Let that sink in for a second.

    But he's not 2" taller, white or black has nothing to do with it either. If he was 100 pounds heavier, he'd make a heck of a nose tackle. And if he was William Wallace (Braveheart), he'd be able to shoot balls of fire out of his ass. I think some of the Johnny lovers already think he's capable of that.

    @playgroundlegend said:

    He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

    And how many of those Duke defenders are going to be playing on Sunday? None? Got any video of him running over C J Mosley or Dee Ford? Out running Clinton Dix?

  • @mike-h said:

    As long as they take Bortles (1b), Bridgewater (2) or Manziel (1a), I'll be happy.

    ABM- anyone but Manziel.

    @mike-h said:

    I think so, but anything can happen on Thursday.

    If they take JF, I'm going to be in as big a funk as when Byner fumbled in the AFC Championship game. I'm not kidding.

    Oh, if we do draft him, I'll support the little twerp- but I'll go on record right now- I have a bad, bad, BAD feeling feeling about him on the Browns. Now if he fell to #26, that's a different story. Means we took a top impact player @ #4.

    BdmaGpgCEAA5i32.jpg

    BTW, here's your "face of the Franchise" straight from his Twitter page.

  • I want Johnny Football.

  • This thread is a joke.

  • @choco said:

    A good majority of that crap was fan boi blind love.

    Just as one example, the ability to push back linebackers? Lmao....the shrimp is gonna out muscle a man that has 50 lbs on him......please.

    Fan boi honks only see what they wanna see.

    On a positive note, the does throw a nice left handed pass....

    He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

    @playgroundlegend said:

    He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

    exhibit #1 of the failure of a fan trying to scout.

    Making such declarative statements about a prospect based on one game....against.....let's say guys that will not make it in the league. How'd he look against mizz and LSU? Hey, he beat rice though....lol

    You're welcome.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    I'm sticking by an earlier statement that if we take Johnny Manziel at #4, it is because Haslam pulls the owner card and does what he has promised all he wouldn't do and that is pull rank over the guys he hired to run the team. I'm sure Farmer does like Manziel, but I don't think he likes him at #4 and I don't even think he is Farmers highest rated QB.

    Rest easy son- at least if you want to believe Pettine.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347201/article/mike-pettine-haslam-wont-mess-with-browns-draft

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    If Manziel was 2 inches taller hed be the unanimous first pick. If Manziel was black he'd be the unanimous first pick. Let that sink in for a second.

    But he's not 2" taller, white or black has nothing to do with it either. If he was 100 pounds heavier, he'd make a heck of a nose tackle. And if he was William Wallace (Braveheart), he'd be able to shoot balls of fire out of his ass. I think some of the Johnny lovers already think he's capable of that.

    @playgroundlegend said:

    He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

    And how many of those Duke defenders are going to be playing on Sunday? None? Got any video of him running over C J Mosley or Dee Ford? Out running Clinton Dix?

    @hoorta said:

    Rest easy son- at least if you want to believe Pettine.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347201/article/mike-pettine-haslam-wont-mess-with-browns-draft

    But he's not 2" taller, white or black has nothing to do with it either. If he was 100 pounds heavier, he'd make a heck of a nose tackle. And if he was William Wallace (Braveheart), he'd be able to shoot balls of fire out of his ass. I think some of the Johnny lovers already think he's capable of that.

    And how many of those Duke defenders are going to be playing on Sunday? None? Got any video of him running over C J Mosley or Dee Ford? Out running Clinton Dix?

    That wasnt the point.. the point was that he can take and deliver hits from players that are NFL size

    @choco said:

    exhibit #1 of the failure of a fan trying to scout.

    Making such declarative statements about a prospect based on one game....against.....let's say guys that will not make it in the league. How'd he look against mizz and LSU? Hey, he beat rice though....lol

    You're welcome.

    How did he look against Alabama? Oh thats right.. great.. I think thats the answer right? great?

    Oh and Hoorta.. if you watch both Bama games you can see JFF beating Mosley to the edge almost on a regular occasion, he never had to go head to head with him because he just out manuevered him.

    Fan trying to be a scout?

    No, not at all. Just a guy with an opinion who likes to back it up with video. Theres tons of it online, you can see full games of JFF in amost each one of his college starts

    BTW.. watching the LSU game which I believe was Johnnys worst..

    The stat line was way worse than his actual play on the field. See for yourself

  • Um....they lost against Alabama....I guess you missed that part.

    But he's a winner.....except he went 4-4 in the SEC.

  • "According to the Houston Chronicle, "word's spreading among media" in New York that the Jaguars will take Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 3."

    Is there a bigger college player coming out that has MORE SMOKESCREEN than Johnny Football?

    If he's this good, then Houston would take him at 1...but the issue is. HE IS NOT.

    Every team using his popularity to trade down and rob someone.

    Texans,

    Rams, -- remember this one? Rumor of Johnny visiting them a few days ago? Pure BS as player visits ended a week ago.

    Jacksonville

    Raiders

    Browns

    "We're taking johnny!!! who wants to pony up??!?!"

  • Um....they lost against Alabama....I guess you missed that part.

    But he's a winner.....except he went 4-4 in the SEC.

    @choco said:

    Um....they lost against Alabama....I guess you missed that part.

    But he's a winner.....except he went 4-4 in the SEC.

    He's a winner they say!

    hahahaha!

    LSU shut him down twice by running contain on defense. Maybe Alabama gave him too much credit.

  • Calm down. It's all smoke and mirrors right now.

  • it is time to stop listening or watching the media till actual draft time tomorrow.

  • I'm tired of rumors.

  • All of these rumors must be making the Rams jump for joy in terms of trading down. Depending on the team they can EASILY nab a 2nd or even 1st round next year for someone who thinks Manzile will be gone.

  • Ya, this is a smoke screen by the Rams to try and get the Bucs to trade up.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Do you have "inside" information?

    Yep. And the top QB on their board is the same guy every media analyst is now saying the Browns are in love with. Teddy.

  • I seem to remember many old posters here that fell in love with an over hyped prospect. He was the savior, and believed it so much that they grew tired of his detractors. Frustrated, they left and created their own board.

    So uh.....who was actually right in that case?

  • Only one fact about the draft right now in my mind:

    "Of all the 32 teams involved in the draft... the Browns are my favorite"

    How's that for insider information?

    Go Browns!!

  • I doubt scouts give a shit about race. They just want the best player

  • The Browns are not going to draft Johnny Futball.

    Not going to happen. Not a fit.