Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • It was terrible, as an Aggie, to watch it all be about Manziel... I mean, the day after we beat Alabama at their house, all you heard about was Johnny. As an Aggie fan it was one of the most depressing days of my life. So, so sad.

  • @txdawg said:

    If the Browns thought Hoyer was their guy, they wouldn't have taken Johnny. They have had Hoyer, they know him, They've seen two years of SEC tape on Johnny, met with him, worked him out..

    Nothing in up coming practices would be more informative than these facts.

    The job is Johnny's to lose.

    If he does lose it, I'll be shocked (or) confused; IDK what I would think.

    c'mon man. just cuz we picked a rookie QB doesn't mean he has to start. i don't think anyone in this whole mock or insider knowledge of players think that anyone of these QBs will go right in and be the opening day starter.

    can we at least wait until TC and preseason is over to discuss this?

    @mark-o said:

    Take this for what it's worth but this is what the actual Head Coach had to say about who will start at QB:

    "There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year's draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out,'' Pettine told USA Today this week. "I really believe that. There's that certain 'it' factor he has. Just the way he's attacked his rehab, the way he's attacked learning a new offense.''

    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20140509/nfl-draft-snaps-johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns/#ixzz31ERmS7L5

    finally and usually mark comes here and makes sense.

    calm the F down everyone.

    hey, who's up for tailgate hats this year?

    thinking that might be the way to go this year unless a big T design of manziel hovering over cleveland.

    @miktoxic said:

    c'mon man. just cuz we picked a rookie QB doesn't mean he has to start. i don't think anyone in this whole mock or insider knowledge of players think that anyone of these QBs will go right in and be the opening day starter.

    can we at least wait until TC and preseason is over to discuss this?

    you didn't just take a rookie QB.

    you took Johnny Manziel in the first round. My logic could be wrong, but it is a logical opinion. I don't think you take Johnny there unless you expect him to be your guy. So much so, that I imagine Hoyer is on the trading block right now.

  • Thanks for the info, Mrs. Manziel.

  • Congratulations on the picks. I hope Gilbert is the best corner in the draft and here's hoping that Johnny can be the guy you are looking for. I wonder how many new Browns fans came on board but I'm excited for him playing for such a passionate fan base.

  • Hoyer is not on the trading block. Besides the fact he has limited value, you don't throw Manziel and say its all yours

  • you don't throw out a freshman in the SEC and say it's all yours.

    I respect your opinion, I simply disagree... Should be interesting to watch from the sideline.

  • @miktoxic said:

    c'mon man. just cuz we picked a rookie QB doesn't mean he has to start. i don't think anyone in this whole mock or insider knowledge of players think that anyone of these QBs will go right in and be the opening day starter.

    can we at least wait until TC and preseason is over to discuss this?

    you didn't just take a rookie QB.

    you took Johnny Manziel in the first round. My logic could be wrong, but it is a logical opinion. I don't think you take Johnny there unless you expect him to be your guy. So much so, that I imagine Hoyer is on the trading block right now.

    @txdawg said:

    you didn't just take a rookie QB.

    you took Johnny Manziel in the first round. My logic could be wrong, but it is a logical opinion. I don't think you take Johnny there unless you expect him to be your guy. So much so, that I imagine Hoyer is on the trading block right now.

    There's no way that Hoyer is on the trading block at this point.

    And, yes, Manziel is JUST a rookie QB at this point. He has a lot to prove before he becomes anything otherwise than that.

  • A&M give us room!!!! Go Johnny. Look at that poise. He has a lot of the BS he will have to put up with already figured out. Solid guy and his is real

  • He won the job as a freshman but he had competition at A&M as a freshman with Showers. He won the job with completion just like he will here. C'mon man

  • No one thought it would work with Drew Brees or Russell Wilson because they were too short. Maybe it won't work with Manziel, no one knows at this point but I'm willing to roll the dice and see how it turns out. Like someone else said, he was essentially a free pick since we raped Indy for a first round pick for an average RB.

  • ok, bro,.. Johnny is a JAG. ok... nothing different, just another rookie QB 😵

  • ok, bro,.. Johnny is a JAG. ok... nothing different, just another rookie QB 😵

    @txdawg said:

    ok, bro,.. Johnny is a JAG. ok... nothing different, just another rookie QB 😵

    At this point....he is just another guy. He's still a rookie and has proven nothing at this level other than he's very polarizing with the media and fans. He's the same circus that follows Tebow, only difference is that a lot of people actually think that Manziel can play at this level as opposed to most who thought that Tebow was not going to be able to be a NFL QB.

  • Here's Johnny!!!

    The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

    I hope this is not the one that shows up on Any Given Sunday!!!

