Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
I am just as surprised as anyone that this was the pick. For the past week I had been thinking that JF wasn't even on their board anymore. I still think that if they had missed him in the middle rounds you would have seen us take Bridgewater at #26. But even though Manziel is the ultimate boom or bust player, I like the pick at #22. I like it so much better considering he thought he was going top 10. He is going to come into the building with a chip on his shoulder. He is going to check any attitude at the door and bust his ass to learn the QB position in the NFL. And all that hard work is just going to push Hoyer even more, who has already been working at a super human level. WE got Vince Young to teach him how to not behave in the NFL. Perfect situation for our team.
I am just as surprised as anyone that this was the pick. For the past week I had been thinking that JF wasn't even on their board anymore. I still think that if they had missed him in the middle rounds you would have seen us take Bridgewater at #26. But even though Manziel is the ultimate boom or bust player, I like the pick at #22. I like it so much better considering he thought he was going top 10. He is going to come into the building with a chip on his shoulder. He is going to check any attitude at the door and bust his ass to learn the QB position in the NFL. And all that hard work is just going to push Hoyer even more, who has already been working at a super human level. WE got Vince Young to teach him how to not behave in the NFL. Perfect situation for our team.
Manziel will start this year eventually. I'd bet on it.
-
If he stays healthy, he will light it up.
My broker from Dayton is sending me a Manziel Browns jersey and me and a buddy are going to join the local Browns fan club. Can't wait for the opening kickoff!!!
That is the big issue... staying healthy. To do so he has to reign in some of that fierce competitiveness, which ran him into some troubling dings his Sophomore season. Which raises the issue of how much can he reign in that which is at his core? (or Corps, if you're an Ag like my daughter.)
Two more points...
- Dayton has a lot of Bengal fans so be sure the jersey is the right color.
- Hopefully JM will never see the field on opening day.
Welcome to the board...
That is the big issue... staying healthy. To do so he has to reign in some of that fierce competitiveness, which ran him into some troubling dings his Sophomore season. Which raises the issue of how much can he reign in that which is at his core? (or Corps, if you're an Ag like my daughter.)
Two more points...
- Dayton has a lot of Bengal fans so be sure the jersey is the right color.
- Hopefully JM will never see the field on opening day.
Welcome to the board...
He has a trick knee he injured in HS which flares ocassionally. Last year his knee got injured but he came back in the game. Also last year he injured his thumb on his passing hand by hitting the helmet on his follow through. And his shoulder was injured when he was tackled from behind by a huge Auburn DL who then landed on top of him. Johnny came back in the game but had trouble passing. The hand and shoulder bothered him through the end of the season. He was finally healthy for the Capital One Bowl and played lights out.
Johnny took a few hard hits after releasing the ball after passing but always got back up. But I never saw him take a hard hit running in space. It's the hits he will take in or near the pocket that worry me. He does have a horrible tendancy to try to take on a DB and deliver a hit. He will need to stop that.
-
Lets Predict where he ends up ....lets see if anyone is right
I say he goes to Vikings either at 8 or they trade back into round 1 ......
-
Zombo said:
Cleveland Fucking Ohio.
Zombo
the great and ever knowing zomboni everyone!!
(applause...then gun shots?)
-
-
Mike Pettine took Sal Pal to Johnny's in Cleveland before the draft. Hopefully Jonny Football doesn't turn out like the restaurant, because it sucks, overpriced and overratted.
-
I think its pretty obvious Manziel will start week 1, they can say all they want about having them duke it out in camp, no way we sit Johnny Football on week 1. Hoyer will be back up and Vince Young will be third QB
-
let's wait until the people in higher places in the browns org looks at these guys before 'we' start predicting who, what, or when.
it does no one any good.
to all the true blue JF fans (he's a brown, i'm a fan)...what happens if he doesn't beat out hoyer? what if he does do you still start him?
just askin.
-
Hard to predict what will happen. May the best man win.