  • @txdawg said:

    ok, bro,.. Johnny is a JAG. ok... nothing different, just another rookie QB 😵

    At this point....he is just another guy. He's still a rookie and has proven nothing at this level other than he's very polarizing with the media and fans. He's the same circus that follows Tebow, only difference is that a lot of people actually think that Manziel can play at this level as opposed to most who thought that Tebow was not going to be able to be a NFL QB.

    @mark-o said:

    At this point....he is just another guy. He's still a rookie and has proven nothing at this level other than he's very polarizing with the media and fans. He's the same circus that follows Tebow, only difference is that a lot of people actually think that Manziel can play at this level as opposed to most who thought that Tebow was not going to be able to be a NFL QB.

    Exactly. He could bust just as easily as he could boom.

    TXDawg, so far your only argument is "he won the starting job as a freshman". I fail to see how that immediately correlates to NFL success and becoming the "Greatest of All-Time" as you suggest.

  • Never really saw what was so great about about the kid. I'm a believer that Evans helped bail him out of a lot of shit. But i guess throwing Jump Balls (ala Joe Flacco) can win you the superbowl. Just gotta get enough PI calls.

    OH well! He's a Brown and i'm 100% rooting for the kid. I just think he should sit and learn before throwing him into the fire.

  • Also, people forget that he was a redshirt freshman, not a true freshman.

    I'd feel comfortable letting him "redshirt" his rookie season and have him sit and watch.

  • ok, he won the starting job as a freshman?

    true.. but i think I was leaning on this a bit more:

    he won the Heisman as a freshman. he broke Cam Newton's All purpose yards in a season in 2 less games as a freshman. he led A&M to their first 11 win season in decades as a freshman.

    How does this translate to immediate success? It doesn't.

    What it does is say that he needs to be coddled or treated like just someone who hasn't been through something similar before. It's proven immediate success.

    I've said before he could be a bust or a GOAT. I, nor do you,know which it will be.

    To say Johnny is no different from any other rookie is ridiculous. What other rookie has had to put up with that much scrutiny, attention in history? None. Some might come close but the answer is none... Actually if you don't understand what I'm talking about when i say Johnny is different and is not just another rookie,... making a spit bubble with my mouth would be more productive at this point.

  • Also, people forget that he was a redshirt freshman, not a true freshman.

    I'd feel comfortable letting him "redshirt" his rookie season and have him sit and watch.

    @utzie said:

    Also, people forget that he was a redshirt freshman, not a true freshman.

    I'd feel comfortable letting him "redshirt" his rookie season and have him sit and watch.

    fair point.

  • ok, he won the starting job as a freshman?

    true.. but i think I was leaning on this a bit more:

    he won the Heisman as a freshman. he broke Cam Newton's All purpose yards in a season in 2 less games as a freshman. he led A&M to their first 11 win season in decades as a freshman.

    How does this translate to immediate success? It doesn't.

    What it does is say that he needs to be coddled or treated like just someone who hasn't been through something similar before. It's proven immediate success.

    I've said before he could be a bust or a GOAT. I, nor do you,know which it will be.

    To say Johnny is no different from any other rookie is ridiculous. What other rookie has had to put up with that much scrutiny, attention in history? None. Some might come close but the answer is none... Actually if you don't understand what I'm talking about when i say Johnny is different and is not just another rookie,... making a spit bubble with my mouth would be more productive at this point.

    @txdawg said:

    ok, he won the starting job as a freshman?

    true.. but i think I was leaning on this a bit more:

    he won the Heisman as a freshman. he broke Cam Newton's All purpose yards in a season in 2 less games as a freshman. he led A&M to their first 11 win season in decades as a freshman.

    How does this translate to immediate success? It doesn't.

    What it does is say that he needs to be coddled or treated like just someone who hasn't been through something similar before. It's proven immediate success.

    I've said before he could be a bust or a GOAT. I, nor do you,know which it will be.

    To say Johnny is no different from any other rookie is ridiculous. What other rookie has had to put up with that much scrutiny, attention in history? None. Some might come close but the answer is none... Actually if you don't understand what I'm talking about when i say Johnny is different and is not just another rookie,... making a spit bubble with my mouth would be more productive at this point.

    I can't say that I would want any player on the Browns to be coddled or treated differently. If he proves he can play, he plays. Just put the best QB on the field, regardless of who they are.

  • The Evans take has been thoroughly debunked.

    IMO, what makes Johnny great is:

    • instincts
    • amazing accuracy when throwing on the run
    • intelligence. Manziel on 1st and 2nd down. JFF on 3rd down. (A&M lead the nation in 3rd down conversion)
    • ability to perform under pressure, plays better in bigger moments.
    • weird perfect body. big hands, big feet. control ball, good balance. can throw over lineman but secondary can't see him as well (short works both ways)
    • never missed a game because of injury
    • elevates others around him
    • strong arm
    • well, now i would just be listed athleticism and NFL QB expected traits

    .