-
Nice .... way to sodomize this forum you fucking toothless bastard,
Eat shit you arrogant prick. Shame on me for defending my team against an asshole. According to my dentist teeth are good, according to my hot wife, big house, nice toys and fat check I am not the hillbilly you insinuate I am.
-
Got drunk in college!?!?
There's a deal breaker...
WSS
-
When Dallas moved up, then passed on him all I thought as he squirmed was Bradey effin Quinn. I really do like the first pick. This one ehh?
I don't know if it was me or not, but I wasn't overly impressed over any QB in this draft as being the next John Elway. Manzell and Bridgewater both looked a little small to me.
-
When Dallas moved up, then passed on him all I thought as he squirmed was Bradey effin Quinn. I really do like the first pick. This one ehh?
I don't know if it was me or not, but I wasn't overly impressed over any QB in this draft as being the next John Elway. Manzell and Bridgewater both looked a little small to me.
When Dallas moved up, then passed on him all I thought as he squirmed was Bradey effin Quinn. I really do like the first pick. This one ehh?
I don't know if it was me or not, but I wasn't overly impressed over any QB in this draft as being the next John Elway. Manzell and Bridgewater both looked a little small to me.
If it turns out like the Brady Quinn draft, we just got a potential HOF player with our first pick in Justin GIlbert.
-
seriously, you were just handed a gift. Appreciate it.
Seriously... don't tell me what to think... especially if it includes some ESPN conspiracy to undermine Johnny Fucking Football bullshit.
If you check my Location you'll note that I live closer to where JM grew up than you may. So I know more than a little about his career... on and off the field. And yes, he's basically good people that did not have a clue of how to handle his sudden fame... and so he got a little tarnish on his reputation... and has since learned how to care for and enhance an image.
And I care not...
I only care a what he does on the field for my team, if and when he gets a chance to step onto the field in a actual NFL game.
Oh... and welcome to the board...
-
To sum up our 1st round:
We got:
Top CB in the draft
A high-risk potential stud QB
A 2015 1st round pick, probably in the top 15
Gave up:
Our 2nd 3rd rounder
Our 5th rounder
Not Bad. I would've rather sat and took Bridgewater or Carr at 26, but maybe all the Hype will pay off, and prove me wrong. Go Manziel! and Go Browns!
Still have a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths, a 6th, and 7th
Still need OG, WR2, ILB, and possibly RB and FS. Still possible...
Tomorrow's prediction coming up soon...
To sum up our 1st round:
We got:
Top CB in the draft
A high-risk potential stud QB
A 2015 1st round pick, probably in the top 15
Gave up:
Our 2nd 3rd rounder
Our 5th rounder
Not Bad. I would've rather sat and took Bridgewater or Carr at 26, but maybe all the Hype will pay off, and prove me wrong. Go Manziel! and Go Browns!
Still have a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths, a 6th, and 7th
Still need OG, WR2, ILB, and possibly RB and FS. Still possible...
Tomorrow's prediction coming up soon...
Second round would be a good place to take that WR: marquise Lee, Allen Robinson seem best bet.
3rd round is a good spot for an OG. If Yankey drops there that would be sweet.
4th round ILB? Max Bullough?
-
@mike-h said:
Who cares where we got him, we got him. And we didn't get an OT, Mack or Watkins. Skrine is done at #2 CB.
Eat bags of dicks.
Skrine will go back to being the nickel back where he should be very useful. Or, do you think McFadden will take over that role?
-
hilarious...carr was a total smokescreen...played mary kay like a fiddle and surprised everyone but Gilbert as they nabbed the best CB in the draft and then lept in out of nowhere and stole the James Franco of Football...
Johnny Fucking Football
-
Johnny at 22 eh?
Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden were both drafted at 22 by the Browns.
Hey, gotta stick with what works for ya.lol
What sucks is when I checked out the Bengals and Steelers boards..they were laughing at Cleveland again.
-
WORST PICK EVAH.
An undersize QB in a division with Baltimore, Pitts and Cin, playing in the cold on grass come Nov.....
IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login